PDA

View Full Version : McGahee rejects "High Motor" label

Saratoga Slim
12-14-2006, 03:17 PM
AP- Orchard Park. McGahee Rejects "High Motor" Label. At an impromptu press conference outside the Bills' practice facility earlier today, Bills running back Willis McGahee declared that any media characterizations of him as a "high motor" player are "nonsense." "Yeah, that irks me," said the former University of Miami standout, "I ain't a high motor guy at all. The yards I get are on pure talent, and it gets to me when anyone suggests that I have to try hard. I mean, unless we're playing Vilma and the Jets, I have a tough time putting on any motor at all, know what I mean? But I still get it done."

Asked to comment on whether teammate Aaron Schobel is annoyed that to date he's been overlooked by voters for the Pro Bowl, McGahee laughed, noting that "if Schoebel's pissed about anything, its cause he spent half the offseason up here in this cowtown for those stupid minicamps when he coulda been down in Miami rollin the beaches with me. What a sucker." McGahee declined to comment on rumors that the broken ribs he suffered in the Bills' 24-10 win over Green Bay were caused by falling on the cell phone he carries under his jersey for emergency access to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Philagape
12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
"it gets to me when anyone suggests that I have to try hard."

Is this a joke? Did he really say this?

Dolfan984
12-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Did he just say he isn't going 100%??

Kerr
12-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Satire.

OpIv37
12-14-2006, 03:37 PM
and pretty good satire at that- I got a laugh out of it.

BAM
12-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Is this from The Brushback? :D

I believe it's satire of the Schobel story.

Philagape
12-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Ah, I didn't see the Schobel story before.

But since it was McGahee, I couldn't rule it out.

Saratoga Slim
12-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Is this from The Brushback? :D

I believe it's satire of the Schobel story.
No, not from The Brushback, but yes, I was alluding to the Schobel story.

But the fact that it was even a little bit believable is an unfortunate statement about how we all look at ol' Willis.