PDA

View Full Version : Why???

SabanEra84
12-14-2006, 07:39 PM
I am not here to start any kind of crap, i feel both teams right now are playing well and think sundays game is going to be as entertaining as the last few games. however i am pissed off at some of the fair weathered fans from western ny. i am from rochester and find it hard to believe that there are still tickets for the game. i wont be able to go 70 miles to the game this sunday and was hoping to watch it on tv sunday.. but 5000 tickets? how can such a fan base be so fair weathered. the only team this season not to sell out is the bills (only heard that through rochester d and c)...2 times and it might be 3...why? bc they aren't making the playoffs? i believe just because the team isnt making the playoffs the support should still be there...i encourage everyone to go to the game sunday, regardless if they lose or win..its football, greatest sports game on earth...5000 better be gone tomorrow, or a majority of the fan base should be ashamed of themselves, i can see why there has been talk of the team leaving...:rrich:

HHURRICANE
12-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I am not here to start any kind of crap, i feel both teams right now are playing well and think sundays game is going to be as entertaining as the last few games. however i am pissed off at some of the fair weathered fans from western ny. i am from rochester and find it hard to believe that there are still tickets for the game. i wont be able to go 70 miles to the game this sunday and was hoping to watch it on tv sunday.. but 5000 tickets? how can such a fan base be so fair weathered. the only team this season not to sell out is the bills (only heard that through rochester d and c)...2 times and it might be 3...why? bc they aren't making the playoffs? i believe just because the team isnt making the playoffs the support should still be there...i encourage everyone to go to the game sunday, regardless if they lose or win..its football, greatest sports game on earth...5000 better be gone tomorrow, or a majority of the fan base should be ashamed of themselves, i can see why there has been talk of the team leaving...:rrich:

We're the only team not to sell out this season. Are you sure?!

Ingtar33
12-14-2006, 07:50 PM
that, i think is right.

I'm not 100% sure, i know we were the first team this year to not sell out a home game. i don't know if we remain the only team to not sell out.

SABuffalo786
12-14-2006, 08:17 PM

Pfffffffffffft.

Love these plastic Miami fans from ****holes like Rochester.

We've sold out, what 28 of the last 30? Miami fans are the last people on Earth who should be talking about fairweathered fans. 50 percnet of your sellouts are made possible by fans of the teams you play. Particularly Buffalo.

But this argument would be lost on you, because you've never been to Miami, have you?

HHURRICANE
12-14-2006, 08:37 PM
that, i think is right.

I'm not 100% sure, i know we were the first team this year to not sell out a home game. i don't know if we remain the only team to not sell out.

When did crappy teams like the Cards start selling out all of their games. Ohh, that's right they got a new stadium this year. Whe did the Dolphins start doing it?!

Slim
12-14-2006, 08:42 PM
We're the only team not to sell out this season. Are you sure?!

The Raiders NEVER sell out there home games, there always blacked out here.

OpIv37
12-14-2006, 08:42 PM
We sold 68000+ tickets- that IS a sellout in half the stadiums in the NFL (and that's not an exaggeration- look it up).

The NFL's blackout policy is biased and outdated.

Michael82
12-14-2006, 08:46 PM
We sold 68000+ tickets- that IS a sellout in half the stadiums in the NFL (and that's not an exaggeration- look it up).

The NFL's blackout policy is biased and outdated.
Agreed. And this is also why we need a new stadium. 73,000+ is too big for Buffalo.

SabanEra84
12-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Pfffffffffffft.

Love these plastic Miami fans from ****holes like Rochester.

We've sold out, what 28 of the last 30? Miami fans are the last people on Earth who should be talking about fairweathered fans. 50 percnet of your sellouts are made possible by fans of the teams you play. Particularly Buffalo.

But this argument would be lost on you, because you've never been to Miami, have you?

yeah i have been to miami, but guess what, even if fans from other teams are there, they still sell the stadium right? and i went to the game when the bills played green bay, at least 1/3 of the stadium was green and gold. i dont wanna hear your **** and i bet at least that is gonna be the same for miami fans this weekend...so wheres your arugment back?

SABuffalo786
12-14-2006, 11:07 PM
yeah i have been to miami

Going to Disney World when you were 12 doesn't count.

but guess what, even if fans from other teams are there, they still sell the stadium right?

Even when it's "sold out" there's still large swathes of orange seats visible. I went to Bills-Fish in 2004 down there and we outnumbered Fin **** 2-1 and there were STILL big patches of empty seats in the upper decks. Some sell out.

and i went to the game when the bills played green bay, at least 1/3 of the stadium was green and gold. i dont wanna hear your **** and i bet at least that is gonna be the same for miami fans this weekend...so wheres your arugment back?

1/3? I doubt it. If it's anywhere close it's only because of sad sack upstaters like you with no identity who has to pretend that he's a fan of a team that's 1500 miles away.

Besides, the Ralph only gets overrun with away fans only once in a while. You clowns seem to get invaded every home game.

JJamezz
12-14-2006, 11:35 PM
The fair-weather argument is a little weak - local Bills fans have consistently sold out this as was mentioned LARGE capacity stadium through the last 10 years with a single playoff appearance..

What I truly don't get, is why'd they wait until now? The organization is finally headed in the right direction, and fans aren't showing up.. I guess TD truly was a marketing genius.

LifetimeBillsFan
12-15-2006, 12:41 AM
...What I truly don't get, is why'd they wait until now? The organization is finally headed in the right direction, and fans aren't showing up.. I guess TD truly was a marketing genius.

That's the part I don't get.

I know that the stadium has the sixth largest capacity in the league, that the economy in WNY sucks, that, knowing this, the NFL stuck it to the Bills and their fans by scheduling 3 home games in December around the holidays, etc. And, yes, I also know how long it has been since the Bills have made the playoffs, that T.Donahoe and the antics of his HCs and teams have soured a lot of Bills fan on the team, and that Ralph Wilson hasn't been the best owner in the league and has further alienated a lot of folks with his periods of cheapness and whining about not being able to make enough money to compete with the "Big Boys" of the NFL, etc.

But, this Bills team has matched or exceeded just about all of the expectations that any reasonable Bills fan could have had for the team after last season. OK, so maybe they haven't gone about rebuilding and winning the way that some think that they should have, but you can't complain about the effort that they are putting out, the improvement over last season in record, effort, attitude, etc. is obvious, and their young players have been developing nicely and playing pretty well during the second half of this season. IMHO, this is finally a team that is deserving of the support of the people of WNY.

Yes, I know that this is not an elite team capable of competing for a Super Bowl title--at least not yet (this season). But, neither are most of the teams in the NFL: at this point, there are probably only half a dozen out of 32 teams that can legitimately be called Super Bowl-caliber teams. The rest are either going up, going down or treading water. And, this Bills team has shown definite signs that it belongs in the first category.

So, why not support them? Why not show the team and, yes, the management team and ownership that the people of WNY recognize and appreciate the improvement and want to see it continue?

This is not last year's team. Or, the teams of the last several years that promised much and, at times, didn't even play hard. I could see not paying to support them! But, why take out your frustration and anger at those teams on this group that has promised little but shown, through three quarters of a season, that it is cut out of a different cloth? In a funny way, it is akin to saying, "We don't want to see a young, improving team that gives a lot of effort, give us a team of big-name, over-the-hill guys who think they are better than they are and will give up the first time they face adversity, like the teams that we sold-out the Ralph to see in the past".

Like I said, I don't get it. Whether you like Ralph or Marv or Dick, etc., the team that they have put on the field this season is a noticeably better product than the ones they have been selling out in the past. But, more importantly, these young Bills players have been working their butts off and have done a good job of coming together and playing as a team this season, in spite of their inexperience and lacking elite talent still at a number of positions. Yeah, I know that the Bills have won and lost ugly at times this season, but anyone who has ever worked at a blue-collar job knows what that is all about. You would think that fans in WNY, with their hard-working, blue collar attitudes, would appreciate the effort that this team has put in to overcome adversity and their weaknesses to be as competitive as they have been this season and would show their appreciation by turning out for their games to show the team that they like what they have seen and want it to continue. And, honestly, I can't understand why they haven't taken this team more to their hearts.

OK, so this isn't the Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, etc. Bills. But it seems to me that folks seem to be forgetting that those guys didn't win and go to the Super Bowl right away, either. It took them a couple of years of building and playing a lot like this team, adding pieces along the way, before they became the team that we Bills fans all remember so fondly. Will this team end up being like that one? There are no guarantees in football and this team still has a long way to go. And, even if they do get to that same level, it's likely that they will do it in a different way--because no two teams are alike and no set of players can ever play exactly like another. But, this young group of Bills has shown considerable promise and IMHO Bills fans should let the team and its management know that they want to see more and better of that promise by showing up at their games.

But, of course, that's just my opinion and I'm sure there are others who will find much to disagree with in these comments.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 12:51 AM
What I truly don't get, is why'd they wait until now? The organization is finally headed in the right direction, and fans aren't showing up.. I guess TD truly was a marketing genius.

That part is what proves my point. It's the Sabres. when the Bills have been sucking over the last 7 years, people would still get tickets to them because they weren't going to the Sabres games. In Buffalo, the Sabres were always the team to watch in January-June or July and the Sabres season would begin for many people when the Bills season ends. Now that the Sabres are the hottest or 2nd hottest team in the league, Buffalo is watching them and spending tons of money on them. And this has been since September. So when the Bills have been looking like **** for the first half of the season, many Bills fans in Western NY considered the season over and put all their focus on the Sabres. Now, even when they are looking good and "back in it" those fans are still on the Sabres bandwagon and not back to the Bills. I don't understand why. It appears that the money they had for the Bills tickets and merchandise has already been spent on tons of Sabres gear and Sabres tickets and now the Christmas gifts and stuff.

LtFinFan66
12-15-2006, 01:08 AM
go to bed Mikey

Michael82
12-15-2006, 01:56 AM
go to bed Mikey
:no:

LtFinFan66
12-15-2006, 02:56 AM
ok

jamze132
12-15-2006, 04:54 AM
I don't think anyone can label us as "fair-weather fans". Hell we pray it snows each freaking home game!

The reason we aren't selling out IMO, I think it is a little bit of rebellion from the faithful fans who have threw their paychecks into the team throughout the disapointing Donahoe era. I am sure next season, we will go into the season with 100% more certainity than this year. Going into this season there was no hope, however next year there is a lot more room for optimism.

No one should be in the NFL should be questioning our loyalty.

GO BILLS!

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 08:12 AM
i am from rochester and find it hard to believe that there are still tickets for the game. i wont be able to go 70 miles to the game this sunday and was hoping to watch it on tv sunday..

way to help the cause. :rolleyes:

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Seriously the guy is an hour and 10 minutes away and he can't make the trip but he is *****ing about tickets not selling!

PISS POOR Saban Era, PISS POOR!!!

don137
12-15-2006, 08:38 AM
I can't help but laugh when fin fans start calling us fair weathered fans...One thing that helps sell out football games is also having fans of the opposition buy tickets. I love to know how many Bills fans buy tickets to the Bills-Fins game in Miami and how many Dolphin fans buy tickets for the game in Buffalo. Miami would never sell out if it wasn't for fans of the opposition buying the tickets in droves.
I also get sick of whiny fans complaining they can't watch the game on TV and then throw in the "I can't make it to the game excuse". Look in the mirror as to why the game doesn't sell out.

BillsNick
12-15-2006, 09:15 AM
I am not here to start any kind of crap

Yeah. So..... what exactly did you come here to do?

Your post is a stupid ****ing A-hole. :loser:

Gunzlingr
12-15-2006, 09:49 AM
1/3? I doubt it. If it's anywhere close it's only because of sad sack upstaters like you with no identity who has to pretend that he's a fan of a team that's 1500 miles away.

I am a Bills fan and live farther than that :couch: and I have never even been to Buffalo :couch:

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Gunz you need to make it happen one of these years!

SABuffalo786
12-15-2006, 09:51 AM
I am a Bills fan and live farther than that :couch: and I have never even been to Buffalo :couch:

COMPLETELY differenet story. :;

Gunzlingr
12-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Gunz you need to make it happen one of these years!

Will you float me a low interest loan, Thurm?

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM

Why are they fair weathered? They have paid their hard earned money for years, some even decades and they are tired of paying to see **** with money so tight.

Some actually have lives and try to get their priorities in correct order.

jmb1099
12-15-2006, 08:12 PM
yeah i have been to miami, but guess what, even if fans from other teams are there, they still sell the stadium right? and i went to the game when the bills played green bay, at least 1/3 of the stadium was green and gold. i dont wanna hear your **** and i bet at least that is gonna be the same for miami fans this weekend...so wheres your arugment back?
We don't want to hear your **** either...either donate or go away

Dozerdog
12-15-2006, 08:17 PM
:rofl:

Let me get this straight-

Fin fan complains we didn't sell out the game
Fin fan is to lazy to buy a ticket
Fin fan is complaining game is blacked out.

WTF? Get off your fat fish ass and buy a ticket. If YOU are to lazy to go, why complain our locals aren't buying tickets?