PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's after 1 pm....

OpIv37
12-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Is the blackout official, or did some corporate benefactor sweep in at the last second and save the fans, like some rich old dude saving the orphanage at the zero hour in some hokey basic cable Christmas special?

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 12:09 PM
not sure.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2006, 12:09 PM
No word yet.......

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Online, it says there are tickets available.

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2006, 12:26 PM
It is unofficially blacked out! Expect it to be announced soon.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 12:40 PM
It is unofficially blacked out! Expect it to be announced soon.
wow...we don't even get the last minute buyouts like we used to? That's really sad. :( :ill:

Michael82
12-15-2006, 12:48 PM
Where did all the local companies go? :ill:

Wednesday November 23, 2005

Toyota Buys Tickets: Buffalo area Toyota dealerships bought the remaining tickets to Sunday's game assuring it would be a sellout, lifting the TV blackout in Western New York. There were approximately 1,600 tickets left as of yesterday. Toyota is the official car sponsor of the Bills.

Friday December 10, 2004

Game Soldout: The blackout has been lifted as the game Sunday is now officially sold out. The Bills got a day extension from the league and area McDonald's restaurants stepped up and bought the remaining tickets. Those tickets will be distributed to people serving in the military and the families of people serving abroad. The Niagara Falls Air Force Base will take care of distributing the tickets.

Thursday December 4, 2003

Blackout Lifted Thanks To Owner: The local blackout for Sunday's game against the Jets has been lifted and is officially a sell out. Their were over 3,000 tickets remaining at the deadline and the generosity of Owner Ralph Wilson saved the first blackout of the season. The classy owner bought the remaining tickets and donated them to local boys and girls clubs.

RockStar36
12-15-2006, 12:50 PM
I was hoping a local company would save the day. Screwed again.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Look at the numbers MIkey.

5,000 were left this time......

Michael82
12-15-2006, 12:52 PM

For this one....

Friday December 10, 2004

Game Soldout: The blackout has been lifted as the game Sunday is now officially sold out. The Bills got a day extension from the league and area McDonald's restaurants stepped up and bought the remaining tickets. Those tickets will be distributed to people serving in the military and the families of people serving abroad. The Niagara Falls Air Force Base will take care of distributing the tickets.

There were 5,000 left on Thursday when they gave the extension.

Wraith
I'm not sure what "unofficially blacked out" means but there has been no word (positive OR negative) regarding the black out from the Bills or local affiliates, so I wouldn't get worked up just yet.

Michael82
I'm not sure what "unofficially blacked out" means but there has been no word (positive OR negative) regarding the black out from the Bills or local affiliates, so I wouldn't get worked up just yet.
That usually is a bad sign. :ill:

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Tops couldn't buy any tickets this year because they bought Sabres jerseys.

Ralph couldn't buy the rest up because he got a mini pack and WNY is poor.

"We can build a $600 million stadium across the street and it wouldn't make any difference because Western New York, and you all know it, is a poor area," he said. "We have no pricing power. So we wouldn't have any more pricing power in a new stadium than we do in the stadium that we have here now. And it's a very good stadium."

Ralph is right. The stadium is great. So great, in fact, that renovations need to be made ever year.

I know this area is poor. That is why I could only afford end zone seats and not 50 yard line. I also know this area is poor because I live in a hut with no toiletries. Also, I eat rice every day and haven't showered in months.

Wraith
12-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Umm, no it's not (a bad sign). Both of the previous black outs this year were announced within a few minutes of 1:00 PM. The fact that a whole hour has gone by with no word at least suggests things are still in motion...

Dr. Lecter
Having seen freeman at the last two home games, I can confirm the not showering part.

OpIv37

the worst part about this- there were 5000 left on Wednesday. I can't believe that the fans didn't step up and buy at least a few of those, especially when faced with another blackout.

It's the fish, we're playing to get back to 500, and we still technically have an outside shot at the playoffs. And the weather isn't even going to be bad, by Buffalo standards anyway.

RockStar36

I would assume that if it sold out they would announce it right away. I would also assume that if you can still buy tickets online after the deadline, it didn't sell out.

RedEyE
12-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Maybe some company is trying to work out the details and they required a little more time.

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Having seen freeman at the last two home games, I can confirm the not showering part.

hey, i'm just trying to fit into this dying, poor, down trodden area.

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 12:59 PM
the worst part about this- there were 5000 left on Wednesday. I can't believe that the fans didn't step up and buy at least a few of those, especially when faced with another blackout.

It's the fish, we're playing to get back to 500, and we still technically have an outside shot at the playoffs. And the weather isn't even going to be bad, by Buffalo standards anyway.

1) the rivalry is dead. Our rival is NE now.

2) Ralph needs to put a winning team on the field.

3) WNY can't afford the tickets anymore.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 12:59 PM

:sigh:

OpIv37
12-15-2006, 01:02 PM

1) Some rivalies never die and this is one of them.

2) True, although if we win this game we won't be a losing team.

3) If you're right about this, we're officially ****ed. Buffalo already has the cheapest tickets in the NFL.

RedEyE
12-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Maybe Golsiano is going to buy them?

OpIv37
12-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Maybe Golsiano is going to buy them?

the Bills or the tickets?

Please say "Both".

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 01:06 PM
1) Some rivalies never die and this is one of them.

2) True, although if we win this game we won't be a losing team.

3) If you're right about this, we're officially ****ed. Buffalo already has the cheapest tickets in the NFL.

And see some over sensitive whiners think I am bashing Buffalo and I'm not. I am just pissed that such really good people keep electing ****ing morons that keep screwing them over.

MILES of lakeside property to be bought and renovated by large companys if they cut them some incentives. That means more jobs at a higher rate of pay, which means....well you get all the economical positive impact. But they and ralph say its the nfl,s job to help them because the region is so crappy. The NFL says no way and rightfully so.

FACT, you have to start paying x amount to have an NFL team these days. If your local economy can't support it, then it leaves. Nothing is ever going to change that.

Gunzlingr
12-15-2006, 01:06 PM
I bet a group of investors from Tulsa is going to buy the team.

OpIv37
12-15-2006, 01:09 PM
And see some over sensitive whiners think I am bashing Buffalo and I'm not. I am just pissed that such really good people keep electing ****ing morons that keep screwing them over.

MILES of lakeside property to be bought and renovated by large companys if they cut them some incentives. That means more jobs at a higher rate of pay, which means....well you get all the economical positive impact. But they and ralph say its the nfl,s job to help them because the region is so crappy. The NFL says no way and rightfully so.

FACT, you have to start paying x amount to have an NFL team these days. If your local economy can't support it, then it leaves. Nothing is ever going to change that.

it's more than just the local politicians, although that's part of the problem. WNY (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse- in fact, most of the state outside of NYC) pays far more in state taxes then what they receive in state services because NYC is such a tax drain on the entire state.

It'll never happen, but I'd love to see the rest of NYS say "go **** yourselves" and turn NYC into a completely separate entity like DC.

bigbub2352
12-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Ice u r right, the politicians are the real problem in the region, constant tax raises, constant pay raises for them, no growth and no devlopment
and having the stadium not downtown, also having terrible uniforms, cant help nationwide sales, and the product on the feild for a better part of a decade all only hurts the fans....

Also with the Sabres success why spend hard earned money on bills tickets, when they have been losing maybe not since the bye week but overall, the Sabres sucess actually hurts ticket sales especially when the Sabres product is so superior right now, also it is xmas time and when u got a team probably not gonna make the playoffs and in rebuilding u spend your money on gifts not tickets, thank the NFL for givin us so many home games not in primetime after thanksgiving

OpIv37
12-15-2006, 01:15 PM
also having terrible uniforms, cant help nationwide sales

well, now that depends- the Sabres slug uniform is on a two-month backorder. If you win, people will buy your stuff, no matter how ugly it is.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 01:15 PM
It'll never happen, but I'd love to see the rest of NYS say "go **** yourselves" and turn NYC into a completely separate entity like DC.

That would be the best thing Western and Upstate NY could ever do. :pray:

Michael82
12-15-2006, 01:16 PM
well, now that depends- the Sabres slug uniform is on a two-month backorder. If you win, people will buy your stuff, no matter how ugly it is.
Good point. If the Sabres sucked, the slug wouldn't even be in the top 15 in sales.

justasportsfan
12-15-2006, 01:19 PM
the problem is you so being so repetitive about acting like you know better than everyone and yet have nothing to show for it.

bigbub2352
12-15-2006, 01:28 PM
i agree 100% about winning and uniforms, i just dont like them lol, anyways i think we should go to the old throwbacks they were now they are better then what we got

OpIv37
12-15-2006, 01:35 PM
i agree 100% about winning and uniforms, i just dont like them lol, anyways i think we should go to the old throwbacks they were now they are better then what we got

throwbacks with Stripey on the white helmet :up:

http://www.instantreplaysportcard.com/items/helmets/'76-83%20bills.jpg

Forward_Lateral
12-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Is the game blacked out, or not?

OpIv37
12-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Is the game blacked out, or not?

well, that was the point of this thread- apparently no one knows. I was hoping someone local would have heard something on WGR or another local station, but it seems as though there hasn't been an official announcement yet.

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 01:40 PM
the problem is you so being so repetitive about acting like you know better than everyone and yet have nothing to show for it.so you are stating it isn't fact? Then why haven't 5K in tickets still sold? Why is ralph *****ing left and right. Why can't he charge normal or average NFL Ticket prices...

I can go on but the FACT is I am right on this subject. What you guys hate is I really dont' care. Its an NFL team that I have spent a ton of time and money on just like everyone else around, but I am not going to freak if they move...I actually have a life and the Bills are just a part of it.

Historian
12-15-2006, 01:50 PM
http://www.instantreplaysportcard.com/items/helmets/'76-83%20bills.jpg

God that's beautiful...isn't it?

justasportsfan
12-15-2006, 01:55 PM
...I actually have a life and the Bills are just a part of it.
So do we but this is a bills MB ,helloo!!!

Saratoga Slim
12-15-2006, 01:56 PM

1). Dead for who? There seems to be a pretty good fan rivalry still. Look at all the fin fans that have showed up here this week. You don't see as much of that before Pats games. It's not the same as it was 10 years ago, but only because we haven't really been competing with the Fins for AFC East dominance. I don't know about most people, but I dislike the Patriots b/c they're good and they usually beat us, not out of an inherent rivalry. Whereas I dislike the Dolphins simply because they're the f-in Dolphins.

2). We're getting there. I think it's going to be a good offseason. But you're right, EVERYONE is sick of losing.

3). Yes they can. At the beginning of the season we sold out the games. People can afford to go, they're just not going because the team is not exciting the fan base outside of us diehards. I guarantee you if we were 9-4, you couldn't buy a ticket today.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 01:57 PM
God that's beautiful...isn't it?
yeah it is. And it is a compromise. The standing buffalo bothers me because it looks like it is looking for a place to die. Stripey rocks, especially on the white helmet. :clap:

mybills
12-15-2006, 02:00 PM
A place to die? :rofl:
He's just looking for the perfect target to charge! :up:

Historian
12-15-2006, 02:08 PM
A place to die? :rofl:
He's just looking for the perfect target to charge! :up:

Exactly!

BlackMetalNinja
12-15-2006, 02:10 PM
No such luck, 2 people already posted it's blacked out, plus I could still order tickets as of 2 mintues ago...

raphael120
12-15-2006, 02:23 PM
i just need to say this...the NFL is a money hungry microsoft corportation and it ****in sucks. the bills are the mom and pop shop that everyone loves but is gettin boned by the walmarts poppin up.