PDA

View Full Version : Blacked out

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:09 PM
as per WGR

BlackMetalNinja
12-15-2006, 02:09 PM
yeah, I can still get tickets on the bills site as of right now, which was a pretty clear indication that they didn't sell out...

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:10 PM
:ill:

pathetic

BlackMetalNinja
12-15-2006, 02:11 PM

pathetic

agreed...

If there were only one game I could go to a year, this was always the one! Bills fans are so damn fickle, speaking in general terms of course.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:11 PM
****ing pathetic! Nice job, local Bills fans. :bf1:

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:13 PM
i hope we make the ****ing playoffs so we can watch all these losers come crawling back.

RockStar36
12-15-2006, 02:13 PM
It's official - from the Bills

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:14 PM
i hope we make the ****ing playoffs so we can watch all these losers come crawling back.
They won't. They are done with the Bills for this year. **** them! We don't need those fairweather fans. :shakeno:

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:14 PM
if we weren't getting picked on nationally, we will now.

LtBillsFan66
12-15-2006, 02:15 PM
This isn't a criticism of the people of Buffalo and you die hards, but I was always sick of hearing about how Bills fans are the most passionate, best fans, etc. I always thought it was a bunch of bs.

BillsNick
This sucks :sadwalk:

Michael82
It's official - from the Bills
So we are going to end the season with our last 4 games blacked out? That's just great! Especially with the shaky condition this team is in for staying in Buffalo. I'm sure the NFL will use this against us about how we can't even support our teams no matter how cheap the tickets are.

Bill Brasky
They won't. They are done with the Bills for this year. **** them! We don't need those fairweather fans. :shakeno:

Whatever. I'm there. I don't care if everybody else sucks at life. Their loss, all the games this year have been fun as hell, sans New England.

BillsNick
12-15-2006, 02:16 PM
I was always sick of hearing about how Bills fans are the most passionate, best fans, etc. I always thought it was a bunch of bs.

I thought that we were. Until now. :cynic:

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:17 PM
This isn't a criticism of the people of Buffalo and you die hards, but I was always sick of hearing about how Bills fans are the most passionate, best fans, etc. I always thought it was a bunch of bs.

The diehards are some of the best... all these bandwagon jumpers just officially soiled our fanbase. This is a catastrophe... the NFL will use this against us.

Not good at all.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:18 PM
I guess everybody is wrong, our fans are just as fairweathered as all the other teams. When we start losing, the fans stop caring and even when they get hot, the fans stay away. That's really pathetic. :mad:

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:19 PM
The diehards are some of the best... all these bandwagon jumpers just officially soiled our fanbase. This is a catastrophe... the NFL will use this against us.

Not good at all.
Prepare to lose one of our home games next year to Toronto or Mexico. :ill:

The NFL will say that we were the only team that couldn't sell out and we couldn't even get local companies to help buy the remaining tickets. Again, ****ing pathetic. :mad:

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:19 PM
We should have seen it coming though... this team has sucked for years and it's gonna take a winning season and a playoff spot to bring people back.

Until Ralph stops being cheap on the payroll the stands will continue to sit dormant.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:20 PM
By the way, this is the first time that a Bills/Dolphins game hasn't sold out in Buffalo since 1987. :(

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:20 PM
We should have seen it coming though... this team has sucked for years and it's gonna take a winning season and a playoff spot to bring people back.

Until Ralph stops being cheap on the payroll the stands will continue to sit dormant.
maybe these last 4 games will make Ralph open up his checkbook and start doing things to convince the bandwagoners to come back. :pray:

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:21 PM
This will get national attention. This is still widely considered our rivalry game.

Prepare for a national embarassment.

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
maybe these last 4 games will make Ralph open up his checkbook and start doing things to convince the bandwagoners to come back. :pray:

"Western New York is a poor area"

Not true. I'd easily pay twice as much as I'm paying now...

Ralph might be a good "businessman", but he is a piss poor marketer.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:23 PM
This will get national attention. This is still widely considered our rivalry game.

Agreed. It will be all over ESPN and I'm sure the morons at NFL Network will be talking about it. Don't forget the radio stations. Pathetic! I'm ashamed of my fellow Western NYers. The fact that they couldn't get corporations to buy the tickets just makes this even worse. It means that there aren't big enough corporations nearby to buy this team when Ralph is ready to sell and it also means that there was most likely still 4-5,000 tickets left today. :ill:

LtBillsFan66
12-15-2006, 02:24 PM
What I don't understand is that this is a great game to go to. Granted our playoff chances are slim to none, but the Bills have been improving, they are going against a rival (who has also been improving). The weather is supposed to be nice. It should be a great game to go to.

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:25 PM
I've been patient with this rebuilding crap but Ralph needs to pony up.

New Orleans is dying a slow death, half their city has moved away, yet they sold out their games by rebuilding a landmark stadium and bringing in big name talent.

If Ralph did the same, people here would have a hard time getting a ticket.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2006, 02:26 PM

Yeah! Open up the checkbook like Dan Snyder has!

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
What I don't understand is that this is a great game to go to. Granted our playoff chances are slim to none, but the Bills have been improving, they are going against a rival (who has also been improving). The weather is supposed to be nice. It should be a great game to go to.
That's what bothers me the most. It basically means that a bunch of local fans have turned off the Bills. :ill:

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Yeah! Open up the checkbook like Dan Snyder has!
no, open up the checkbook and fix the lines. :up:

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:31 PM

Hmmm, that might have worked.... 7 years ago.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Hmmm, that might have worked.... 7 years ago.
so basically, now that it's been soo long since they've been good and a bunch of local fans have stopped paying attention to the team, we need to sign a big name player, don't we? Who would that be? I want Drew Bennett and some OL help and of course a big fat DT for the middle of the defense. That's about it.

hammerbillsfan
12-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Why do the people going to the game care about the game being blackout?

I didn't buy a ticket just so some lazyass at home can watch the game. :shakeno:

:gobills:

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:40 PM
All I'm saying is that there have been several of us, you and I included, up in arms that this hasn't been priorty #1 for the better part of a decade.

It's like building a nice fancy house and watching it sink into oblivion because you're too cheap to fix the foundation.

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:41 PM

I didn't buy a ticket just so some lazyass at home can watch the game. :shakeno:

Because nationally it puts a black eye on our fanbase.

hammerbillsfan
12-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Because nationally it puts a black eye on our fanbase.

When has "the nation" care about the Bills in the last 10 years?

raphael120
12-15-2006, 02:47 PM

you guys crack me up. like bills fans dont know national embarrassment.

-4 super bowl losses in a row

-firing wade and company

-hiring donahoe

-hiring gregg williams

-hiring mularkey

-hiring marv and having the oldest GM/Owner in the league

-Ralph's going up against the big wigs to be looked upon as a bumbling fool

-having the longest postseason drought next to the texans.

dont give me this bull, like this is anything new. come on people.
like you couldnt forsee these things happening.

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:49 PM
you guys crack me up. like bills fans dont know national embarrassment.

-4 super bowl losses in a row

-firing wade and company

-hiring donahoe

-hiring gregg williams

-hiring mularkey

-hiring marv and having the oldest GM/Owner in the league

-Ralph's going up against the big wigs to be looked upon as a bumbling fool

-having the longest postseason drought next to the texans.

dont give me this bull, like this is anything new. come on people.
like you couldnt forsee these things happening.

yeah, the team, not the fans. read what's posted.

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:50 PM
When has "the nation" care about the Bills in the last 10 years?

only when there's negative press.

hammerbillsfan
12-15-2006, 02:53 PM
only when there's negative press.

Look for this on the front page of USA Today tomorrow:
Bills do not ****ing sellout again!

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 02:55 PM
****ing pathetic! Nice job, local Bills fans. :bf1:

And especially the Rochester Ass holes that refuse to drive the extra 15 mins

raphael120
12-15-2006, 02:58 PM
the team and the fans knowing embarrasment is one in the same, what the hell are you talking about?

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:58 PM
:rofl:

Historian
12-15-2006, 03:02 PM

Exactly, Mr. Hammer!

I could care less about those people.

I'll be attending my 31st Fish squishing on Sunday....and I'm going to have a good time.

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 03:03 PM
Exactly, Mr. Hammer!

I could care less about those people.

I'll be attending my 31st Fish squishing on Sunday....and I'm going to have a good time.

:up:

Michael82
12-16-2006, 12:20 AM
And especially the Rochester Ass holes that refuse to drive the extra 15 mins
exactly. but it's even worse for the lazy, pathetic fans that are within walking distance or short driving distance from the stadium. :rolleyes:

gr8slayer
12-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Dammit people come on! Go to the freaking game. Take advantage of the fact that you even live in the same state, I would be at every freaking game no matter how bad we are, no matter how bad the weather is etc........... START GOING TO GAMES!!!

patmoran2006
12-16-2006, 09:40 AM
IM really at a lose for words.. THis makes us look real bad on a national level.

The_Philster
12-16-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm gonna start calling you ICE Jr if you don't start thinking before you post. Ralph doesn't control the signings and we have a salary cap the team has to fit under

:gobills:Personally, I like to have a copy of the game to go over again if I want to. As far as the fairweather fans who don't go to the game...F them

gr8slayer
12-16-2006, 10:34 AM
IM really at a lose for words.. THis makes us look real bad on a national level.
THis is terrible. I am always bragging to everyone in Dallas about what great fans we have. When I'm at a Cowboys game and the fans are leaving early because they are losing I say "we wouldn't do that in Buffalo." Hell now we cant even get the fans to the game to leave early.

RockStar36
12-16-2006, 11:30 AM
THis is terrible. I am always bragging to everyone in Dallas about what great fans we have. When I'm at a Cowboys game and the fans are leaving early because they are losing I say "we wouldn't do that in Buffalo." Hell now we cant even get the fans to the game to leave early.

You should visit the Ralph more often. People bolt for the gates early ALL the time. I was at the Jets opener and I had a good two rows to myself to see JP score and the Bills get the onside because everyone already took off.

Typ0
12-17-2006, 11:10 AM
The bills and the NFL need to earn our business. Screw you jerks who are cursing the people who don't go to the game. You are actually the problem and you don't even realize it.