PDA

View Full Version : Its funny everyone is so pissed about the blackout.

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Honestly, what did you expect?

I and many others said this would happen this offseason. Last year Ralph damn near lost a ton of the fanbase. Only by firing TD and hiring marv did he salvage them. But we predicted, the day has come when fans are going to stop paying their hard earned money to go see a ****ty product.

It is PAST TIME for Ralph to cut the **** and field a winner. Its going to take him DRASTICALLY out bidding other teams and overpaying to get top talent here. If he can't come up with 50-60 mill in SB money we can forget about it and he can forget about filling up his stadium.

At some point fans have to say 'look...being called a diehard fan by some other guys is one thing. but with money as tough as it is (esp in WNY) I have to get my priorities straight'. Seems many are doing that.

'But ICE The buffalo bills should be a priority, we should do all we can to keep them here'. Ok, **** can your polititians that have kept you taxed to death. Get more companies to come in that will pay better wages to local workers.

Get new polititians to drop the rediculous taxes in Erie county etal. Then find a new owner more up to speed with the way the new NFL works and has deep enough pocket so pay what is needed to field a WINNER and is not only willing to play the bigtime owners game but BEAT THEM AT IT!!! ONLY THEN are you going to see the Bills stay in Buffalo.

Here is the ICE COLD harsh reality of the situation, The economy must change drastically, and a new owner found. If not, they are gone.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Spending big does not equal a winner.

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 02:28 PM

And we have found that NOT spending doesn't either, and again, ralph can meet the base cap with TV money. Its the money OUT OF HIS POCKET for signing bonuses that makes the difference.

Bill Brasky
12-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why, if Tulsa is such a great vibrant town, you aren't out on the town instead of spending most of your time posting the same rehashed arguments over and over and over and over and over....

gil
12-15-2006, 02:32 PM
The economy of the area, plus southern Ontario can support a team.

When they become a playoff contender again (please god let it be soon), they will sell out the games by the blackout deadline.

All things considered, selling close to 70K tickets to see a team that, while hopefully on the upswing, hasn't been good for a while, is a pretty decent accomplishment.

Gunzlingr
12-15-2006, 02:34 PM

Ask Dan Snyder.

Bill Brasky
I'm not concerned about the team, 68,000 seats is well above average... I'm fumed that everybody seems to have jumped ship. And it's because of this that it paints a bad picture that isn't a reality, as much as ICE tries to draw it up that way.

Michael82
Bull****! This team is on the rise. They have won 3 out of the last 4 and are 4-2 after the bye week. They seem to be putting it all together and are actually exciting to watch, especially the offense lately. They are playing against one of the most hated Rivals or used to be the most hated rival at home and the weather is going to be nice outside. There's no ****ing reason for this game to be blacked out. It's pathetic! :ill: :puke:

:fit:

eyedog
12-15-2006, 02:35 PM
I know you are against Clements but there is the start. They have the money so put it up for the real players.

justasportsfan
12-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Like I said. Repetitive.

MikeInRoch
12-15-2006, 02:36 PM
ALL money spent on players, signing bonus or no, counts against the cap. The Bills have never been significantly below the cap in any season. So I'm having trouble understanding how you want Ralph to "DRASTICALLY outbid" other teams.

Gunzlingr
12-15-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why, if Tulsa is such a great vibrant town, you aren't out on the town instead of spending most of your time posting the same rehashed arguments over and over and over and over and over....

Don't be knocking Tulsa, it's the Paris of the new world!

Romes
12-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Bull****! This team is on the rise. They have won 3 out of the last 4 and are 4-2 after the bye week. They seem to be putting it all together and are actually exciting to watch, especially the offense lately. They are playing against one of the most hated Rivals or used to be the most hated rival at home and the weather is going to be nice outside. There's no ****ing reason for this game to be blacked out. It's pathetic! :ill: :puke:

I agree with you, but a casual fan sees 6-7 and no playoffs in 5 years.

That said, Dolphins games should always sell out, no matter the circumstances.

BillsNick
12-15-2006, 02:41 PM

:bf1:

We may be in the playoffs as soon as next season.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
:bf1:

We may be in the playoffs as soon as next season.
And if I see any of those jackasses that are *****ing because they can't see the game on TV, I will personally rip their ****ing heads off. They're the reason why the game is blacked out. :mad:

eyedog
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Late 80's. They need some parts but they are going forward.

Michael82
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I agree with you, but a casual fan sees 6-7 and no playoffs in 5 years.

That said, Dolphins games should always sell out, no matter the circumstances.
First time since 1987 that a Dolphins game hasn't sold out. Pathetic! Nice job, you piece of ****, fairweather Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse Bills fans. :rolleyes:

:mad: :curse:

BillsNick
12-15-2006, 02:47 PM
It is truly a sad day in Bills history. :sadwalk:

dplus47
12-15-2006, 02:48 PM

the rivalry game is the key point. i would understand if it were an NFC team or somebody like jacksonville, but how can a miami-buffalo game be blacked out? even if both teams were horrible (which they're not, btw)?

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 02:49 PM
Like I said. Repetitive.Like I said, Fact

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Don't be knocking Tulsa, it's the Paris of the new world!No its just where people go to get the hell outta Buffalo though.

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 02:51 PM
ALL money spent on players, signing bonus or no, counts against the cap. The Bills have never been significantly below the cap in any season. So I'm having trouble understanding how you want Ralph to "DRASTICALLY outbid" other teams.
For better talent. Again for the really slow....EVERY team can spend against the CAP because that money is covered by the TV contract. Owners must spend out of their own pockets for SB money which attracts better athletes.

TD MIS SPENT a ton cap room over his tenure here. Marv better do better and Ralph better be willing to pay up out of his own pocket.

come on ralph, you can't take it with you

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 02:53 PM
First time since 1987 that a Dolphins game hasn't sold out. Pathetic! Nice job, you piece of ****, fairweather Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse Bills fans. :rolleyes:

Jesus christ GROW UP! Its just a game and just a pro team that doesn't give one rats ass about you. It does NOTHING to feed your family, pay your bills, keep you in good health, increase your education or anything THAT MATTERS.

It seems some in Buffalo HAVE grown up and refuse to spend money to see ****. They have greater priorites in life and Kudos to them.

justasportsfan
12-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Like I said, Fact
you're not the only one who saw it coming so don't act like you're better than everyon else.

Historian
12-15-2006, 02:55 PM

I agree.

I would much rather develop my own as opposed to buying someone else's junk.

eyedog
12-15-2006, 02:56 PM
So, if they can spend against the cap, why wouldn't they sign a #1 corner ?

Saratoga Slim
12-15-2006, 03:08 PM
Jesus christ GROW UP! Its just a game and just a pro team that doesn't give one rats ass about you. It does NOTHING to feed your family, pay your bills, keep you in good health, increase your education or anything THAT MATTERS.

It seems some in Buffalo HAVE grown up and refuse to spend money to see ****. They have greater priorites in life and Kudos to them.

Dude, I agree with a lot of your theories, but since February 2005 you've put 10,203 Bills-related posts on this website. That's a lot of Bills-related action to be telling someone else to grow up for investing too much emotional energy on a pro football team.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Dude, I agree with a lot of your theories, but since February 2005 you've put 10,203 Bills-related posts on this website. That's a lot of Bills-related action to be telling someone else to grow up for investing too much emotional energy on a pro football team.
ICE JUST GOT SERVED!!! :jam:

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Dude, I agree with a lot of your theories, but since February 2005 you've put 10,203 Bills-related posts on this website. That's a lot of Bills-related action to be telling someone else to grow up for investing too much emotional energy on a pro football team. Not really Just talking football or trying to if some are willing.

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 03:11 PM
ICE JUST GOT SERVED!!! :jam:Served? What are you 10?

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Served? What are you 10?
No 29 why?

ICE74129
12-15-2006, 03:13 PM
No 29 why? Well only kids from about 10-15 say 'owned' or 'served'.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Well only kids from about 10-15 say 'owned' or 'served'.
Oh sorry :(

Historian
12-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Actually, 10-15 year olds say 'pwned', I think.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Actually, 10-15 year olds say 'pwned', I think.
Bingo! As in Thurm just pwned ICE.

justasportsfan
12-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Dude, I agree with a lot of your theories, but since February 2005 you've put 10,203 Bills-related posts on this website. That's a lot of Bills-related action to be telling someone else to grow up for investing too much emotional energy on a pro football team.Considering he already got banned here. if I got banned I wouldn't go back.

PS MODS, don't get any ideas.

I wonder how many posts he has on a panthers mb since he's also a fan.

BillsNick
12-15-2006, 03:31 PM
Bingo! As in Thurm just pwned ICE.

THURM, you pawned your diamond earings?

MikeInRoch
12-15-2006, 03:45 PM
For better talent. Again for the really slow....EVERY team can spend against the CAP because that money is covered by the TV contract. Owners must spend out of their own pockets for SB money which attracts better athletes.

TD MIS SPENT a ton cap room over his tenure here. Marv better do better and Ralph better be willing to pay up out of his own pocket.

come on ralph, you can't take it with you

You know, often I agree with a lot of your opinions here - but in this case you have no idea what you are talking about.

ALL MONEY that is given to players, INCLUDING signing bonuses, counts against the cap. Since Buffalo every year is very close to the cap, they are NOT ALLOWED to spend any more.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I like ICE. He is just too rambuntious some times!

Saratoga Slim
12-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Not really Just talking football or trying to if some are willing.

That's what we're all here for, FOOTBALL BABY FOOTBALL!!! F*** paying the bills and mowing the lawn, if football ain't the priority, I don't know what is. If I can't see it on the tube, I'll listen on the radio and if it weren't for The Man, I'd drive the 5 hours to the game on sunday.

BillsNick
12-15-2006, 03:57 PM
That's what we're all here for, FOOTBALL BABY FOOTBALL!!! F*** paying the bills and mowing the lawn, if football ain't the priority, I don't know what is. If I can't see it on the tube, I'll listen on the radio and if it weren't for The Man, I'd drive the 5 hours to the game on sunday.

PRAISE THE LOAD! SING IT BROTHA, SING IT!

Saratoga Slim
12-15-2006, 03:59 PM
I like ICE. He is just too rambuntious some times!

I have no problem with Ice either. He puts up some BS from time to time, but don't we all.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Well he totally licks Tulsa's balls. That is my major problem!

Devin
12-15-2006, 05:12 PM
I dont think the Bills are gonna be to heavy of a hitter in FA. I think Marv/Dick are developing within (hence all the rookie action). A solid draft this year along with a few signings/re-signings maybe all we see.

Which I am not entirley opposed to. Id like to see Clements get extended although I dont think that will happen so if they are able to get Fletch signed id be ok with it.

PECKERWOOD
12-15-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm not concerned about the team, 68,000 seats is well above average... I'm fumed that everybody seems to have jumped ship. And it's because of this that it paints a bad picture that isn't a reality, as much as ICE tries to draw it up that way.

Having more seats in the RWS helps make up for the low ticket price.. That's the problem.

Dozerdog
12-15-2006, 05:50 PM

It's quite simple, really. Ice doesn't know **** about football.

If there is any difference between us and say, the Redskins- Wilson and the Bills don't "binge and purge" - basically hand out massive signing bonuses - borrow heavilly vs future caps, then dump everyone after a 2-3 year cycle.

Wilson also doesn't go crazy signig coaches like Steve Spurrier, Bill Parcells, or oe Gibbs to $15-$20 million dollar deals.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2006, 07:53 PM
And we have found that NOT spending doesn't either, and again, ralph can meet the base cap with TV money. Its the money OUT OF HIS POCKET for signing bonuses that makes the difference.

You know, I have listed this stuff before, but will do so again. Now, you will ignore it, but that is your perspective.

Lawyer Milloy
Takeo Spikes
Sam Adams
Mike Williams
London Fletcher
Jeff Posey
Robert Royal
Eric Moulds
Aaron Schobel
Drew Bledsoe

Are all players inrecent years that have signed contracts with decent sized bonuses. True, they have not all worked out but they all have signed deals (or re-structured) with big bonus clauses.

Bling
12-15-2006, 10:10 PM
You know, I have listed this stuff before, but will do so again. Now, you will ignore it, but that is your perspective.

Lawyer Milloy
Takeo Spikes
Sam Adams
Mike Williams
London Fletcher
Jeff Posey
Robert Royal
Eric Moulds
Aaron Schobel
Drew Bledsoe

Are all players inrecent years that have signed contracts with decent sized bonuses. True, they have not all worked out but they all have signed deals (or re-structured) with big bonus clauses.

That's probably why you guys don't spend. Except for Fletcher and Schobel, who's producing?

Bulldog
12-15-2006, 10:40 PM
That's probably why you guys don't spend. Except for Fletcher and Schobel, who's producing?

I just wish some of these players could produce as well as Culpepper has for the Dolphins. Miami is no better, so save the speech for someone else. It would appear that Saban isn't the savior that you all thought he was. Or should I say y'all.

Dr. Lecter
12-15-2006, 10:56 PM

The point was two fold, half of which you stumbled across like a blind squirrel finding an acorn

1. Spending wildly is not the answer.
2. Ralph HAS spent money. Not all of it well, but he is willing to spend.

Michael82
12-16-2006, 12:39 AM
No its just where people go to get the hell outta Buffalo though.
:lmao: That's the first time I have heard of people wanting to go to Tulsa when they leave Buffalo or Western NY. That's total bull****! No one usually says, gee I'm sick of this crappy western NY, let's move to Tulsa! :shakeno:

They all go to Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina or Florida. Who the hell wants to go to Tulsa? :rofl:

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 01:07 AM
:lmao: That's the first time I have heard of people wanting to go to Tulsa when they leave Buffalo or Western NY. That's total bull****! No one usually says, gee I'm sick of this crappy western NY, let's move to Tulsa! :shakeno:

They all go to Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina or Florida. Who the hell wants to go to Tulsa? :rofl:

Georgia too, alot of us are down here...Southeast corner (SC, NC, GA) seem to be a hot spot.

Now onto the thread's topic;

I think Ice is right in thinking its humurous to see the fans ***** about the blackout but completely disagree with his points.

I dont think its Ralph's lack of spending on SB money that has driven fans away, which Lecter nicely pointed out was a bad point at that.

I also disagree with Mikey's rant about WNY Bills fans being ashamed for blacking out the Bills-Phins "rivalry". I got news for alot of people out there, MIA-BUF hasnt been a rivalry since Kelly-Marino. Nobody cares, and most Phin fans I know dont care. Both teams care a hell of alot more about beting NE. There arent many, if any, true rivalries in Pro Football. You want rivalry go watch College Ball. Its not a part of the pro game.

CuseJetsFan83
12-16-2006, 01:28 AM

hey now hey now..... im gonna be at work, so my only method is TV.........

The_Philster
12-16-2006, 04:33 AM
Georgia too, alot of us are down here...Southeast corner (SC, NC, GA) seem to be a hot spot.

Now onto the thread's topic;

I think Ice is right in thinking its humurous to see the fans ***** about the blackout but completely disagree with his points.I don't see anything remotely funny about it :::

I also disagree with Mikey's rant about WNY Bills fans being ashamed for blacking out the Bills-Phins "rivalry". I got news for alot of people out there, MIA-BUF hasnt been a rivalry since Kelly-Marino. Nobody cares, Bull****. Maybe kids with no sense of history don't care, but there are plenty of us who do so to say nobody cares? You ain't been paying any attention on the Zone the past week

YardRat
12-16-2006, 08:05 AM
The bottom line is winning...plain and simple...and fans don't care if the team is built around high-dollar, big-name, FA signings or a roster full of home-growns.

Sabres tix are basically sold out for the entire year, and Golisano's never even come close to breaking the bank for big names.

As for the rivalry, I have to agree with DraftBoy...it really isn't one anymore, except to those of us who have been around long enough to actually witness the Kelly-Marino years, or the '70's, etc.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/12/15/gallery.oldrivals/content.10.html

Hell...Buffalo/Miami isn't even mentioned.

BillyT92679
12-16-2006, 08:28 AM
I'll be there!

DolfanTom
12-16-2006, 09:03 AM
Perhaps it's the timign of Christmas?

I don't know - doesnt' seem to make sense to me at all! I know the economy in WNY is down - but that alone can't explain this!

But it isn't all that bad. You still did sell - what like 75,000 tix. Maybe your stadium is just too big to realistically be sold out all the time! 75,000 is not bad against any standard.

RockStar36
12-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Perhaps it's the timign of Christmas?

I don't know - doesnt' seem to make sense to me at all! I know the economy in WNY is down - but that alone can't explain this!

But it isn't all that bad. You still did sell - what like 75,000 tix. Maybe your stadium is just too big to realistically be sold out all the time! 75,000 is not bad against any standard.

I think it's a combination of it being the holiday season and the amount of money people have tied up in Sabres tickets. Of course if you ask some people it's because people are pathetic fairweather fans.

Which, by the way, is complete bull****.

Bling
12-16-2006, 09:07 AM
I just think that Bills fans aren't as diehard as they like to think they are. They like to think they're hardcore like Packer fans or something, but they're fairweather just like Miami fans. It happens. There's ****ty fan for every franchise. Yours just are bailing right now.

DolfanTom
12-16-2006, 09:10 AM
I think it's a combination of it being the holiday season and the amount of money people have tied up in Sabres tickets. Of course if you ask some people it's because people are pathetic fairweather fans.

Which, by the way, is complete bull****.Maybe it's cause I'm not a huge hockey fan, but please explain this to me.

I know the Sabres are rockin' the NHL right now - and hockey is huge in WNY - but they play hockey till what - May! Football ends soon, and this is a decent game coming up tomorrow!

Are that many people so consumed w/ hockey that they can't find the time to attend this football game, knowing they have five-six months of hockey to enjoy still afterwards?

Priorities people!!!

Michael82
12-16-2006, 09:26 AM
hey now hey now..... im gonna be at work, so my only method is TV.........
well then, at least you jets fans get to enjoy your team play on TV. The Jets/Vikings game is the one that the local affiliates here are going to be showing. :ill:

Michael82
12-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Maybe it's cause I'm not a huge hockey fan, but please explain this to me.

I know the Sabres are rockin' the NHL right now - and hockey is huge in WNY - but they play hockey till what - May! Football ends soon, and this is a decent game coming up tomorrow!

Are that many people so consumed w/ hockey that they can't find the time to attend this football game, knowing they have five-six months of hockey to enjoy still afterwards?

Priorities people!!!
Good point. Before this year, if you asked many people in Western NY when the Sabres season begins, they would reply "The Sabres season begins when the Bills season ends." That hasn't been true for this year, because the Sabres were soo close to the Stanley Cup and they paid a lot of money to keep the team together and they are fun to watch, tons of people starting begging for the Sabres season to begin and watched the preseason, and started selling out the arena right in the beginning. So the season didn't begin after the Bills season, it began before. This means they the local fans chose to spend their hard earned money on Sabres tickets and tons of Sabres merchandise instead of the Bills and did it early instead of doing it in January like they used to. Therefore, by now they are tapped out for extra money and have Christmas stuff to buy too. so, the Bills don't sell out their final 4 games. :ill:

RockStar36
If it makes anyone feel any better I'm stuck with the Steelers/Panthers tomorrow unless I go to a bar.

Michael82
If it makes anyone feel any better I'm stuck with the Steelers/Panthers tomorrow unless I go to a bar.
:rofl: That'll be fun. Go Panthers! :pray:

RockStar36
12-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Good point. Before this year, if you asked many people in Western NY when the Sabres season begins, they would reply "The Sabres season begins when the Bills season ends." That hasn't been true for this year, because the Sabres were soo close to the Stanley Cup and they paid a lot of money to keep the team together and they are fun to watch, tons of people starting begging for the Sabres season to begin and watched the preseason, and started selling out the arena right in the beginning. So the season didn't begin after the Bills season, it began before. This means they the local fans chose to spend their hard earned money on Sabres tickets and tons of Sabres merchandise instead of the Bills and did it early instead of doing it in January like they used to. Therefore, by now they are tapped out for extra money and have Christmas stuff to buy too. so, the Bills don't sell out their final 4 games. :ill:

Exactly!

And in my opinion it isn't a matter of priorities at all. People want to spend their money watching a good team win games.

If it were me I'd have seasons to both, but the Bills would come first. There is no doubt in my mind about that. Unfortunately things happen to people where the last thing money can be spent on right now is a Bills game. That doesn't mean they aren't die hard fans. Not in my case anyways.

DolfanTom
12-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Thing is, though, you still have sold - what 75K tix? Your stadium is huge for a small market, and things like this can happen from time to time.

Maybe a newer - slightly smaller stadium is needed? A lotta work - sure, but it might be fair to the local market, who doesn't deserve a blackout when 75K tix are still sold.

Michael82
12-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Exactly!

And in my opinion it isn't a matter of priorities at all. People want to spend their money watching a good team win games.

No offense, but that is what a fairweather fan does and that's why people are calling out these type of fans.

If it were me I'd have seasons to both, but the Bills would come first. There is no doubt in my mind about that. Unfortunately things happen to people where the last thing money can be spent on right now is a Bills game. That doesn't mean they aren't die hard fans. Not in my case anyways.

:hi5: I wish I could have seasons to both, but the Sabres seasons are too expensive to buy all at once. :ill: The Bills would always come first for me too. I am obsessed with that team. They are a part of me. The Sabres aren't there yet, but I'm definitely moving them up on my list. :up: I know that things happen to people and they can't afford to buy Bills tickets. But the problem i have is all the people who are spending hundreds or dollars on Sabres jerseys, Sabres hats, shirts, merchandise and of course tickets and forgetting about the team that they always used to root for because the Sabres became hot. Plus it pisses me off when I talk to someone is Rochester who is *****ing about the blackout and they don't have tickets, but can afford to go to a bar and spend a bunch of money on beer and food. :ill: And those articles in the paper piss me off too. Because it's always the same lazy people *****ing that they can't watch their team.

DolfanTom
12-16-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey, and as an upstate NYer, I did my part buying three tix this week :;

Michael82
12-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Thing is, though, you still have sold - what 75K tix? Your stadium is huge for a small market, and things like this can happen from time to time.

Maybe a newer - slightly smaller stadium is needed? A lotta work - sure, but it might be fair to the local market, who doesn't deserve a blackout when 75K tix are still sold.
I have a feeling when they do try to build a new stadium, it will have like 65,000 seats and the price will go up by a couple hundred a piece for the season tickets.

Michael82
12-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Hey, and as an upstate NYer, I did my part buying three tix this week :;
:hi5:

RockStar36
12-16-2006, 10:34 AM
:hi5: I wish I could have seasons to both, but the Sabres seasons are too expensive to buy all at once. :ill: The Bills would always come first for me too. I am obsessed with that team. They are a part of me. The Sabres aren't there yet, but I'm definitely moving them up on my list. :up: I know that things happen to people and they can't afford to buy Bills tickets. But the problem i have is all the people who are spending hundreds or dollars on Sabres jerseys, Sabres hats, shirts, merchandise and of course tickets and forgetting about the team that they always used to root for because the Sabres became hot. Plus it pisses me off when I talk to someone is Rochester who is *****ing about the blackout and they don't have tickets, but can afford to go to a bar and spend a bunch of money on beer and food. :ill: And those articles in the paper piss me off too. Because it's always the same lazy people *****ing that they can't watch their team.

I'll go with that. I can say that I'm not one of those people sinking all my money into new Sabres gear (mostly because I don't have that money) but I would be buying Bills tickets if it was at all possible. Trust me on that. I've tried to work out every single possible scenario. Maybe I shouldn't have cut those credit cards up just yet.

It pisses me off when the people on WGR ***** about the blackout, yet as far as I know they get to see every game and don't have to buy tickets.

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I don't see anything remotely funny about it :::

Bull****. Maybe kids with no sense of history don't care, but there are plenty of us who do so to say nobody cares? You ain't been paying any attention on the Zone the past week

Bull**** on yourself, history is one thing, but this only got bigtime media attention during the 70's and Kelly-Marino, thats not a rivalry game, thats when the media cares about both teams. And dont use the Zone as your point of reference as to nobody cares, we are all die hard Bills fans I get just as pumped for every game not just the Phins. And Squish the Fish week? Simply a well planned PR strategy I think first introduced by the Bills to the local media during Kelly v. Marino to sell more tickets and generate more revenue why would the Zone use the same slogan to promote more postings, and less negativity. I think its ridiculous to damn the local fans who are not going to this game, cause you know thats the way to win them back to the stadium, damn them to hell (and bc I know you'll pull the I didnt say that crap, the comment wasnt just directed at you). Ive never been to a Bills game, but Im still a die hard fan. It isnt about the amount of money you spend, the games you attend, or any of that crap, this is about the areas fans being fed up with a multitude of different things from not being good (I believe we've had a few zoners say they will not be renewing their seasons tickets in years past bc of the poor product, who are then called fair weather fans) and then there are those who just dont want to attend because of smoking changes, alccohol sales changes, traffic, kids, family.

That deviates from my point somewhat; In a rivalry, the two teams who play are supposed to hate each other, thats not the case here. The media is all over a rivalry game regardless of how small/bad teams are because rivalry games mean big ratings. That why you hear about the Bowling Green-Toldeo rivalry game on ESPN 2 every year, bc it gets ratings (Note: the teams are not correct, I know that). Bills v. Dolphins may to you be the biggest game of the year, but to alot of Bills fan, and most importantly the national media, they dont even yawn at it.

RockStar36
12-16-2006, 11:54 AM
It really isn't that big of a rivalry anymore. I'd prefer to move the Bills to the AFC North and be with Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Within a year that would start two HUGE rivalries.

The_Philster
12-16-2006, 12:01 PM
And Squish the Fish week? Simply a well planned PR strategy I think first introduced by the Bills to the local media during Kelly v. Marino to sell more tickets and generate more revenue No sense of history whatsoever. You said nobody cares...that's nothing less than a lie. There's plenty of us who hate the Fish...0 for the 70s...Shula seeming to get away with everything...Marino, Cox, Jimmy Johnson :::

Night Train
12-16-2006, 01:32 PM
The last few thousand bandwagon fans who would buy the remaining 4K tickets spent their $$ on Sabres tickets in November, when it was announced the season was close to a sellout and you'd better hurry if you wanted tickets.

I know several people at work that bought tickets to the Sabres this year, instead of the Bills. At the time, the Sabres were smoking and the Bills were struggling. Some folks are out of $$, after buying hockey tickets and shopping for Christmas.

Not making excuses, since I go to every Bills home game. Just making an educated observation.

YardRat
12-16-2006, 01:45 PM
No sense of history whatsoever. You said nobody cares...that's nothing less than a lie. There's plenty of us who hate the Fish...0 for the 70s...Shula seeming to get away with everything...Marino, Cox, Jimmy Johnson :::

Not enough left to sell out the Ralph.

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 02:40 PM
No sense of history whatsoever. You said nobody cares...that's nothing less than a lie. There's plenty of us who hate the Fish...0 for the 70s...Shula seeming to get away with everything...Marino, Cox, Jimmy Johnson :::

Well unfortunately your opinion is one of the minority, while posters have agreed with me, and the ticket sales again support my opinion, along with the national media not giving a damn, which means no TV coverage.

Your passion is unquestioned and I think its a great thing, but however this is no longer a rivalry and likely never will be one again.

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 02:40 PM
It really isn't that big of a rivalry anymore. I'd prefer to move the Bills to the AFC North and be with Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Within a year that would start two HUGE rivalries.

COMPLETELY AGREE!!

Blue collar towns that play blue collar football!

The_Philster
12-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Well unfortunately your opinion is one of the minority, while posters have agreed with me, and the ticket sales again support my opinion, along with the national media not giving a damn, which means no TV coverage.

Your passion is unquestioned and I think its a great thing, but however this is no longer a rivalry and likely never will be one again.
Thing is...I never said we all still care about the rivalry...but you said nobody cares

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Thing is...I never said we all still care about the rivalry...but you said nobody cares

and if you had read my post and used deductive reasoning you would see that nobody cares means outside of die hard bills fan. Next time Ill be sure to spell things out, nobody else was evidently as confused.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Not enough left to sell out the Ralph.

Not true at all. That is why the tream merkets heavily in Rochester, the Southern Tier and Ontario these days.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Don't be knocking Tulsa, it's the Paris of the new world!

tulsa's a dump. :down:

Michael82
12-16-2006, 03:56 PM
You know what kills me? I go to the Bills store in Eastview Mall today and they have a big long line of people buying tickets. Apparently, they are selling pretty good and only have the corners of the upper deck left. I asked the people in line why they didn't buy it yesterday or earlier in the week to prevent the blackout. The dumbasses replied, I didn't want to, I figured I could just watch the game on TV. :mad: :curse: Now that it's blacked out, I had to buy tickets to see the game. :rolleyes:

Dumbasses! They are the reasons why the games are blacked out in the first place. :ill:

The_Philster
12-16-2006, 04:09 PM
You know what kills me? I go to the Bills store in Eastview Mall today and they have a big long line of people buying tickets. Apparently, they are selling pretty good and only have the corners of the upper deck left. I asked the people in line why they didn't buy it yesterday or earlier in the week to prevent the blackout. The dumbasses replied, I didn't want to, I figured I could just watch the game on TV. :mad: :curse: Now that it's blacked out, I had to buy tickets to see the game. :rolleyes:

Dumbasses! They are the reasons why the games are blacked out in the first place. :ill:
dumbass ain't even the word...were they in a cave the last few weeks? Every news report said ticket sales weren't looking good enough to avoid a blackout

SABURZFAN
12-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I asked the people in line why they didn't buy it yesterday or earlier in the week to prevent the blackout. The dumbasses replied, I didn't want to, I figured I could just watch the game on TV. :mad: :curse: Now that it's blacked out, I had to buy tickets to see the game. :rolleyes:

being that it's this close to Christmas,people are doing what they can to cut a corner and save a buck.not all of these people still live home with their parents.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2006, 04:38 PM
being that it's this close to Christmas,people are doing what they can to cut a corner and save a buck.not all of these people still live home with their parents.

If they can afford the tickets today, they could have afforded them Wedbesday.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2006, 04:43 PM

how the hell do you know that?who's to say that they altered their spending,borrowed money,blew off a bill,got paid yesterday,etc...?not all people are not as wealthy as some.for all you know,they could have been out all night collecting beer and pop cans to get money for a ticket.

raphael120
12-16-2006, 04:45 PM
mike, what do you care, you're going to go and see the game anyways

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2006, 04:49 PM
how the hell do you know that?who's to say that they altered their spending,borrowed money,blew off a bill,got paid yesterday,etc...?not all people are not as wealthy as some.for all you know,they could have been out all night collecting beer and pop cans to get money for a ticket.

Yeah, I saw 5,000 people walking up and down the street collecting cans.
C'mon and use your brain. You know as well as I do that many of these people were waiting for somebody else to buy the tickets so they could stay home and watch the game. Let somebody else do the work.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I saw 5,000 people walking up and down the street collecting cans.
C'mon and use your brain. You know as well as I do that many of these people were waiting for somebody else to buy the tickets so they could stay home and watch the game. Let somebody else do the work.

c'mon and use your brain.there isn't 5000 people in Maple Grove.

as for people waiting for others to buy,yeah...it happens.like i said before,not all people are as wealthy as some and some people will be doing without one or two less Christmas presents.

The_Philster
12-16-2006, 05:00 PM
mike, what do you care, you're going to go and see the game anyways
some of us like to watch games again

Historian
12-16-2006, 05:02 PM

as for people waiting for others to buy,yeah...it happens.like i said before,not all people are as wealthy as some and some people will be doing without one or two less Christmas presents.

Bills Tickets make a nice stocking stuffer!

The holidays were never an issue when we had to pony up 300+ bucks for playoff tickets in December year after year.

Then again...that was during the years of peace and prosperity....

SABURZFAN
12-16-2006, 05:03 PM
some of us like to watch games again

but are quick to call others dumbasses when there's a blackout in the local area.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2006, 05:03 PM

Oh! A Maple Grove shot!

Somedya you gotta tell me where you went to high school. I could make a list of teams we *****ed slapped around, since it appears we hurt you pretty good at some point.

SABURZFAN
12-16-2006, 05:05 PM
Bills Tickets make a nice stocking stuffer!

good....i expect a couple of tickets from you in my stocking. :up:

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Then again...that was during the years of peace and prosperity....

I was gonna bring this up to you tomorrow, but since you started it.....

Interestingly since Elliot Spitzer (and Hevesi) won election and the Dems won control of the House and Senate, all of the Bills games have been blacked out.

Coincidence?

Historian
12-16-2006, 05:11 PM
And our team has **** the bed under Bush.

So what's your point?

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 05:58 PM

Completely disagree, the 15th was Friday and likely was a pay day, for those that only get payed twice a month. So I think thats a huge reason why you see people buying tickets now as opposed to Wednesday.

Typ0
12-17-2006, 03:36 AM
I would love to watch the game but then again I don't care that much any more and it doesn't have to do with the teams poor performance it has to do with the NFL itself being a joke. this blackout rule is a prime example of their stupidity. We are in a smaller market and have a bigger stadium...it really makes sense they should punish us for not selling out.

If the games aren't on TV the end result is they lose fans in the long run not gain ticket sales in the short run. Kids have the attention span of a gnat these days take the game off for a week and see what kind of damage you do to that mind share.

And then they are blacking out a joke of a game anyway. NFL is the only big time highly funded anything on earth that is run by a bunch of part time idiot zebras. All you people wise up the NFL doesn't give a crap about their customers they only care about lining their pockets.

Historian
12-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Very well put, Typo.

CuseJetsFan83
12-17-2006, 04:24 AM
well then, at least you jets fans get to enjoy your team play on TV. The Jets/Vikings game is the one that the local affiliates here are going to be showing. :ill:

eh, i have personal reasons i wanted the bills/dolphins game though...... i have a superstition about working during jets games....... and unfortunately people at work couldn't accomodate..... oh well, to the victor goes the spoils i reckon.

good luck on the game today, and please for the love of god WIN!