PDA

View Full Version : ESPN/Pastabelli finally recognize Schobel

Romes
12-15-2006, 03:03 PM
He is the classic overnight sensation several years in the making. Buffalo Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel has averaged 9.3 sacks over the first five seasons of his NFL career, but has mostly eluded the media spotlight until ravaging first-round left offensive tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson for three sacks in last Sunday's upset victory over the New York Jets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2698476

Hopefully and article like this can get some "out of town" pro bowl votes for Schobel.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 03:04 PM
You know what? I could care less if anyone on the team makes the pro bowl. WHO GIVES A ****?

Romes
12-15-2006, 03:09 PM
the players care.

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Good for them. I don't feel bad for those million dollar babies!

Pinkerton Security
12-15-2006, 03:22 PM
maybe you dont care if bills players make the pro bowl, but the players do. when you look at a team that has no pro bowlers, or maybe a punter every year, it isnt exactly the kind of market you are hoping to sign with as a free agent. It does more than garner personal accolades.

GO BILLS!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Wins are all that matters. We win players want to play here, well wins along with money.

Sportsuser101
12-15-2006, 03:59 PM
It's all about money. A team could care less if a team won the superbowl or were in last place. Yes if the money is even or very close the player will likely go to the team that won the superbowl but how many big time players jumped on the Patriots after they won the superbowl? Colvin? Dillon was a trade. Thats about it. It's all about the money when it comes down to it. Personally Ruben Brown made it way too many years when he wasn't even our best offensive lineman on some of those years based on popularity and/or not knowing how to evaluate the guard position. I could care less if Schobel makes it because I don't watch it and I doubt very many of us do watch it. And if Schobel does make it I doubt any Bills fan will turn it on just to see Schobel.

raphael120
12-15-2006, 04:41 PM
everyone so effin negative around here

Scumbag College
12-15-2006, 05:09 PM
What's ESPN doing? They're not mentioning Bill Parcells, Terrell Owens, Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning.

Cntrygal
12-15-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't watch the pro bowl anymore either. It's a waste of my time and a vacation for them.

YardRat
12-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Let's hope Schobel keeps the momentum going and gets three more against Miami :D.