PDA

View Full Version : I like Willis

LtBillsFan66
12-15-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't know what some of you people have against him.

Slim
12-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Seriuosly.

YardRat
12-15-2006, 06:38 PM
I wish he'd perform against the rest of the league the way he does against the Jests.

Devin
12-15-2006, 06:54 PM
If willis has 100+ against the fins i'll like him again.

Yasgur's Farm
12-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I wish he'd perform against the rest of the league the way he does against the Jests.Bingo!

RockStar36
12-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I wish he'd perform against the rest of the league the way he does against the Jests.

He's been a solid back when called upon. Considering the o-line problems that weren't corrected until the bye week and now him being injured, it's been a rough year for him. That being said, he came off 3 broken ribs and before they were fully healed ran for two touchdowns in a big game against a big time run D in Jacksonville. He then ran over the Jets with a bum ankle, sore ribs, and puking his guts out on the sideline. It's time people get off his back. Then again, if they do that they won't have anything to ***** about. And I don't neccessarily mean you YR, but those people know who they are.

Night Train
12-15-2006, 07:28 PM
I like beer.

Yet there are actual people on earth who do NOT (GASP !) like beer.

Big M
12-15-2006, 07:32 PM

Maybe if he didn't need to throw up during every game...

evol4276
12-15-2006, 07:38 PM
I don't know what some of you people have against him. me too! we are one of a very few on here though!

Philagape
12-15-2006, 09:22 PM

His mediocre season?

TacklingDummy
12-15-2006, 09:41 PM
His mediocre season?

But yet JPs medicore to below average season gets a free pass. :rolleyes:

SpillerThrills
12-15-2006, 09:42 PM
His mediocre season?

with an OL that LT would have a hard time running behind.....

Philagape
12-15-2006, 09:44 PM
with an OL that LT would have a hard time running behind.....

So Willis deserves NO responsibility?

X-Era
12-15-2006, 10:16 PM

I thought he was great on different strokes. Anyone who can tolerate that midget and not kill him deserves respect. But the drug thingy made me dislike him a bit to b e honest.

Ohh, wait.....

Lexwhat
12-15-2006, 10:32 PM

You know whats REALLY a joke about some people here?

Okay, so they wanna blast Willis for not playing well. - That's fine.

They wanna give JP a pass, because he plays behind bad O-Line (which he has been for most of his time here) - That's fine.

...Here's where the stupidity comes in....

When we say that Willis runs behind a poor O-Line, they say that he should make something out of nothing. They say that Barry Sanders ran behind a crap O-Line....Hmmmmmm okay.

Those SAME people say that Peyton Manning won't succeed behind our O-Line.

So wait...Peyton Manning, the best QB in the league, and one of the all time best ever - won't succeed behind this line? But when we use the same analogy for Willis, then it doesn't count?

Hmmmmmm...

Basically, once we fix our O-line, then we should see how both JP and Willis can play. If Willis can't play, then let him leave! People just wanna make changes just for the hell of it.

BY THE WAY, people blast Willis for saying "I'm the best RB in the league." But they also forget that JP said "I'm the best QB in this draft class," when he got drafted. Yup, that includes Big Ben, Philip Rivers, and Eli.

Morons.

LtBillsFan66
12-15-2006, 10:41 PM

They wanna give JP a pass, because he plays behind bad O-Line (which he has been for most of his time here) - That's fine.

When we say that Willis runs behind a poor O-Line, they say that he should make something out of nothing. They say that Barry Sanders ran behind a crap O-Line....Hmmmmmm okay.

So wait...Peyton Manning, the best QB in the league, and one of the all time best ever - won't succeed behind this line? But when we use the same analogy for Willis, then it doesn't count?

Hmmmmmm...

Basically, once we fix our O-line, then we should see how both JP and Willis can play. If Willis can't play, then let him leave! People just wanna make changes just for the hell of it.

BY THE WAY, people blast Willis for saying "I'm the best RB in the league." But they also forget that JP said "I'm the best QB in this draft class," when he got drafted. Yup, that includes Big Ben, Philip Rivers, and Eli.

Morons.
:bf1:

Philagape
12-15-2006, 10:47 PM
I hold JP and Willis to different standards because they're at different points in their careers, relative to their respective positions. JP has played pretty much as I expected. Willis hasn't.

For both of them, the line is partly to blame, and they are partly to blame. That's not the issue for me.

SpillerThrills
12-15-2006, 11:52 PM
So Willis deserves NO responsibility?

not saying that at all... just saying that if the front office would put together a decent/good oline then both JP and Willis would perform alot better. it's hard to run for 100+ yards when your getting hit right after you get the ball from your QB.

Lexwhat
12-16-2006, 12:09 AM
I hold JP and Willis to different standards because they're at different points in their careers, relative to their respective positions. JP has played pretty much as I expected. Willis hasn't.

For both of them, the line is partly to blame, and they are partly to blame. That's not the issue for me.

Thats fair. I definetely hold any player responsible (whether that's Willis or JP or anyone else) for their play.

Of course, Willis needs to step up.

It's just that people can't use an excuse for one player, and have it NOT apply to another player. Both RB and QB positions depend heavily on the O-Line. That's a fact.

As I said, Willis needs to get better...But people are just so biased (not you) because they like JP and dislike Willis. Then they make excuses to support one player (JP), while jumping at opportunities to blast another player (Willis) - BASED on their personal biases. THAT is what I have a problem with - and only that.

kernowboy
12-16-2006, 04:30 AM

Hmmmmmm...

Morons.

The bottom is, JP has stuck it out and has improved. He has also given the impression of making a commitment to Buffalo.

McGahee talks the talk but so far has not walked the walk. If you claim to be the best RB you cannot hide behind a poor OL as an excuse. Plenty of RBs have made stellar efforts behind less than ideal OLs.

It is also quite clear that McGahee has no commitment to Buffalo. He will only resign if he is franchised and that will mean the Bills overpaying for him. I personally think McGahee will one day do well against most teams but we cannot afford to let him walk for nothing. His attitude means he is not the future for the Bills so we need to find the player in this draft or the next who is.

If this means dumping McGahee for a pick in the offseason, having a RB by committee in the 2007 season, and then drafting the RB of the future in 2008 then so be it ................

mybills
12-16-2006, 05:22 AM
I'll take Willis over Corey Dillon any day. That thug runs like Sam Adams! :chuckle:

Yasgur's Farm
12-16-2006, 08:41 AM
Behind the same O-line...

Willis McGahee - Ranks #22 among NFL RB's
JP Losman - Ranks #12 among NFL QB's

Marvelous
12-16-2006, 02:07 PM
IMO Willis will never be worth a dmn to us.. Just a bad all around fit here for us & him..

John Doe
12-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I agree that this has been a disappointing season for McGahee, but he was a difference maker in our big wins over Jacksonville and the Jets. I would have liked to see what he could have done with an entire season behind the revamped line.

Lexwhat
12-16-2006, 04:06 PM
The bottom is, JP has stuck it out and has improved. He has also given the impression of making a commitment to Buffalo.

McGahee talks the talk but so far has not walked the walk. If you claim to be the best RB you cannot hide behind a poor OL as an excuse. Plenty of RBs have made stellar efforts behind less than ideal OLs.

It is also quite clear that McGahee has no commitment to Buffalo. He will only resign if he is franchised and that will mean the Bills overpaying for him. I personally think McGahee will one day do well against most teams but we cannot afford to let him walk for nothing. His attitude means he is not the future for the Bills so we need to find the player in this draft or the next who is.

If this means dumping McGahee for a pick in the offseason, having a RB by committee in the 2007 season, and then drafting the RB of the future in 2008 then so be it ................

I agree with most of what you are saying. But look at the bolded part above...

"people blast Willis for saying "I'm the best RB in the league." But they also forget that JP said "I'm the best QB in this draft class," when he got drafted. Yup, that includes Big Ben, Philip Rivers, and Eli."

Care to comment?

Lexwhat
12-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Personally, I like JPs attitude and like that he works hard. But JP made a very similar comment to the one Willis made, but no one seems to notice.

Luisito23
12-16-2006, 04:10 PM
But they also forget that JP said "I'm the best QB in this draft class," when he got drafted. Yup, that includes Big Ben, Philip Rivers, and Eli."

Care to comment?

Right now I'd take Losman over all 3....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Yasgur's Farm
12-16-2006, 04:11 PM
I agree with most of what you are saying. But look at the bolded part above...

"people blast Willis for saying "I'm the best RB in the league." But they also forget that JP said "I'm the best QB in this draft class," when he got drafted. Yup, that includes Big Ben, Philip Rivers, and Eli."

Care to comment?
Behind the same O-line...

Willis McGahee - Ranks #22 among NFL RB's
JP Losman - Ranks #12 among NFL QB's
Who's backed it up?

raphael120
12-16-2006, 05:07 PM
the one thing i like about willis is he has the attitude, he's got the mouth, adds some star power onto the bills, well known around the league, and he's a funny ass dude....but again...it would be nice to see him back it up...like the little "bye bye" he had after the jets game, where you know he's justl ike, yeh, how u like the bills now, *****???

gr8slayer
12-16-2006, 06:56 PM
If McGahee would hit the hole harder he would be in the same category with guys like LJ, LT, Gore.....................

He is a beast, he has speed, stiff arm from hell, power, can catch, EVERYTHING! He just needs to run like he is 230 pounds and not like he is 200.

He is the kind of Running Back that we love in Texas and he is my favorite Bill EVER! I just need him to start getting it done more often.

HHURRICANE
12-16-2006, 07:48 PM
The fact that he's mediocre.

Lexwhat
12-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Who's backed it up?

:rofl: JP is better than Big Ben AND Rivers???

Lexwhat
12-16-2006, 08:36 PM
[quote=Luisito23]Right now I'd take Losman over all 3....

[quote]

:homer: What has JP done that Philip Rivers hasen't done??

At this point, Rivers is simply the better player in every single statistical category...

Don't get me wrong, I love JP and am proud to have him on our team...but stop bein a homer.

Slim
12-16-2006, 08:53 PM
:rofl: JP is better than Big Ben AND Rivers???

Thats what i thought he meant.. But I think he's talking about Wills and JP.