PDA

View Full Version : My Bills Feeling Right Now

patmoran2006
12-16-2006, 09:34 AM
The Good News:

* Never thought I would have said this when they had their bye, but I think JP Losman has absolutely EARNED the respect of his teammates and he deserves to start "next year and beyond" as Jauron said... I blasted Losman earlier in the season as harsh as anyone, and you can go and read ANY of my threads about him; and my biggest ***** was a lack of leadership and attitude that it takes to be a good QB. Well over the past several games he has done a complete 360 and he's really developing into the leader of this team.. Forget the stats man, look at his demeanor; he's gaining control, he's SO much more poised than he was earlier, he's more patient and he's doing less stupid things. JP to Evans is becoming a force; and those back to back last drive wins (Hou/Jags) is the stuff that could propel him to a good career. He NEEDED to win those games on HIS shoulders and nobody elses to earn his team's faith and he did just that. Whenever I write something negative about someone, I'm never afraid to own up to being wrong. Actually, I wasnt wrong at the time I said what I said; but he's won me over in a big way.

* Lee Evans is a Top FIVE WR in the entire NFL. IF they get a more reliable #2 and Losman continues to grow; he's going to rewrite the Bills record book next year.

* Laugh if you want, deny it all you want, but Willis McGahee is starting to develop into a LEADER. Some people think he doesnt want to be here and he's just going through the motions. I think you're wrong.

* Jason Peters is a really STRONG LT and he will only get better. On the rest of the line, I"m really liking the way Folwer is playing. THey still need help on the line, but these two will be just fine.

* Nate Clements is playing since the bye like he's WORTH the money. Never thought i'd say that but I REALLY hope they resign him (I dont think they will though)

* If Fletcher doesnt make the Pro Bowl, there is a conspiracy going around. Personally, I think he should be a candidate for Defensive POY. He's been THAT good especially with all the young guys around.

* I think SChobel and Fletch are LOCKS for the Pro Bowl, Moorman has a very good chance, and Clements and Evans have outside shots.

NOW the Bad News..

This team is in HUGE trouble and I"m not talking on the field. The fact they can't sell out the rival Miami game, in warm December weather, when technically they're still in the playoff hunt, is a VERY VERY bad sign for the future of this franchise. I pray I"m wrong, but I think there is a more than just small chance this team is gone in the next three years, I really do.

On the field:
If this team is going anywhere, they HAVE to get better in the trenches.. I think they need TWO NEW starting DL, and at least two NEW starting OL..

I hope they spend the MONEY on a couple of free agents who can come in and have an impact RIGHT AWAY at these spots, and not try to develop players like Pennington and Kyle Williams into every down starters. These guys are great for depth, but if we're going to seriously contend next season, we absolutely need more PROVEN ability on each side of the line.

The rest of the team I really like, and I think next year Spikes will be back a lot closer to 100%- I really do.

They have to resign at least one between Clements and Fletch.. IDeally, I want both back.. Spend the money this year, Ralph... None of that bull**** cheap quantity FA signings like last year.. This team is a couple of impact linemen away from contending; spend the ****ing money this time.

Night Train
12-16-2006, 09:55 AM
If anyone ever calls you the voice of reason, they're being sarcastic.

Trust me.

Dr. Lecter
12-16-2006, 10:06 AM
I agree with much of that Pat (nice of you to come around on JP :D).

I don't agree with the 2 new DL. Which spots? Kelsay and Denney are a fine 1-2 punch at the one end spot and Hargrove is at least good depth. Williams is fine at DT and I have Triplett is coming around. In addition McCargo is comin back and will be better (remember he was quite young coming out of college)

On the O-line the number of new starters depends on if gandy comes back or not. He is fine at guard. I am stil not sold on Preston. Pennington is improving each and every game. I would love to see a guy like Steinbach here, but would draft guard #1 if the Bill sign Fletcher and Nate.

As for spending the mone, we have been round and round on this, Ralph has spent money, but spending does mean success. Look at the Redskins.

Bling
12-16-2006, 10:10 AM
pat, I don't understand you. :whoosh:

ublinkwescore
12-16-2006, 11:46 AM
The Good News:

* Never thought I would have said this when they had their bye, but I think JP Losman has absolutely EARNED the respect of his teammates and he deserves to start "next year and beyond" as Jauron said... I blasted Losman earlier in the season as harsh as anyone, and you can go and read ANY of my threads about him; and my biggest ***** was a lack of leadership and attitude that it takes to be a good QB. Well over the past several games he has done a complete 360 and he's really developing into the leader of this team.. Forget the stats man, look at his demeanor; he's gaining control, he's SO much more poised than he was earlier, he's more patient and he's doing less stupid things. JP to Evans is becoming a force; and those back to back last drive wins (Hou/Jags) is the stuff that could propel him to a good career. He NEEDED to win those games on HIS shoulders and nobody elses to earn his team's faith and he did just that. Whenever I write something negative about someone, I'm never afraid to own up to being wrong. Actually, I wasnt wrong at the time I said what I said; but he's won me over in a big way.

* Lee Evans is a Top FIVE WR in the entire NFL. IF they get a more reliable #2 and Losman continues to grow; he's going to rewrite the Bills record book next year.

* Laugh if you want, deny it all you want, but Willis McGahee is starting to develop into a LEADER. Some people think he doesnt want to be here and he's just going through the motions. I think you're wrong.

* Jason Peters is a really STRONG LT and he will only get better. On the rest of the line, I"m really liking the way Folwer is playing. THey still need help on the line, but these two will be just fine.

* Nate Clements is playing since the bye like he's WORTH the money. Never thought i'd say that but I REALLY hope they resign him (I dont think they will though)

* If Fletcher doesnt make the Pro Bowl, there is a conspiracy going around. Personally, I think he should be a candidate for Defensive POY. He's been THAT good especially with all the young guys around.

* I think SChobel and Fletch are LOCKS for the Pro Bowl, Moorman has a very good chance, and Clements and Evans have outside shots.

NOW the Bad News..

This team is in HUGE trouble and I"m not talking on the field. The fact they can't sell out the rival Miami game, in warm December weather, when technically they're still in the playoff hunt, is a VERY VERY bad sign for the future of this franchise. I pray I"m wrong, but I think there is a more than just small chance this team is gone in the next three years, I really do.

On the field:
If this team is going anywhere, they HAVE to get better in the trenches.. I think they need TWO NEW starting DL, and at least two NEW starting OL..

I hope they spend the MONEY on a couple of free agents who can come in and have an impact RIGHT AWAY at these spots, and not try to develop players like Pennington and Kyle Williams into every down starters. These guys are great for depth, but if we're going to seriously contend next season, we absolutely need more PROVEN ability on each side of the line.

The rest of the team I really like, and I think next year Spikes will be back a lot closer to 100%- I really do.

They have to resign at least one between Clements and Fletch.. IDeally, I want both back.. Spend the money this year, Ralph... None of that bull**** cheap quantity FA signings like last year.. This team is a couple of impact linemen away from contending; spend the ****ing money this time.

Dick and Marv could be rubbing off on McGahee and the OL for that matter - I think this winning attitude brought here by Marv is proving to be very contagious - though it took a while for the 'infection' to show it's symptoms. Jauron is a genius for making Losman earn the starting QB spot - I know it's been said a 1,000,000 times on here, but it's just that damn true.

As far as our probowlers - Schoebel should make it - he's already made it the year before last as an alternate - so we all know he's not an unknown commodity in the league. Fletcher should go to the probowl - not as an alternate either, but I am not sure of his chances because Ray Lewis will go on name alone, and then there's 'roid-boy Merriman (I now hate this mother ****er and his stupid little dance with a passion) and Vilma with the Jets. Evans is a lock, Peters should be a lock as well (but won't even go as an alternate) - Peters is the best LT in the game in my opinion - Jason Taylor will be neutralized when he tries to line up on Losman's blind side this weekend (too bad probowl voting will be over by the time every one in the league see- hopefully the Dolphins don't realize this until the game's pretty much over - unfortunately, the phins are playing him as a linebacker and shifting him to the left side of the DL - this could be ugly for us at times.

it's a toss up between Moorman and Lechler as to who gets to represent the AFC in the probowl.

ublinkwescore
12-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Nate Clements won't go because he came on too late.