PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network: Cowboys vs Falcons

hammerbillsfan
12-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Vermeil sounds like he's going to die at any minute.

7-0 Cowboys :yucky:

gr8slayer
12-16-2006, 07:29 PM
God I hate the Cowpies.

hammerbillsfan
12-16-2006, 07:32 PM
:goodpost:

gr8slayer
12-16-2006, 07:37 PM
I really want to see Shaub.

hammerbillsfan
12-16-2006, 07:44 PM
14-0 :puke:

HHURRICANE
12-16-2006, 07:51 PM

Gumball will do that to you!!

HHURRICANE
12-16-2006, 07:54 PM
The Falcons didn't sell out their game. I guess their moving them to LA!!:;

DynaPaul
12-16-2006, 08:15 PM
It took me a half an hour before I figured out it was Vermeil in the booth. I thought it was some 75 year old smoker with emphysema laying on his death bed.

PECKERWOOD
12-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Vermeil sounds horrible.

warsawbassman
12-16-2006, 08:33 PM
It is possably the worst brodcast in the history of televised NFL football

YardRat
12-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Every game on NFLN has sucked so far from a broadcasting standpoint...Gumble is terrible in the booth.

hammerbillsfan
12-16-2006, 08:37 PM
The game is in HD but the halftime show isn't and the guys are there.

Dumbasses.

LtFinFan66
12-16-2006, 09:24 PM
They finally got a good and exciting game:up:

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 09:26 PM
this game on NFLN idea, sucks ass

YardRat
12-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Vick just ignored a wide open Crumpler on fourth and one. What a tool.

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 09:28 PM

Guy's having a hell of a game and you point out one mistake...be fair...

YardRat
12-16-2006, 09:30 PM
You're being sarcastic, right?

Philagape
12-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Four TD passes isn't a hell of a game?

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 09:46 PM
You're being sarcastic, right?

Well I can only base it off his stats, they dont take into account poor broke college students who cant afford to pay for NFL when they schedule games there. But 4 TD's, 1 BAD Int...not bad in my mind.

raphael120
12-16-2006, 09:52 PM
friggen cowboys....

YardRat
12-16-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm not disputing Vick's having one of his better games passing, but does that mean he's not open for criticism for screwing up on an important play? Did I say he sucks, or should be benched in favor of Schaub?

Jesus...Sorry, my bad...I thought JP was the only QB around here that wasn't accountable for any individual errors he makes during the course of a game.

Philagape
12-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm not disputing Vick's having one of his better games passing, but does that mean he's not open for criticism for screwing up on an important play? Did I say he sucks, or should be benched in favor of Schaub?

Jesus...Sorry, my bad...I thought JP was the only QB around here that wasn't accountable for any individual errors he makes during the course of a game.

You called him a tool, and then ridiculed the suggestion that he's having a good game. That's more than just criticizing a play.

Some people really need to learn how to critique a QB. Every QB, in almost every game, will make bad plays. Bad throws, bad sacks, bad picks, bad decisions. All the time. By QBs who go to the Hall of Fame. It comes with the position. Therefore, it is pointless to rag on them in an otherwise good game. It's not news. There's no point in making them "accountable" for individual mistakes, because they will never disappear. The good QBs are the ones who more than make up for their inevitable bad plays with more good plays, and do their part to win.

And this is not to defend Vick, but to point out what several posters do here toward JP.

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 10:16 PM

Woah kimosabe,

I was simply saying that a mental error in missing the TE is excusable given Alge's lack of concentration is past weeks in holding onto the football (he leads all NFL TE's in drops) and also considering he had 4 TD's on the day. I think he had a good game and didnt say you were saying he didnt. I simply pointed out that one or two mistakes can be overlooked in good games as long as they dont lead to TO's, or cost you the game. Same as with JP. We agree pretty often on alot of issues, simply just a misunderstanding.

YardRat
12-16-2006, 10:38 PM
You called him a tool, and then ridiculed the suggestion that he's having a good game. That's more than just criticizing a play.

Some people really need to learn how to critique a QB. Every QB, in almost every game, will make bad plays. Bad throws, bad sacks, bad picks, bad decisions. All the time. By QBs who go to the Hall of Fame. It comes with the position. Therefore, it is pointless to rag on them in an otherwise good game. It's not news. There's no point in making them "accountable" for individual mistakes, because they will never disappear. The good QBs are the ones who more than make up for their inevitable bad plays with more good plays, and do their part to win.

And this is not to defend Vick, but to point out what several posters do here toward JP.

I didn't ridicule the suggestion that Vick was having a good game...I sincerely thought DraftBoy's post may have been sarcasm related to the many posts we see when JP is criticized for making specific errors on individual plays.

Of course all QB's make poor plays on a regular basis, a few every game...Does that mean they shouldn't be called on it? Nobody expects perfection from any position, but IMO, it's not a mortal sin to look at an individual play and say "Wow...he screwed that one up."

Vick could go 33 of 34 for 300-plus yards and multiple TD's, but if that single incompletion is on a fourth and one, in the fourth quarter, on a drive for the go-ahead score, and partially a result of him ignoring a wide open receiver I certainly don't think it's wrong to criticize him at the moment.

Does it detract from the overall performance? No, not when taken in the context of how he played the entire game. Does it mean he didn't screw up that individual play? No...because he did, when taken in the context of that particular play. (Although, I'm pretty confident, that there are some fans on these boards that would stretch the argument to the point of how critical an error it was considering the time and circumstances when it occured...a 'momentum-changer', etc.)

And don't pull that "some people need to learn" bull**** on me...there isn't anybody on this board that is head and shoulders above anybody else when it comes to knowledge of the game of football, you and I included. So stow it, or STFU and go get a job coaching QB's in the NFL.

YardRat
12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Woah kimosabe,

I was simply saying that a mental error in missing the TE is excusable given Alge's lack of concentration is past weeks in holding onto the football (he leads all NFL TE's in drops) and also considering he had 4 TD's on the day. I think he had a good game and didnt say you were saying he didnt. I simply pointed out that one or two mistakes can be overlooked in good games as long as they dont lead to TO's, or cost you the game. Same as with JP. We agree pretty often on alot of issues, simply just a misunderstanding.

Agreed. Except I still think he should've at least looked Algae's way on the play :D

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Agreed. Except I still think he should've at least looked Algae's way on the play :D

Fine have it your way hater <--Insert Sarcasm

:rofl:

YardRat
12-16-2006, 10:46 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DraftBoy again.

I'll catch you sometime tomorrow :D

<!-- / main error message -->

billsburgh
12-16-2006, 10:50 PM
Every game on NFLN has sucked so far from a broadcasting standpoint...Gumble is terrible in the booth.
and it only got worse once Deion was brought in to do commentary in place of Vermeil. He couldn't stop kissing Vick's ass.

Philagape
12-16-2006, 10:55 PM
I didn't ridicule the suggestion that Vick was having a good game...I sincerely thought DraftBoy's post may have been sarcasm related to the many posts we see when JP is criticized for making specific errors on individual plays.

Of course all QB's make poor plays on a regular basis, a few every game...Does that mean they shouldn't be called on it? Nobody expects perfection from any position, but IMO, it's not a mortal sin to look at an individual play and say "Wow...he screwed that one up."

Vick could go 33 of 34 for 300-plus yards and multiple TD's, but if that single incompletion is on a fourth and one, in the fourth quarter, on a drive for the go-ahead score, and partially a result of him ignoring a wide open receiver I certainly don't think it's wrong to criticize him at the moment.

Does it detract from the overall performance? No, not when taken in the context of how he played the entire game. Does it mean he didn't screw up that individual play? No...because he did, when taken in the context of that particular play. (Although, I'm pretty confident, that there are some fans on these boards that would stretch the argument to the point of how critical an error it was considering the time and circumstances when it occured...a 'momentum-changer', etc.)

And don't pull that "some people need to learn" bull**** on me...there isn't anybody on this board that is head and shoulders above anybody else when it comes to knowledge of the game of football, you and I included. So stow it, or STFU and go get a job coaching QB's in the NFL.

I'll do that when every other armchair QB here who talks as if they're an expert does, and that would just about all of us. Although some of us do use more logic and knowledge than others.

The problem with such criticism is it usually leaves the context out. Criticism of an individual play is more credible coming from someone whose comments reflect the big picture, rather than from someone whose history of posts is blatantly unbalanced and ignores or denies the context.

YardRat
12-16-2006, 11:11 PM
I'll do that when every other armchair QB here who talks as if they're an expert does, and that would just about all of us. Although some of us do use more logic and knowledge than others.

The problem with such criticism is it usually leaves the context out. Criticism of an individual play is more credible coming from someone whose comments reflect the big picture, rather than from someone whose history of posts is blatantly unbalanced and ignores or denies the context.

So why don't you re-read the original post and re-interpret the context...

The intent was critcism of an individual play, and it seems to me the post is pretty clear about that.

PhinsFan66
12-16-2006, 11:21 PM

Vermeil with laryngitis sounds better than Collinsworth without it.

Philagape
12-16-2006, 11:52 PM
So why don't you re-read the original post and re-interpret the context...

The intent was critcism of an individual play, and it seems to me the post is pretty clear about that.

I went by the "sarcasm" post too, which I apologize for misintepreting.

PECKERWOOD
12-17-2006, 07:42 AM
Football isn't rocket science guys; I guess it appears to be to some people.

DynaPaul
12-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Look guys, there's no way anyone would have made that throw. The play was the QB rolling out to the strong side of the field and Crumpler was all alone on the weak side. First Vick would have to turn his head about 100 to degrees to get the look and then he'd have to throw the ball all the way across the field from one sideline to the other. I don't know about you but that's asking for an interception. The play was obviously not designed to be thrown to Crumpler.

On another note... they should have kept Vermeil in the booth rather than replace him with Deion Sanders. I just don't understand why the NFL Network hired these losers. Listening to Deion make apologies for certain players was pretty pathetic. Also, Bryant Gumbel sucks donkey nuts. Next thing you know they'll hire Michael Irvin once ESPN wises up and dumps him too.

DraftBoy
12-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Look guys, there's no way anyone would have made that throw. The play was the QB rolling out to the strong side of the field and Crumpler was all alone on the weak side. First Vick would have to turn his head about 100 to degrees to get the look and then he'd have to throw the ball all the way across the field from one sideline to the other. I don't know about you but that's asking for an interception. The play was obviously not designed to be thrown to Crumpler.

On another note... they should have kept Vermeil in the booth rather than replace him with Deion Sanders. I just don't understand why the NFL Network hired these losers. Listening to Deion make apologies for certain players was pretty pathetic. Also, Bryant Gumbel sucks donkey nuts. Next thing you know they'll hire Michael Irvin once ESPN wises up and dumps him too.

Ummm Vick is quite capable of making that throw, he's done it many times in the past. It isnt a high pct throw, but he has the arm strength to make that throw while running away from it.