PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Defensive Line

YardRat
12-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Forked from: Defensive Line (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1771122)

Our big area of concern on our D:

LB's, CB's.

If we resign Clements, that takes care of the CBs...i'd like to see them draft one in the mid-late rounds tho.

As for LB's, this is a huge must, I'm talking 2nd round, 3rd round, pick up a stud MLB, OLB. We NEED to fix this run d.

See...This is where I get confused with some of you people (not specifically you, raphael, BTW)...

We have a QB that is playing okay, average or a little better at best, and when a poster indicates we should upgrade the position, or expect better play from the position, they get called out on the comment, labeled a hater, etc.

Then we have a LB who is having a Pro Bowl year, making plays all over the field every game, more-so a leader for the defense than JP is for the offense, yet there won't be any flaming for a comment like this...

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
Our big area of concern on our D:

LB's, CB's.

If we resign Clements, that takes care of the CBs...i'd like to see them draft one in the mid-late rounds tho.

As for LB's, this is a huge must, I'm talking 2nd round, 3rd round, pick up a stud MLB

We NEED to fix this run d.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
What's the difference?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

DraftBoy
12-16-2006, 10:19 PM
I think that many posters are laying the blame on Fletcher without really seeing where the true blame lies. We have a strong pass D and Fletcher in coverage is a huge reason why. yes he's older and a big cap number but he's our best defensive player. We need to improve our OLB's and their speed along with get a run plugger in the middle.

kernowboy
12-17-2006, 04:36 AM
Forked from: Defensive Line (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1771122)

See...This is where I get confused with some of you people (not specifically you, raphael, BTW)...

We have a QB that is playing okay, average or a little better at best, and when a poster indicates we should upgrade the position, or expect better play from the position, they get called out on the comment, labeled a hater, etc.

Then we have a LB who is having a Pro Bowl year, making plays all over the field every game, more-so a leader for the defense than JP is for the offense, yet there won't be any flaming for a comment like this...

What's the difference?

I think the difference is .. do we invest millions in a FA LB who has signed a deal with a notorious agent? Will TKO ever fully recover? We essentially have 2 out of 3 guys who may price themselves out of being here next year, plus the injuries we have recently suffered show how poor our depth is.

JP has his entire career in front of him. While London is having a good year, in some games he has been poor and not a leader, and how much has he got left in the tank .. 1 year, 2 years at most, but you can bet he'll want a 3-4 year deal.

Dr. Lecter
12-17-2006, 06:50 AM

This part is not true. Most of the people get upset with the people who blame everything on JP and make stupid comments like "If the Bills had an average QB, they would have only lost 2 games". Losman is a young QB that a number of people want to run out of town before he starts 20 games.

YardRat
12-17-2006, 07:01 AM
This part is not true. Most of the people get upset with the people who blame everything on JP and make stupid comments like "If the Bills had an average QB, they would have only lost 2 games". Losman is a young QB that a number of people want to run out of town before he starts 20 games.

I disagree...posters have been 'jumped on' for comments much less inflammatory than 'running him out of town'.

DraftBoy
12-17-2006, 11:52 AM

Until recent weeks posters had every bit of a reason to run Losman out of town. Thankfully he's turned what seems to be a corner. Just looking to finish strong now.