PDA

View Full Version : Willis in the '04 game vs the Fish

Mr. Cynical
12-16-2006, 11:29 PM
I was just watching JJ's clip of the 10/04 game vs. the Fish (we won 20-13) and noticed something strange. Given that Willis has had 2 years since then to recover from his injury you'd think he would look faster/stronger now...but if you look at that clip he looks faster and had alot more stiffarms than anytime this season.

It doesn't make sense physically, so it must be his "hunger" to prove people wrong has diminished?

Devin
12-17-2006, 01:44 AM
I kinda noticed that to.

During his run in the 2004 season every game he just seemed "on", he ran hard, fast and threw that fearsome stiff-arm.

I dont know just havent been impressed with him since. Sure he has games like any other RB where he gets 100+ yards or has some nice runs but I kinda agree he seems weaker each season.

Mr. Cynical
12-18-2006, 06:55 PM
bump

Cntrygal
12-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Most of the time I get the impression he plays "when he wants to play". ie..."ohh A-Train looked pretty good - I had better get back on the field"

HHURRICANE
12-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Wow, saw the same thing. He looked the best in his first (second) year.

Mr. Cynical
12-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Wow, saw the same thing. He looked the best in his first (second) year.

I wish I could post that vid clip of that game that JJ made....there really is a noticeable difference, which again makes no sense given you'd think he'd have gotten faster/stronger with more healing time.

I think cgal got it right for the most part.