PDA

View Full Version : Did Jason Taylor record a sack?

Kerr
12-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I watched the game and don't recall him recording a sack on JP, just causing a fumble. On nfl.com it says he had a sack. It must be an error.

Props to Jason Peters. He did a pretty good job on Taylor.

LtFinFan66
12-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Uhh...the fumble would be considered a sack since we got the ball

Samphin1
12-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah, the sack was the fumble play. Peters did ok on Taylor, better than I thought, however JT was chasing Losman around all day. He was the only member on our defense, other than Zach, that didn't give up towards the end.

LtFinFan66
12-17-2006, 03:50 PM
He had some other pressures where JP was wise enough to throw it away or try the quick screen

YardRat
12-17-2006, 03:51 PM
I didn't hear Taylor's name mentioned much at all today on the radio.

Kerr
12-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Uhh...the fumble would be considered a sack since we got the ball

All he did was strip the ball. He didn't even bring him down. I guess I haven't kept up with all the new rule changes.

Kerr
12-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Yeah, the sack was the fumble play. Peters did ok on Taylor, better than I thought, however JT was chasing Losman around all day. He was the only member on our defense, other than Zach, that didn't give up towards the end.

Taylor is a relentless player. The reason why he creates results is because he never quits on play.

LtFinFan66
12-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Not a rule change as far as I know

Kerr
12-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Not a rule change as far as I know

As far as I know a sack is when a defensive player takes the qb down physically. Jp did not come down or even hardly stumble on that play. Taylor just reached out and stripped the ball. If that's a sack then I guess just placing your hand on the qb is considered a sack.

LtFinFan66
12-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Well had he not stripped the ball thus going after the fumble, JT surely would have completed the sack. JT is that type player

Kerr
12-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Well had he not stripped the ball thus going after the fumble, JT surely would have completed the sack. JT is that type player

I know he is, but I was unware that just stripping the qb of the ball and recovering the fumble was considered a sack by the league. You learn something new everyday.

LtFinFan66
12-17-2006, 04:08 PM
I really don't know Kerr:idunno:

YardRat
As far as I know a sack is when a defensive player takes the qb down physically. Jp did not come down or even hardly stumble on that play. Taylor just reached out and stripped the ball. If that's a sack then I guess just placing your hand on the qb is considered a sack.

It's considered a sack (or a tackle if beyond the line of scrimmage) when possession of the ball is lost by the player under tackle. It's always been that way, as far as I know.

chernobylwraiths

When a defensive player stirips the QB, the result is ALWAYS a sack and forced fumble, it has been that way for as long as I can remember. Spikes got the sack in the first game on the Fletcher TD.

Goobylal
12-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Yep, forcing a QB fumble is a sack and fumble.

As for Peters, would have liked to see him 100% against Taylor (Peters had a bone bruise in his knee), but he did very well. Pennington also.

Kerr
12-17-2006, 04:13 PM
When a defensive player stirips the QB, the result is ALWAYS a sack and forced fumble, it has been that way for as long as I can remember. Spikes got the sack in the first game on the Fletcher TD.

Cool, thanks.