• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

More proof that Mularkey slowed jp's development

During the game Steve Buerlien said that when he spoke to jp that it really messed up his confidence when he got benched by his head coach last season and he took it really tough. He thought he failed at what he does best. He said that losman said that when jauron and fairchild came in they gave him a vote of confidence, it was a big boost for him and made him work harder to improve, hence the current results.

The best thing Mike Mularkey did for the buffalo bills was quit. Who knows how far along jp would have gotten had Mularkey stayed on as head coach.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: More proof that Mularkey slowed jp's development

Moolarkey got his today. Going to Miami was the best thing he ever did for the Bills.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr B
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
      Moolarkey got his today. Going to Miami was the best thing he ever did for the Bills.
      Yep, for sure.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

what it proves is JP has been acting like a mental midget. If he got benched too bad. He should have responded by working harder and being more focused not crying and pouting. Call that a blast on JP if you want and lambaste me but the guy is a professional football player not some shy schoolgirl.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

One more sour-grapes hater on my ignore list
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
            what it proves is JP has been acting like a mental midget. If he got benched too bad. He should have responded by working harder and being more focused not crying and pouting. Call that a blast on JP if you want and lambaste me but the guy is a professional football player not some shy schoolgirl.
            You could say that, but I think he proved that he wasn't just a mental midget by showing up for the new coaching staff.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

One more sour-grapes hater on my ignore list

you don't have any idea about how I feel or my opinions....you just want to run around and piss on people because it's gives you some sense of accomplishment.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                You could say that, but I think he proved that he wasn't just a mental midget by showing up for the new coaching staff.

it looks like he's coming around. I'm happy for that the kid has a great skill set and if he keeps improving may turn into something really special. as I said weeks ago, maybe his problem is he's younger than most...but at the level these people are playing there are no excuses. you either go out there on sunday and get it done or you don't.

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

you don't have any idea about how I feel or my opinions....you just want to run around and piss on people because it's gives you some sense of accomplishment.
                  No, he is just calling a douche a douche!

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                    No, he is just calling a douche a douche!

oh I see you are around here again...why don't you crawl back under your pile of ****.

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

Trashing our QB all year way more than he deserves, with incredibly ******ed posts like he's sucked "every chance" he got, now can't say one good thing without throwing in a backhanded dig, and then this ... gee yeah I haven't a clue.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Trashing our QB all year way more than he deserves, with incredibly ******ed posts like he's sucked "every chance" he got, now can't say one good thing without throwing in a backhanded dig, and then this ... gee yeah I haven't a clue.
                        he was god awefull quite a lot. There were games he made a few good promising plays but mostly he stunk up the joint every start he made up until a few weeks ago. be the eternal optimist if you want but I was going by what I was seeing on the field not some notion of hope. And there aren't any backhanded digs either...just rational and analysis supported by sound observations.

I'm done arguing with you clowns about this though. See ya!

Comment

• Billzz
                          • Sep 2003

I think your off base on this one. In theroy you are correct, but still if you are in a situation where no one has confidence in your ablities it will bother you and affect your perfomance.

He is performing in a new enviroment, new coaching staff and new GM. Some people do not operate well in crappy situations and that is exactly what he was in.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz
                            I think your off base on this one. In theroy you are correct, but still if you are in a situation where no one has confidence in your ablities it will bother you and affect your perfomance.

He is performing in a new enviroment, new coaching staff and new GM. Some people do not operate well in crappy situations and that is exactly what he was in.
                            it was clear he was falling into an emotional turmoil and his performance was suffering that's for sure. I still say it's his responsibility to deal with it not the coaches but you are entitled to your opinion.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billzz

here's another way to approach it. Who is the one that really is empowered to turn this situation around a coach or JP? Therein lies your answer about who is responsible to get it turned around.

Comment

Working...
                              X