PDA

View Full Version : This is confusing

Devin
12-17-2006, 05:42 PM
So let me get this right.....

If Miami beats the Jets, KC loses to SD tonight, and NE beats the Jags that takes care of Jax/KC/Jets. Obviously if we beat Ten it takes them out the scenario as well.

Now where im confused is Denver and Cincy. From what I understand we don't have a tie breaker over either.

We certainly need Indy to beat Cincy tonight, assuming Denver wins this evening they both will be 8-6 heading into next week. Course if AZ pulls off a miracle we are in great shape.

Which would mean Denver Vs Cincy next week will put one of those teams at 8-7.

The last week of the season Denver hosts 49ers and Cincy hosts Pittsburgh.

If these are the only teams in contention, assuming the Bills dont end the season like they did against Pitt in 2004 we could be in good shape the last week. Course we are also pegging our hopes on the loser of Denver/Cinci to lose again in week 17. If thats cincy that means they have to drop 3 straight.

clumping platelets
12-17-2006, 05:44 PM
:dizzy:

!Papacrunk!
12-17-2006, 05:45 PM
my brain hurts on that one, then again after today, that doesn't take much lol

Cntrygal
12-17-2006, 06:29 PM

I think it would almost be easier to just have a weekly list of what we want to happen and we :check: it if it happens.

SABURZFAN
12-17-2006, 06:33 PM
we need to win first.

PcA125
12-17-2006, 06:34 PM

I think it would almost be easier to just have a weekly list of what we want to happen and we :check: it if it happens.

I like that idea..

Devin
12-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Well for starters a SD win tonight would be great.

An Indy win on Monday night would help to.

Billzz
12-17-2006, 07:04 PM
We need to win and everyone that is a wildcard possibility needs to lose. Period.

Ickybaluky
12-17-2006, 07:17 PM
The easiest thing to do is look at the NFL Conference Standings (http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference). The likely tiebreaker for wild card scenarios is conference record.

X-Era
12-17-2006, 07:39 PM
So let me get this right.....

If Miami beats the Jets, KC loses to SD tonight, and NE beats the Jags that takes care of Jax/KC/Jets. Obviously if we beat Ten it takes them out the scenario as well.

Now where im confused is Denver and Cincy. From what I understand we don't have a tie breaker over either.

We certainly need Indy to beat Cincy tonight, assuming Denver wins this evening they both will be 8-6 heading into next week. Course if AZ pulls off a miracle we are in great shape.

Which would mean Denver Vs Cincy next week will put one of those teams at 8-7.

The last week of the season Denver hosts 49ers and Cincy hosts Pittsburgh.

If these are the only teams in contention, assuming the Bills dont end the season like they did against Pitt in 2004 we could be in good shape the last week. Course we are also pegging our hopes on the loser of Denver/Cinci to lose again in week 17. If thats cincy that means they have to drop 3 straight.

So, heres what I see. There are 2 wild cards. BOTH are up for grabs. Id say the biggest thing beyond winning out is for any of the 8 and 5 teams to lose and end up 9 and 7. But even if one doesnt, we still have a shot at the other wild card.

Not that there is any easy games, but the teams were battling with have tough schedules the rest of the way out.

I think we have a great shot. Baltimore is in, they could easily rest there starters last game.

Tenn, lost the game as far as yardage goes, its the Jags and the turnovers that let the Titans win, I think we beat them at home. The Jags losing was huge today, they were 8 and 5. If they had won, they could have won one of the games between KC and NE. But now they have to win both or we beat them in tiebreakers.

Cinnci needs to lose against Indy, but its in Indy. They need to lose to either Denver IN Denver or Pittsburgh. However, Pitt can win against them even in Cinnci and Denver still has some spunk. Again, I see Cinnci taking one of the wild cards by beating Denver and Pitt. But doing that knock Pitt out of it, and puts Denver at 7 losses. I say let Cinnci have a wild card and beat up on our common enemys.

The Jets have to play at Miami, which is NO easy task for them. They then finish the year against the Raiders who still could steal one. If we think the Jets have a chance to run the table, we should root for Cinnci to lose 2 and then lose a tiebreaker against us. It can happen.

I really think Pitt, Tenn (at our hands), Jax, Denv, and KC will lose games and or tiebreakers and are not a threat. I think the biggest teams to watch are Cinnci, and the Jets. If the aforementioned teams become non-issues, EITHER the Jets or Cinnci needs to lose enough for us to win a tiebreaker.

Personally, I think it ends up being us and the Jets as the 2 wild cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
12-17-2006, 07:45 PM
So, heres what I see. There are 2 wild cards. BOTH are up for grabs. Id say the biggest thing beyond winning out is for any of the 8 and 5 teams to lose and end up 9 and 7. But even if one doesnt, we still have a shot at the other wild card.

Not that there is any easy games, but the teams were battling with have tough schedules the rest of the way out.

I think we have a great shot. Baltimore is in, they could easily rest there starters last game.

Tenn, lost the game as far as yardage goes, its the Jags and the turnovers that let the Titans win, I think we beat them at home. The Jags losing was huge today, they were 8 and 5. If they had won, they could have won one of the games between KC and NE. But now they have to win both or we beat them in tiebreakers.

Cinnci needs to lose against Indy, but its in Indy. They need to lose to either Denver IN Denver or Pittsburgh. However, Pitt can win against them even in Cinnci and Denver still has some spunk. Again, I see Cinnci taking one of the wild cards by beating Denver and Pitt. But doing that knock Pitt out of it, and puts Denver at 7 losses. I say let Cinnci have a wild card and beat up on our common enemys.

The Jets have to play at Miami, which is NO easy task for them. They then finish the year against the Raiders who still could steal one. If we think the Jets have a chance to run the table, we should root for Cinnci to lose 2 and then lose a tiebreaker against us. It can happen.

I really think Pitt, Tenn (at our hands), Jax, Denv, and KC will lose games and or tiebreakers and are not a threat. I think the biggest teams to watch are Cinnci, and the Jets. If the aforementioned teams become non-issues, EITHER the Jets or Cinnci needs to lose enough for us to win a tiebreaker.

Personally, I think it ends up being us and the Jets as the 2 wild cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's the case who do we play, Indy or NE?

ublinkwescore
12-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I really wouldn't mind another crack at New England - though I'd prefer it be in a divisional playoff game.