PDA

View Full Version : I'm happy

Mad Bomber
12-17-2006, 09:09 PM
When this season started, I was hoping for a 7-9 to 9-7 season, with improvement from the beginning of the season to the end of the season, with JP either showing signs of being our QB of the future or showing us that we needed to go elsewhere.

This team has showed amazing improvement since the bye week. Our two losses have been against the Colts by 1 in their house, and by 3 against the Chargers.

We have won our last two games against divisional foes by a combined score of 52-13. Let me say that again...52-13!!!!

I live in the NYC area. On the sports talk radio stations (ESPN and WFAN) they have been talking about the Bills as a BAD team. That has changed in the past few weeks.

Is it a coincedence that the Jets have been playing really well, but fell flat against the Bills? Or that the Dolphins have been playing really well of late, but fell flat against the Bills?

Did both teams suddenly and coincidentally have "bad" games against a bad team? They weren't BEATEN, but just had bad games?

I think not...

Perhaps the Bills have actually become a good football team?

ParanoidAndroid
12-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I, like you, hoped for a 7 to 9 win season. I predicted 7 wins because I'm an optimist. All I was really looking for this year was some improvement from JP and that some young players would emerge.
Not in my wildest dreams did I forsee that our 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks would end up integral parts of our starting line-up. Our only picks that are not starting are Youboty and McCargo, who hold some promise, and could yet become starters here as well. Yes, Ellison is playing because of Crowell's injury, but frankly, I would want him starting over Spikes at this point in time. Kevin Williams might not be the long term answer as a starter, but he has been playing awfully well for a rookie 5th rounder.
If Youboty and McCargo come around, this will go down as one of, if not the best draft in Bills history.
Amazing!

Mad Bomber
12-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I, like you, hoped for a 7 to 9 win season. I predicted 7 wins because I'm an optimist. All I was really looking for this year was some improvement from JP and that some young players would emerge.
Not in my wildest dreams did I forsee that our 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th round picks would end up integral parts of our starting line-up. Our only picks that are not starting are Youboty and McCargo, who hold some promise, and could yet become starters here as well. Yes, Ellison is playing because of Crowell's injury, but frankly, I would want him starting over Spikes at this point in time. Kevin Williams might not be the long term answer as a starter, but he has been playing awfully well for a rookie 5th rounder.
If Youboty and McCargo come around, this will go down as one of, if not the best draft in Bills history.
Amazing!
:bf1:

I couldn't agree more.

I'm also happy that we were able to take a bunch of sub-par offensive lineman (with the exception of Peters, who is an ANIMAL) and reshuffle them into a somewhat respectable line.

Ellison is probably my favorite, because he came out of nowhere!

Kerr
12-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Guess Marv knew what he was doing for the most part.

ublinkwescore
12-18-2006, 01:35 AM
Amazing!

Great post - but I've got one question for you, who the hell is Kevin Williams???

Just busting your balls man - I know you meant Kyle Williams.

I think Kyle Williams was more of a steal than Keith Ellison - for him to be producing at the level that he is already in his career - these kinds of players usually only improve with more and more experience - the coaching staff wants him to put some more weight on - hopefully he can get that done this offseason and become that run-stuffer DT we need so desperately right now.

jamze132
12-18-2006, 03:25 AM
I wonde if Kiper is going to trash the Bills drafting techniques next year.

ddaryl
12-18-2006, 03:47 AM
My expectations for this season have been met, and I feel we are becoming a team who has become consistently better.

My hopes were for a 7-9, 9-7 season and we've achieved that. Anything more from here is a bonus.

Historian
12-18-2006, 03:58 AM
My expectations for this season have been met, and I feel we are becoming a team who has become consistently better.

My hopes were for a 7-9, 9-7 season and we've achieved that. Anything more from here is a bonus.

Same here.

Not to mention sweeping the fish!!!!

It's nirvana!

I said at the beginning of the season that we would go 7-9, and that they would finally put it together in November, and go on a tear towards the end of the season.

Because of that, I also said that if we had eight preseason games as tuneups, we would probably be in the playoffs this year. That's pretty much what's happening.

I said this season would resemble 1987, when the foundation for the SB teams was built. They're still a draft away, but this team is pretty solid.

I look for them to drop the final two games this season, as they are not mature enough yet.

But just look out next year.

jamze132
12-18-2006, 06:51 AM
I think we will beat Tennessee but falter in Baltimore.

8-8. If someone would have told me before the training camp started that we would finish 8-8 and Losman would be in the top 10 in QB rating in the league, I would have choked laughing.