PDA

View Full Version : This is nitpicking...

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-17-2006, 09:11 PM
...I am really nitpicking here but it is just a clear example of either media bias or how they try to fool certain markets...

the Football Night In America on NBC halftime report just put up the AFC playoff picture. On all of the bubble teams, they had Pittsburgh as the top 7-7 team out of Buffalo and Tennessee...and then they talked about how Pitt has the best chanced of getting in...can somebody tell me what advantage Pitt has over Buffalo? They certainly don't have a tiebreaker advantage...they weren't listing in alphabetical order...and they weren't listing in reverse alphabetical either...

Media trickery to boost ratings on December games if you ask me...

Devin
12-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Whats funny is the Bills have tie-breakers over 3 of those teams I believe. And if we beat Ten they are gone to.

We REALLY need a Fin victory over the Jets.

Mad Bomber
12-17-2006, 09:19 PM
...I am really nitpicking here but it is just a clear example of either media bias or how they try to fool certain markets...

the Football Night In America on NBC halftime report just put up the AFC playoff picture. On all of the bubble teams, they had Pittsburgh as the top 7-7 team out of Buffalo and Tennessee...and then they talked about how Pitt has the best chanced of getting in...can somebody tell me what advantage Pitt has over Buffalo? They certainly don't have a tiebreaker advantage...they weren't listing in alphabetical order...and they weren't listing in reverse alphabetical either...

Agreed. Their last two games are against Baltimore and Cinci. Not gimmes by any means.

Our last two are against Titans and Baltimore. Again not gimmes.

The media simply don't give a **** about Buffalo. When they refer to a Bills game they always talk about the other team...the Jets lost...the Dolphins lost....Blah, Blah, Blah.....

ublinkwescore
12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
%$#@ the media.

Wraith
12-17-2006, 09:29 PM

Clearly, Pittsburgh has an advantage over Buffalo in this years playoff race because Pitsburgh won the Super Bowl last year. :str8face:

Jeff1220
12-17-2006, 09:31 PM
I just started a new thread inspired by the same observation. :up: