PDA

View Full Version : QB Class

jdbillsfan
12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I am definitely biased, but Rivers seems to be viewed as head and shoulders above JP around the league.

He hasn't really impressed me that much. i mean how hard is it to give it to the best Running back in football or give him a swing pass. You also have the best TE in football that you can dump it off too.

RB and TE are two of the most important things for a QB to have success and Rivers has the two best in the game.

Manning has a lot of weapns as well. Even with his weapons I am not sure if I would rather have him than JP. If you put Manning on the Bills, with less weapons than he has now, how would he do?

Rothlisburger has a Super Bowl ring, so I would say he still has to be the top of the class. He has had a rough year. If you can bounce back, he should be alright. Its possible he may never be the same though.

My biased rankings:

Ben
JP
Rivers
Eli

PcA125
12-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah... Ben has a ring. But i am still sick of everyone saying that he is an amazing QB... the media basically voted him into the HOF after last year. The guy really didnt do too much IMO. He had an awesome team around him and just had to not make mistakes... Not saying that he isnt good, just not as good as the media says he is. Other than that, I really like what JP has done this year and I def think he is above Eli. Its hard to say with Rivers since he has LT, Gates etc...

BILLSROCK1212
12-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Manning loses his team games and has the talent...cudnt be worse
Rivers has talent but still isnt amazing..........oo and there he goes and throws an INT to Greg Wesley rite in his hands
Big Ben got his ring but with a ton of talent if u put him on another team it wud be like 3 years until he became at least starter material
JP had not talent to begin with except for first and second year players and right now hasnt thrown an INT in 2 games while all of the QBs above have thrown at least one in the last 2 games except for Big Ben but he has the most out of the bunch all season

ublinkwescore
12-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Well, I'm more biased than you because my list goes... (living in the now anyways)

JP
Chimpanzee with deadly aim when it comes to throwing his own poop
Phillip Rivers (yeah, he's got the best weapons, but someone once said you shouldn't have to apologize for your schedule - I think that train of though applies here - if your team-mates make your job easier, it's not entirely fair that it be held AGAINST you.)
Ben
Eli (this guy is in a major slump).

jdbillsfan
12-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Ben's definitely had a down year. A uperbowl ring cuts him some slack. He did have a lot of weapons, a really strong run game and a great defense, which makes QB's look good.

It could be interesting how this class develops and if they get some more help for JP.

He will never have the caliber of Gates and Tomlinson, but we'll see. I just think you could plug almost any QB on the Chargers and he would look pretty good with those two guys and a strong defense.

PECKERWOOD
12-17-2006, 10:24 PM
Based off this year:

Rivers
Losman
Eli
Ben

onceproudbillsfan
12-17-2006, 10:38 PM
I am definitely biased, but Rivers seems to be viewed as head and shoulders above JP around the league.

He hasn't really impressed me that much. i mean how hard is it to give it to the best Running back in football or give him a swing pass. You also have the best TE in football that you can dump it off too.

RB and TE are two of the most important things for a QB to have success and Rivers has the two best in the game.

Manning has a lot of weapns as well. Even with his weapons I am not sure if I would rather have him than JP. If you put Manning on the Bills, with less weapons than he has now, how would he do?

Rothlisburger has a Super Bowl ring, so I would say he still has to be the top of the class. He has had a rough year. If you can bounce back, he should be alright. Its possible he may never be the same though.

My biased rankings:

Ben
JP
Rivers
Eli

You also forgot that Rivers has a better oline and fullback blocking for him. The oline is the most important part of the puzzel. Ben had a great oline in front of him last year.

Kelly The Dog
12-17-2006, 10:38 PM
There are certain players who are better on good teams than another guy, and not as good on lesser teams as that same other guy. Big Ben was perfect for Pittsburgh last year and made a ton of small plays when they needed him to, like 7 yard passes to keep drives alive, and 4 yard scrambles on 3rd and 3, as well as not giving games away. That cannot be underestimated. Rivers is a very good quarterback on a team like SD. But that same Big Ben or Rivers may not be as good as Losman on a far inferior Bills team. Also, these things aren't set in stone. At any week, or month or year these ratings will change. I like Losman though, against any of these guys.

ublinkwescore
12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't trade Losman for 2 first round picks - plain and simple.

PECKERWOOD
12-17-2006, 10:54 PM

Hmmm. I don't know about that one.

Ingtar33
12-18-2006, 12:02 AM
229 361 2548 63.4 7.06 17 10 88.5

255 406 2976 62.8 7.33 18 9 90.5

280 471 3069 59.4 6.51 22 17 79.3

247 411 3092 60.1 7.52 16 20 76.2

name the QB. (all stats are through week 15)

gr8slayer
12-18-2006, 12:04 AM
229 361 2548 63.4 7.06 17 10 88.5

255 406 2976 62.8 7.33 18 9 90.5

280 471 3069 59.4 6.51 22 17 79.3

247 411 3092 60.1 7.52 16 20 76.2

name the QB. (all stats are through week 15)
Losman

Rivers

Manning

Roethlisberger?

Pinkerton Security
12-18-2006, 12:30 AM

Depending on how high the picks are, who's available, etc, I would probably agree. Losman has shown not only poise, but guts. i love that in a QB, and it shows that he is willing to work because face it even 10 weeks ago, he was not nearly as good of a QB as he is now. He is quickly making his way up my list of favorite Bills.

Go John Paul!!!!

ddaryl
12-18-2006, 12:33 AM
Hmmm. I don't know about that one.

I wouldn't.

If we did trade JP for 2 1st rounds we'd be drafting a QB and starting the grooming process all over again. At this point JP is coming into his own and becoming a solid QB who doesn't make a lot of mistakes (yes he makes mistakes, but his TD to INT ratio is very good). Not to mention the chemistry that is starting to develope on offense would be stripped down to almost nothing with another QB change.

AND, JP actually likes Buffalo. his heart is here with the Bills and it shows.

All I asked of JP and the Bills this year was to see a team that could imporve and become more consistent as the year progressed. JP and the Bills are delivering on my expectations for this season, so why mess with it ?

Ingtar33
12-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Losman

Rivers

Manning

Roethlisberger?

yep