PDA

View Full Version : In retrospect

Pinkerton Security
12-18-2006, 12:59 AM
How well has our line performed since the reshuffling??

Idk if this has been discussed a lot, it probably has, but our line has obviously shown marked improvement since that week when we re-did our depth chart for the o-line.

Do you think we need to spend a first or 2nd rounder to get lineman?

Also, is Terrence Pennington the real deal? he seems pretty solid to me.

Lastly, does Gandy really cut it? He flat-out sucked at tackle and I wanted his head, but now he hasnt been seen much, which is good for a lineman. So should we keep him??

Just wanted to see what the consensus was among the zoners about our line.

Tatonka
12-18-2006, 01:26 AM
they line as a whole has played well.. honestly, i dont really have any complaints. i wouldnt mind them grabbing a top guard if they could.. injuries happen.. but i dont think that anyone deserves to be replaced based on the way they have played since the bye week when we were all ready to send mcnally packing.

mchurchfie
12-18-2006, 01:32 AM
Its amazing how much better we are without oft-injured Villarial in the lineup. They need to cut his ass and move on with the youth movement.

ublinkwescore
12-18-2006, 02:11 AM
How well has our line performed since the reshuffling??

Idk if this has been discussed a lot, it probably has, but our line has obviously shown marked improvement since that week when we re-did our depth chart for the o-line.

Do you think we need to spend a first or 2nd rounder to get lineman?

Also, is Terrence Pennington the real deal? he seems pretty solid to me.

Lastly, does Gandy really cut it? He flat-out sucked at tackle and I wanted his head, but now he hasnt been seen much, which is good for a lineman. So should we keep him??

Just wanted to see what the consensus was among the zoners about our line.

I'd look at our Draft value chart, where we draft at, who's left, and what other teams are likely going to address with their picks, and what we got done in FA prior to the draft. Premiere guards can be had supposedly like around mid 2nd round to end of 3rd round - so that kinda takes away the need to go straight to OL in my opinion. I think I might go with Modrak and Levy's highest valued CB if Nate doesn't stick around, or if we don't replace him with the likes of Asante Samuel - if Nate sticks around, I'd go with the best recieving threat for Losman available so we can hopefully get a viable #2 - hopefully we address the run-stuffing DT(s) in FA. LB would be my next choice for #1 if the others are not very good value picks - this would ease the loss(es) of both Spikes (if Marv and Co. decide they need a younger stud in there) and Fletcher.

#2 could be used either once again at a skill position unless we see some uber-talented guard who we know beyond a shadow of a doubt can come in and start right away and be better than who we've got on the roster right now.

I hope to god we cut Shelton's @$$.

jamze132
12-18-2006, 03:21 AM
I still say we need to make as many upgrades in FA as possible without having to rely on starters from the draft. If we can get a top 10 guard or two in here, we could be a wrecking crew next year.

CuseJetsFan83
12-18-2006, 03:25 AM
if the bills continue to play hot, well it would make it much more attractive to join than a cellar dweller........... with that being said..... this free agency season should be a blast