PDA

View Full Version : JP slips into the top 10

Yasgur's Farm
12-18-2006, 06:17 AM
:drive: With a passer rating of 88.5, he's leapfrogged Brady and Brunell... And settled in just behind Bulger and Rivers.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PRAT/2006/regular

patmoran2006
12-18-2006, 06:24 AM
He's been one of the best QBs in the NFL since the bye... There is no denying that.

ICE74129
12-18-2006, 06:24 AM

Yasgur's Farm
12-18-2006, 06:31 AM
Beat ya by 7 minutes ICE.

TacklingDummy
12-18-2006, 06:44 AM
He's been one of the best QBs in the NFL since the bye... There is no denying that.

Im glad Marv wasn't reading this message board where a few "fans" were calling for JP to be benched after the bye.

X-Era
12-18-2006, 06:54 AM

I am very impressed. It takes a big man.....

:posrep:

patmoran2006
12-18-2006, 06:56 AM
if your man enough to rip someone, man up enough to say you were wrong.. My issue was mainly his lack of "intangibles" and he's clearly developing them now.

X-Era
12-18-2006, 07:00 AM
:drive: With a passer rating of 88.5, he's leapfrogged Brady and Brunell... And settled in just behind Bulger and Rivers.

To take this a bit farther, anyone care to give us your version of a great year by JP NEXT year? Heres what Im thinking:

450 attempts, 62% completions, 3000+ yards, 20 TD's 10 int's

That puts him in the top 10 of QB's stat wise.

X-Era
12-18-2006, 07:10 AM
if your man enough to rip someone, man up enough to say you were wrong.. My issue was mainly his lack of "intangibles" and he's clearly developing them now.

I have ripped, hell we all have, it gets ridiculous sometimes. Im ALWAYS willing to say Im wrong. In fact, Im going out and backtracking on one of my main statements thus far:

I was wrong when I said the Bills dont have enough talent to be a playoff team.

I think the truth was they just werent playing like a team, and it took half the year for our QB to get it.

Now, I still believe adding playmakers will help this team. TE, WR, RB (im still very weary of McGahee). And yes, add the RIGHT guys on the line. Not more bodys just to do it, but guys that can be solid backups (make the team) or start day one

WR is one that will be hotly debated around here. Its not that our WR corp isnt good enough to me. Its that we probably dont have that #2 that will command attention and keep Evans open. But yes, Reed has played nice, Id like him as a slot guy. Peerless made some nice catches, maybe a #3. I want that explosive type guy as our #2 Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn Jr, Robert Meachem, Paul Williams.

I seriously believe we are in need of a new RB and thats our top priority. Im holding out hope that Willis will still become what we need, but Im fading fast on him. I think Mike Bush drops into the 2nd, the guy is 6' 3" 247 pounds!!!!!! and runs a 4.5 40. he has all the talent you need at RB! Im just sick of our Rb going down by the shoestrings. Imagine trying to bring this guy down.

Even if McGahee stays, whats wrong with adding a Brandon Jacobs type.

ICE74129
12-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Beat ya by 7 minutes ICE.LOL merge them:jam:

ICE74129
12-18-2006, 07:16 AM
To take this a bit farther, anyone care to give us your version of a great year by JP NEXT year? Heres what Im thinking:

450 attempts, 62% completions, 3000+ yards, 20 TD's 10 int's

That puts him in the top 10 of QB's stat wise.

62% 3300, 24/12

YardRat
12-18-2006, 07:22 AM

Double-digit victories, a division title and the play-off berth that goes with it.

Romes
12-18-2006, 07:24 AM
Double-digit victories, a division title and the play-off berth that goes with it.

Exactly. I could care less about stats. A good year from JP = playoffs.

edit: this is in reference to next year. This year I wanted to see development and leadership abilities. He has shown that.

don137
12-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Best rating in the division...If you look way down at #29 is Harrington..

HAMMER
12-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Im glad Marv wasn't reading this message board where a few "fans" were calling for JP to be benched after the bye.

I find it funny that Icee Pop backed Losman through thick and thin, then abandoned him on the side of the road around the bye, and now Losman is lighting it up. Good job Coach Ice. Your superior knowledge sure showed through didn't it? You are a great evaluator of talent, I bet the top Pop Warner team in the league will come knocking soon.
:bow:

ICE74129
12-18-2006, 08:36 AM
I find it funny that Icee Pop backed Losman through thick and thin, then abandoned him on the side of the road around the bye, and now Losman is lighting it up. Good job Coach Ice. Your superior knowledge sure showed through didn't it? You are a great evaluator of talent, I bet the top Pop Warner team in the league will come knocking soon.
:bow:

I have been one of JP's staunchest supporters. I did feel he was about at the point we needed to sit him at one point. that said, I have been called everything in the book for my support of JP so again, like all your posts, this post holds no water.

And yes I have greatly superior knowledge than most here on the game of football. I can't help you are hyper sensitive about it.

Saratoga Slim
12-18-2006, 08:39 AM
PLAYOFFS!!! PLAYOFFS!!! PLAYOFFS!!!

I don't care how we get it, wild card or division winner. All I care about is if he gets us there. Stats wise, I don't need to see Peyton Manning numbers. If he plays like he has since the bye week, that'll be fine for me. If we can amp up our running game a bit, and know that JP can makea handful of plays a game to keep defenses honest, that'll be fine by me.

YardRat
12-18-2006, 08:39 AM
And yes I have greatly superior knowledge than most here on the game of football. I can't help you are hyper sensitive about it.

Nice to meet you, Mr. Bill Walsh. The pleasure is all yours.

HAMMER
12-18-2006, 09:35 AM
I have been one of JP's staunchest supporters. I did feel he was about at the point we needed to sit him at one point. that said, I have been called everything in the book for my support of JP so again, like all your posts, this post holds no water.

Staunch support until about week 9, then you gave up on him, don't try to backpedal now, it's too late.

TacklingDummy
12-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Staunch support until about week 9, then you gave up on him, don't try to backpedal now, it's too late.

Ice wasn't the only JP homer calling for JP to be benched. Philgape was another.

ublinkwescore
12-18-2006, 01:25 PM
I have ripped, hell we all have, it gets ridiculous sometimes. Im ALWAYS willing to say Im wrong. In fact, Im going out and backtracking on one of my main statements thus far:

I think the truth was they just werent playing like a team, and it took half the year for our QB to get it.

I don't know that the talent is quite where it could be though.

I will say, we've got the talent now to make the playoffs - it's just at the beginning of the season, we didn't have the experience with in the employed systems to get there - now that this team has some games under it's belt, you can see we've definitely got the talent to make the playoffs - but I don't think that talent is where it needs to be to win it all - I think we'd be eliminated no later than a divisional playoff game.

Mr. Miyagi
12-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Anything else?

A SuperBowl ring, league MVP, undefeated season, an Oscar and an Olympic gold medal?

kernowboy
12-18-2006, 03:11 PM

Now, I still believe adding playmakers will help this team. TE, WR, RB (im still very weary of McGahee). And yes, add the RIGHT guys on the line. Not more bodys just to do it, but guys that can be solid backups (make the team) or start day one

WR is one that will be hotly debated around here. Its not that our WR corp isnt good enough to me. Its that we probably dont have that #2 that will command attention and keep Evans open. But yes, Reed has played nice, Id like him as a slot guy. Peerless made some nice catches, maybe a #3. I want that explosive type guy as our #2 Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn Jr, Robert Meachem, Paul Williams.

I seriously believe we are in need of a new RB and thats our top priority. Im holding out hope that Willis will still become what we need, but Im fading fast on him. I think Mike Bush drops into the 2nd, the guy is 6' 3" 247 pounds!!!!!! and runs a 4.5 40. he has all the talent you need at RB! Im just sick of our Rb going down by the shoestrings. Imagine trying to bring this guy down.

Even if McGahee stays, whats wrong with adding a Brandon Jacobs type.

TJ Duckett, 6ft 254lbs, free agent at the end of the season

SABURZFAN
12-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Ice wasn't the only JP homer calling for JP to be benched. Philgape was another.

:laughter:

Michael82
12-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Exactly! There are many of us who never jumped off the JP Losman bandwagon and called for his benching at the bye. ICE was one of us for a while, but he jumped off the wagon at the bye week.

YardRat
12-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Anything else?

A SuperBowl ring, league MVP, undefeated season, an Oscar and an Olympic gold medal?

Jeez...I hope you're not insinuating that my expectations are too high.

Next year I expect the play-offs. Eventually...yeah, a Super Bowl. That's the point, isn't it?

ParanoidAndroid
12-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I wish New England was next! Damn.

SABURZFAN
12-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Exactly! There are many of us who never jumped off the JP Losman bandwagon and called for his benching at the bye. ICE was one of us for a while, but he jumped off the wagon at the bye week.

yeah...he jumped off and landed on his head.now he thinks he knows more than everybody in here. :laughter:

raphael120
12-18-2006, 11:29 PM

and its cool because those stats are skewed by the fact that 2 of those QB's arent starters anymore and have no chance to get worse/better, most likely worse for Huard...

JP when you take away the non-starting QB's from that list, he's really #7.

Let's see if by the end of the season he'll crack the top 5...would be nice.

ICE74129
12-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Nice to meet you, Mr. Bill Walsh. The pleasure is all yours.

You dont have to be anywhere near the smarts of Bill walsh to be lightyears smarter than most here, trust me on this.

ICE74129
12-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Staunch support until about week 9, then you gave up on him, don't try to backpedal now, it's too late.I have never gave up on him, maybe he needed to sit, maybe not. They didn't and it payed off. I am not trying to back out of anything there hammy.

ICE74129
12-19-2006, 09:43 AM

Us? I have been a supporter of JP from the begining. Again try to read and comprehend, I said it might be good to sit him for awhile and let him regroup. that isn't off the bandwagon by any means.

ICE74129
12-19-2006, 09:44 AM
:laughter: What are you laughing at slappy? You have a ton of crow to eat if you ever man up to it.

ICE74129
12-19-2006, 09:44 AM
yeah...he jumped off and landed on his head.now he thinks he knows more than everybody in here. :laughter:I always have. Again go ask someone for a pair and man up.

justasportsfan
12-19-2006, 09:56 AM

I always said to keep JP in there til' the season ends and I'm not a pop warner coach. I was RIGHT you were WRONG = I know more than you do. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
12-19-2006, 11:10 AM
One big reason for JP's success, particularly at this time of the year, is his tremendous arm.

I once posted the thought that one of the reasons the Bills were so interested in JP was that he had the kind of arm strength to beat the winds and foul weather in the Ralph - and at least one poster tried to tell me that wasn't really important.

I hope that everyone who has downplayed the importance of having a cannon as an AFCE QB - not only because of the Ralph, but for games in NY and NE as well - watched, or attended, the game Sunday.

JP was great, because he could throw in the wind and rain. Harrington, with a lesser arm, couldn't get it done at all.

The winds, and snow, and ice, and rain in the Ralph are major reasons why we stayed away from some of the glamorboy QBs, including Leinart. Average-armed QBs, regardless of their great accomplishments in Southern California or Texas, are not going to make it here.

JP is.

djjimkelly
12-19-2006, 11:12 AM

yeah that is being a big man i do have to say ive been on JPs tip from day you could see he had the tools just needed the chance and faith in playcalling

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Us? I have been a supporter of JP from the begining. Again try to read and comprehend, I said it might be good to sit him for awhile and let him regroup. that isn't off the bandwagon by any means.I'll stick up for ICE here... He made a thread something like "OK... sit him... but..." (ICE, why don't you dig up that thread).

He didn't give up on JP. He did think it was time to sit him... For about a minute and a half as I recall.

I wouldn't exactly put him in the "never wavered" category like some other's of us... But... He didn't bash. That's a huge distinction. He never joined forces with the likes of TD, SAB, Scottlaw and others (I wouldn't include Bling because he's just a fin fan troll).

SABURZFAN
12-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Us? I have been a supporter of JP from the begining. Again try to read and comprehend, I said it might be good to sit him for awhile and let him regroup. that isn't off the bandwagon by any means.

paging mr. kerry.....paging mr. john kerry.

SABURZFAN
12-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I'll stick up for ICE here... He made a thread something like "OK... sit him... but..." (ICE, why don't you dig up that thread).

He didn't give up on JP. He did think it was time to sit him... For about a minute and a half as I recall.

I wouldn't exactly put him in the "never wavered" category like some other's of us... But... He didn't bash. That's a huge distinction. He never joined forces with the likes of TD, SAB, Scottlaw and others (I wouldn't include Bling because he's just a fin fan troll).

no matter how you slice it,he fell off of the wagon.at least you,Philster,Mikey,and a couple others stood pat.ICE and a few other john kerry's cried like chicken little and thought the sky was falling.

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2006, 05:41 PM
no matter how you slice it,he fell off of the wagon.at least you,Philster,Mikey,and a couple others stood pat.ICE and a few other john kerry's cried like chicken little and thought the sky was falling.LOL... I'll give you the bass flip... But the flop landed him right back onto the bandwagon.

Tatonka
12-19-2006, 05:55 PM

that was one of your best posts ever..

:roflmao:

good work.

njsue
12-19-2006, 05:56 PM
So it was said that it would take 18 games to see if JP Losman would answer the Bills ? at the QB Position.

JP has in a positive way.

:gobills:

Tatonka
12-19-2006, 06:00 PM

best stats i have seen.

Tatonka
12-19-2006, 06:07 PM
I'll stick up for ICE here... He made a thread something like "OK... sit him... but..." (ICE, why don't you dig up that thread).

thats how i recall it. i would still call ICE a supporter though.

there were very few of us who actually didnt budge on JP. I saw him struggle, but i always thought he should be the qb playing and always felt that playing was the only way he would improve. i HOPED he would play better sooner than he did.. but i always felt that no matter what, he had to play, and he really wasnt "behind" in the amount of time it took him to look like an nfl qb.

i was the guy who referred to drew brees and about 10 other great qbs to show the fact that jp was always par for the course on his developement.

SABURZFAN
12-19-2006, 06:17 PM
i would still call ICE a supporter though.

jock strap is more appropriate. :up: