PDA

View Full Version : McGahee hangs tough

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Running back Willis McGahee threw up last week against the New York Jets. He almost got knocked out by the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. A helmet-to-helmet collision with Miami middle linebacker Zach Thomas separated McGahee from the ball and, at least temporarily, his senses. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061218/1034314.asp)

Saratoga Slim
12-18-2006, 08:22 AM
I'll give him some props. I've criticized him as not being a real team player, and I still think there's some truth to that. But dude deserves some credit for battling yesterday. He fought for some tough yards, especially at the end of the game.

ICE74129
12-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Running back Willis McGahee threw up last week against the New York Jets. He almost got knocked out by the Miami Dolphins on Sunday. A helmet-to-helmet collision with Miami middle linebacker Zach Thomas separated McGahee from the ball and, at least temporarily, his senses. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20061218/1034314.asp)

How can he lose what he never had?

justasportsfan
12-18-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm slowly losing faith in Willis. I was thinking that the A-Train couldv'e had those nos. or even better if he got the no. of reps Willis got for way less money. I wonder if he and Rosenass would dare ask for a new contract next offseason. He isn't worth anything right now.

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Uh?

Why? After the way he played yesterday, getting tough yards after being hurt was impressive.

justasportsfan
12-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Uh?

Why? After the way he played yesterday, getting tough yards after being hurt was impressive.

After watching guys like Drew-Jones or Barber who are both rookies and the likes of Cadillac Williams , I'm starting to wonder if he can even be consistent. Sure he played a tough D, but he did have twinkle toes a few plays. Even if they were tough yards, I'm almost sure Thomas could've had those yards as well.

If Willis can't have a great game against a no. 2 team, will he be consistent enough if we had to play good D's when we make playoffs.

As far as getting hurt. You have to start wondering if he's durable enough to finish an entire season without getting hurt.

Dr. Lecter
12-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Thomas ran the ball and did not gain the yards like Willis did, when needed. Look at Willis' running after Parrish almost blew the shutout.

And Cadillac has been terrible this year.

And any RB would have been KO'd with the hit he took.

Willis has played through broken ribs and being knocked silly yesterday. He is a tough guy and is by far the best RB this team has. The Bills, after re-sigining Nate and hopefully Fletcher should try to extend Willis in the offseason.

Kerr
12-18-2006, 09:00 AM
You could say a lot of things about Mcgahee, but you can't deny that he's one tough mother.

justasportsfan
12-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Thomas ran the ball and did not gain the yards like Willis did, when needed. Look at Willis' running after Parrish almost blew the shutout.

Willis has played through broken ribs and being knocked silly yesterday. He is a tough guy and is by far the best RB this team has. The Bills, after re-sigining Nate and hopefully Fletcher should try to extend Willis in the offseason.I ain't impressed. He's been in the league for how long now and yet he's mediocre at best.

Cadillac sucks? Maybe he does but he sure doesn't have a qb to help open up the pass. What about the rookies I mentioned?

The A-Train can catch better coming from the backfield. I haven't lost faith in Willis yet but he hasn't showed me anything either. I like Willis but I'm not gonna be a homer about it, JP is definitely improving but you can't say the same about Willis.

He isn't a rb that you want to go to the playoffs with.

RockStar36
12-18-2006, 10:04 AM
I ain't impressed. He's been in the league for how long now and yet he's mediocre at best.

Cadillac sucks? Maybe he does but he sure doesn't have a qb to help open up the pass. What about the rookies I mentioned?

The A-Train can catch better coming from the backfield. I haven't lost faith in Willis yet but he hasn't showed me anything either. I like Willis but I'm not gonna be a homer about it, JP is definitely improving but you can't say the same about Willis.

He isn't a rb that you want to go to the playoffs with.

Jones-Drew is a rookie. Barber isn't. Please get the facts right before arguing a point.

And how does Willis get knocked for fumbling when he took a helmet to helmet hit from Zach Thomas, yet A-Train didn't get knocked last week when he fumbled.

Willis is as tough as they come. He's a good RB. He puts his body on the line consistently to help this team. If he didn't want to be in Buffalo he would just sit on the sidelines and use his injuries as an excuse.

ICE74129
12-18-2006, 10:07 AM

Willis has played through broken ribs and being knocked silly yesterday. He is a tough guy and is by far the best RB this team has. The Bills, after re-sigining Nate and hopefully Fletcher should try to extend Willis in the offseason.

willis shouldn't even be in there. Jauron GAVE him his job back after injury. A Train was out performing Willis at that time.

Willis isnt' worth the headache nor money. Willis isn't a top 10 back and a replacement can be had that will be AS effective in the 2nd round of this upcoming draft.

RockStar36
12-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Oh come on. He has 109 yards on 28 carries against Indy, the WORST run D in the league. Willis would have torched them.

justasportsfan
12-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Jones-Drew is a rookie. Barber isn't. Please get the facts right before arguing a point. .
My bad, didn't know MArion Barber wasn't a rookie. But he sure is playing better than Willis being in his 2ND year.

And how does Willis get knocked for fumbling when he took a helmet to helmet hit from Zach Thomas, yet A-Train didn't get knocked last week when he fumbled.

Willis is as tough as they come. He's a good RB. He puts his body on the line consistently to help this team. If he didn't want to be in Buffalo he would just sit on the sidelines and use his injuries as an excuse.
Show me where I faulted him for the fumble. I look at his entire carreer and SO FAR he hasn't shown that he's a playoff RB that you can depend on.

I've always been a Willis supporter and still am. BUt next year is his contract year and if he wants to hold out, let him walk. He hasn't played well enough or conistently enough to even say he's a weapon. All he's done is be a ball control type of back his entire career.

I want a weapon who can carry this team every game in the playoffs and he hasn't shown he can do it in regular season games, I doubt he can be i the playoffs. If our running game is a weapon, it makes JP even more dangerous.

Drew Bledsoe proved he can be a decent regular season qb but we all knew he wasn't gonna do anything if we even went to the playoffs which is why we got rid of his arse. Willis is starting to fit in that mold and I'm not gonna be a homer about it. He needs to step up his game.

Henry was just as tough and we got rid of him.