PDA

View Full Version : Flex scheduling

Bill Brasky
12-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Can the NFL still move the start time of the Ten/Buf game this sunday? Or does it have to be done 2 weeks in advance?

Who wouldda thunk this game would mean something? :jam:

YardRat
12-18-2006, 08:28 AM
The flexible-scheduling plan includes Weeks 10 to 15 and Week 17 of the NFL schedule. Only games scheduled originally as Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night. The flex plan does not apply to games on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

During Weeks 10-15, league rules require an advanced notice of no later than 12 days prior to that weekend to move a game to Sunday night. During Week 17, the selection of a Sunday night game can be cut to six days -- the league has said the idea is to aim for a night game with playoff implications.

The league has also said CBS and Fox can protect a total of five games in the seven weeks of flex scheduling -- but not more than one game in any week.

http://www.nbcsports.com/flex/index.html

It appears next week's games aren't part of the plan anyway.

Bill Brasky
12-18-2006, 08:32 AM
hmmm, weird. thanks.

OpIv37
12-18-2006, 08:33 AM
CBS already announced that it will be at 1 pm so I don't think they can change it at this point.

Oh, and it won't be in HD for the 6th straight week :fit:

BlackMetalNinja
12-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, no Sunday night game this week, there are two games on Xmas Day instead. The game shall not be moved!

RockStar36
12-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Unless I'm missing something I could see the Bills/Ravens being moved if the game still has implications for both teams.

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Unless I'm missing something I could see the Bills/Ravens being moved if the game still has implications for both teams.
yeah, but that wasn't the question...it was this week's game

RockStar36
12-18-2006, 09:58 AM
yeah, but that wasn't the question...it was this week's game

I just figured I'd mention the Raven game since I'm pretty sure the game can't be moved now that it's less than a week away.

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 09:58 AM
I just figured I'd mention the Raven game since I'm pretty sure the game can't be moved now that it's less than a week away.
we'll find out about that today or tomorrow

Historian
12-18-2006, 10:13 AM
They're not going to do that on Christmas eve.

New Year's eve maybe...but not Christmas.

G. Host
12-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Flexible scheding rule for Christmas week is an exception - 6 days I think.

raphael120
12-18-2006, 11:17 PM
would be nice...would give me extra time to get to the game...going to be driving 8 hours...:sigh:

CuseJetsFan83
12-19-2006, 04:50 AM
they refuse to move because of hte proximity to xmas........ thats why the flex schedule wanted this week set in stone...........

sadly the most important matchups are this week (jax/ne..... buff/ten.. nyj/mia.... cincy/den)

as for week 17, they only need 6 days...... so that means by christmas day any week 17 game can be switched around

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-19-2006, 05:55 AM
CBS already announced that it will be at 1 pm so I don't think they can change it at this point.

Oh, and it won't be in HD for the 6th straight week :fit:

I hear that Op...I know this is a constant complaint but I can't agree enough...CBS needs to get on the HD ball...fans of AFC teams are really getting screwed...

G. Host
12-19-2006, 01:42 PM
I hear that Op...I know this is a constant complaint but I can't agree enough...CBS needs to get on the HD ball...fans of AFC teams are really getting screwed...
Well maybe fans with HD receivers should pay more so that they can get more HD signals. Not everyone cares about HD.