PDA

View Full Version : How about Donahoe's Creation

IAG
12-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Tom Donahoe was fired unjustly. Look at all the moves he made that came to fuition.

He took over a mess and finally brought the team back. Look at all the players that made plays in the past few weeks. They are all players he and his staff brought in.

The guy deserves another front office job.

Why cannot Bills fans give him some props for the roster Marv and Jauron took over from.

Lets see this team's talent level in the next few years.

LtBillsFan66
12-18-2006, 11:19 AM
How about the idiots he had coaching? He shouldn't get a pass for that.

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Tom Donahoe was fired unjustlyBull****...he was a PR nightmare...he was basically saying **** the fans...and he wouldn't hire a coach with any balls

Why cannot Bills fans give him some props for the roster selective reading on your part...we have given him props for some of the players on the roster

Lets see this team's talent level in the next few years.Yes...let's...look at the recent draft under Levy and Modrak...a lot of young players stepping up and making plays...drafted by Levy and Modrak

Mudflap1
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Donahoe sucked. He was here for years and this team didn't win. I'd like to think that once a new regime took over, there were SOME players and SOME things that you could look back on and say he didn't totally **** up. He doesn't deserve extra credit for completing part of his job.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Tom Donahoe was fired unjustly. Look at all the moves he made that came to fuition.

He took over a mess and finally brought the team back. Look at all the players that made plays in the past few weeks. They are all players he and his staff brought in.

Why cannot Bills fans give him some props for the roster Marv and Jauron took over from.

Forget about this guy already. He made some good moves and he is gone. Why keep bringing him up?

Romes
12-18-2006, 11:24 AM

Tom, is that you?

Mitchy moo
Forget about this guy already. He made some good moves and he is gone. Why keep bringing him up?

He is TD, that's why.

BAM
Screw TD.

He made a few good moves, but forget about him.

IAG
12-18-2006, 11:25 AM
History should be written correctly. Bills fans bash, but should see through the "trees". The guy did a good job with roster with that nit-wit owner looking over his shoulder. For a GM and Prez that did not get to have big bonus money, he did well.

IAG
12-18-2006, 11:25 AM
History should be written correctly. Bills fans bash, but should see through the "trees". The guy did a good job with roster with that nit-wit owner looking over his shoulder. For a GM and Prez that did not get to have big bonus money, he did well.

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 11:26 AM
No one is saying he wasn't any good at getting talented players...but he was a screwup when it came to hiring coaches and alienated fans

Mr B
12-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Fired unjustly? Now way... It's hard to screw up a draft when you are picking in the top 10 year after year. Oh wait, he screwed that up too. He did a fine job helping he Pats build a SB team too, while sinking the Bills with the Beldsoe trade. I bet he still gets Christmas cards from the Pats front office.

BuffaloBlakely14
12-18-2006, 11:30 AM

I agree that Donahoe does deserve some credit for the talent and the core of the team that he brought to our team, but they would have never turned into what they are now or come together like they have this year under his regime.

He was a control freak, and an ego maniac who turned people off, ruined relations for the Bills both between players and organizations around the league. He continually thought he was the smartest person in the NFL, and had no quams about letting people know it. There was just a bad vibe about the Bills under his leadership. Great players left, and left with a bad taste in their mouth, and had no problem telling anyone that would listen, how bad the organization was under him. I remember an interview with Pat Williams where he said something like he would still be a Bill if Marv had been there earlier.

There is no doubting Donahoe's ability to scout, and spot talent. Also one key thing to remember is that Modrak is also well reknowned around the league as a top talent eye. And he is in some circles talked about as being the real genius behind the Toms, in both Philly and Pitt...and now in Buffalo. I think this years draft proves that. I think what we now have is one of the most complete front offices and coaching staffs in the league. With Marv we have a proven, knowledgeable NFL veteran who is nothing but class, knows talent and values character and loyalty in an organization, and who you can find nothing bad about, from either a player or another front office personnel around the league. In Modrak we have the talent genius, who unlike Donahoe wants no spotlight, just wants to do his job, and lay low and let Marv deal with the public eye stuff. Then in Jauron we have a veteran coach who players absolutely LOVE and want to play for. There hasnt been a present or past player in the league that has had anything but the utmost respect for Jauron. The most telling thing I have heard is Willis saying that they believe in him and just wish that they could have started winnning more for him a the beginning of the season, not that I have anything against Willis, but to hear HIM say something like this really makes me think he is an amazing coach. The entire front office knows what it takes to win, and have the confidence to make decisions and stick by them.

I like where we are headed and think that no matter what happens this year, this season has been a success and has set us up for '07.

LtBillsFan66
12-18-2006, 11:32 AM
He took Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish too high.

more cowbell
12-18-2006, 11:34 AM
he made some good moves and drafted a lot of the great players on our roster. he also found a lot of good players late in the draft (mcgee) or undrafted (peters). But with that being said the guy was an A-Hole and hired some real crappy coaches.

P.S. every single one of Marv Levy's draft picks have STARTED on the team this year (except for brad butler) and were 7-7.....

why cant people just be happy for once that the team is finally headed in the right direction no matter who the coach/qb/GM/Waterboy is?

go bills!

BillsNick
12-18-2006, 11:34 AM
What is this, Filthy stinking TROLL day in here? Jesus.

LtBillsFan66
12-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Do you credit TD for the Steelers Super Bowl too?

The_Philster
What is this, Filthy stinking TROLL day in here? Jesus.
gives us someone to spread negrep to while we're busy posrepping the Fish fans who are giving kudos and props for yesterday :idunno:

I mean...look at this old gem
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1334041&postcount=27

OpIv37
why so much loyalty to a GM who managed 1 winning season in 6 years and has had us in a rebuilding mode for all of the 2000's so far?

Donahoe did make some good moves from time to time, but his coaching selections were horrendous and he couldnt' consistently put a winner on the field. He was fired with just cause.

YardRat
12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
TD was OK at buying the groceries...he didn't know squat about hiring a chef, though.

justasportsfan
12-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Tom Donahoe was fired unjustly.

NO, his mistakes were bigger than the right things he did. If he was still here we'd still have Moolarkey and we'd have miami's O that played yesterday.

OpIv37
12-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Let's not forget the 2002 draft, which may be the worst one in Bills history. We'll let that one go when we no longer have any dead cap courtesy of that fat POS Mike Williams.

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Let's not forget the 2001 draft, which may be the worst one in Bills history. We'll let that one go when we no longer have any dead cap courtesy of that fat POS Mike Williams.
2002 was the Mike Williams draft

HHURRICANE
12-18-2006, 12:45 PM

Mr Donohoe please stop posting on the Billszone website. I believe Ellison, Whitner, Simpson, Fowler, and Royal were not pickups you made!!!

OpIv37
12-18-2006, 12:53 PM
2002 was the Mike Williams draft

fixed- anyway- the point holds true- TD had some terrible drafts and we're still paying the price for it.

IAG
12-18-2006, 01:15 PM
HEY HHurricane are you kidding me? You can take Ellison, Whitner, Simpson and Mel Fowler. Do you know why the Bills won yesterday?

* TD took a chance on Losman
* TD uncovered a huge weapon perhaps the Bills best weapon in Moorman
* Fletcher is his pick up over Sam Cowart. Remember that "controversy"
* McGahee is a workhorse
* Lee Evans is a Steve Smith in waiting
* Jason Peters is an undrafted FA gem
* Aaron Schobel is stud
* Nate Clements and McGee

So, you can take Donte' Whitner and Pervis errrr Keith Ellison and I will take the Pro Bowlers Tom drafted and signed via Free Agency.

OpIv37
12-18-2006, 01:19 PM
HEY HHurricane are you kidding me? You can take Ellison, Whitner, Simpson and Mel Fowler. Do you know why the Bills won yesterday?

* McGahee is a workhorse
* Aaron Schobel is stud

So, you can take Donte' Whitner and Pervis errrr Keith Ellison and I will take the Pro Bowlers Tom drafted and signed via Free Agency.

well TD's coaching selections had those tools as well, but couldn't win with them. What does that tell you about TD's coaches? Or the supporting cast that TD gave these guys compared to the supporting cast they have now?

In the NFL it's all about wins. In TD's 6 years here, we had one winning season, one .500 season, and 4 losing seasons. That's not good enough.

LtBillsFan66
12-18-2006, 01:21 PM

* McGahee is a workhorse
* Aaron Schobel is stud

That's all great. Any decent GM would have had the same results more or less. You are cherry picking all of TD's successes. How about his miserable failures, like coaching?

IAG
12-18-2006, 01:25 PM
You guys are amazing. By the way did you all torch John Butler and A. J. Smith when Ralph kicked them out the door? Or how about Bill Pollian?

TD like it or not built this team talent-wise (do not forget your special teams coach who is the best in the business). He also get a lot of credit for helping build Pittsburgh...Drafting Hines Ward, Joey Porter and stealing a HOF RB Bettis.

I guess the rubber will meet the road when TD is picked up by another franchise and gets to pick players again.

When TD is drafting Pro Bowlers and Marv is drafting safeties in the top 10, maybe you guys will come around.

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 01:30 PM
I guess the rubber will meet the road when TD is picked up by another franchise and gets to pick players again.
I don't think Modrak will be following him to make your God look smarter than he is :coocoo:

raphael120
12-18-2006, 01:32 PM
You guys are amazing. By the way did you all torch John Butler and A. J. Smith when Ralph kicked them out the door? Or how about Bill Pollian?

TD like it or not built this team talent-wise (do not forget your special teams coach who is the best in the business). He also get a lot of credit for helping build Pittsburgh...Drafting Hines Ward, Joey Porter and stealing a HOF RB Bettis.

When TD is drafting Pro Bowlers and Marv is drafting safeties in the top 10, maybe you guys will come around.

:negrep:

dude...what are you ON!?

OpIv37
12-18-2006, 01:36 PM

did we win when TD was here? NO.

Conversation over.

scott51
12-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Tom Donahoe is a total jerk! Sure, he brought in some good players but he :drive:this team straight into the ground! I met him a couple times and he was a real A*****e both times. I can't believe people are still talking about him!

IAG
12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Respond to your owner canning the man that drafted LT and Drew Brees in the same draft. Maybe Mr. Butler (rest his soul) did not want a jack a** as an owner.

AJ is executive of the year by the way. He has a monster on his hands in SD.

OpIv37
12-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Respond to your owner canning the man that drafted LT and Drew Brees in the same draft. Maybe Mr. Butler (rest his soul) did not want a jack a** as an owner.

AJ is executive of the year by the way. He has a monster on his hands in SD.

and maybe Mr. Butler left us with a QB controversy and a cap situation that led to a 3-13 season.

But you've already made it clear that you don't judge a GM's success by wins, so I guess we shouldn't expect you to be bothered by double-digit losses.

justasportsfan
12-18-2006, 01:57 PM

The redskins haven't been successful with an all pro line-up. I don't care who TD drafted or signed. It's all about the W which he couldn't achieve.

IAG
12-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Why can't you bring yourself to simply say he helped put this team in a position to win this year and maybe was cut short prematurely...

Historian
12-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Save the Postage, IAG.

Philagape
12-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Simple answer: TD's botches outweighed his hits.

LtBillsFan66
12-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Why can't you bring yourself to simply say he helped put this team in a position to win this year and maybe was cut short prematurely...
Because he didn't really. Yeah some of his players are doing well with the coaching staff we have now, but who knows what would have happened if he was still here.

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Why can't you bring yourself to simply say he helped put this team in a position to win this year and maybe was cut short prematurely...we've given him what credit he deserves...but one has to wonder if it was him or Modrak behind it
cut short prematurely? :rofl: That's an idiotic thing to say to say the least...we're Bills fans here for the most part...the only thing that idiot could do right was evaluate talent...and that's the bottom line

BuffaloBlakely14
12-18-2006, 02:28 PM

I am pretty sure that is what I said in a level headed and thought out post, that you have yet to respond to, which doesnt surprise me, because you seem to ignore the posts that might actually prove that letting him ride was the right thing to do.

Philagape
12-18-2006, 02:38 PM
A passionate defense of Tom Donahoe .....

Tom

Donahoe .....

Tom frikkin Donahoe.....

:dizzy:

Philagape
12-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Tom .........

Philagape
12-18-2006, 02:39 PM
........... frikkin ................

Philagape
12-18-2006, 02:40 PM
........... Donahoe

HHURRICANE

* McGahee is a workhorse
* Aaron Schobel is stud

Mr. Donohoe:

Every team is going to get good players in a 5 year era. Let's not forget that he drafted Henry, than drafted McGahee to replace him. Wasted pick. He traded picks to get Bledsoe only to cut Bledsoe. He drafted Williams only to have Williams cut in the off season and we are still paying for the cap hit.
We are 7-7 not 11-3 so I'm not sure why you are patting yourself so hard on the back!!

Philagape
:puke:

Philagape
12-18-2006, 02:41 PM
I'm going to have nightmares tonight

kernowboy
12-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Overall while he added some good players, a lot of his drafts were shockingly poor.

In 2003, we overpaid for McGahee, took Kelsay who has been average, done well with Crowell and McGee and had nothing R5 thorough R7. A 50% pass

In 2004, we did get Evans, but TD and Mularky did everything they could to ruin JP so Marv and Dick get credit here. Nothing else came from this draft. A 33% draft

In 2005, he's given us a small WR, a very poor TE, a back up C/G, a smurf CB, a cut G and a RB who again couldn't cut it. When you look at who we missed this draft was pathetic.

and compared to what Marv/Dick did in their first draft ... TD deserves a little credit but no more than that.

Philagape
12-18-2006, 02:43 PM
The man who gave us Mike Williams ... Drew Bledsoe ... Gregg Williams .... Mike Moolarkey ..... Kevin Gilbride .....

:hang:

justasportsfan
12-18-2006, 03:01 PM
If TD knew what he was doing we would've been in the payoffs a long time ago.

Prematurely after 6 years? We're the only team in the AFCE that hasn't been to the playoffs in this decde. Should we dumb that further for you to understand?

more cowbell
12-18-2006, 04:19 PM
hey the bills just shut out the dolphins yesterday does anyone care?

IAG
12-18-2006, 05:05 PM
If we want to talk about coaches that came into the organization on his walk how about Bobby April? Dick LeBeau? Fairchild, McNally, Jerry Grey etc.

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 05:07 PM
If we want to talk about coaches that came into the organization on his walk how about Bobby April? Dick LeBeau? Fairchild, McNally, Jerry Grey etc.
sun shines on even a dog's ass

IAG
12-18-2006, 05:14 PM
You all are bitter...

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 05:19 PM
You all are bitter...
No...we just aren't kissing his ass and actually know a little bit about what he did and didn't do.

IAG
12-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Kissing his what? Hey, from all the posts you seem sooo knowledgable. You will be of the bangwagon lightening fast when this team blows a game.

Can you finally answer this? Do you hold your crusty owner responsible for getting rid of John Butler and AJ? OR did you kick them out the door too?

ICE74129
12-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Kissing his what? Hey, from all the posts you seem sooo knowledgable. You will be of the bangwagon lightening fast when this team blows a game.

Can you finally answer this? Do you hold your crusty owner responsible for getting rid of John Butler and AJ? OR did you kick them out the door too?

STFU already moron. tom donahoe was the single biggest mistake in this franchises history.

OpIv37
12-18-2006, 05:29 PM

Can you finally answer this? Why would we keep Butler after he gave us a QB controversy and a cap situation that lead to a 3-13 season? Apparently you don't want to hold people responsible for their actions- you just want to keep giving them chance after chance.

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 05:31 PM

Finally? I answered it already...you've just been too busy spewing idiotic troll posts to pay any attention. How was Ralph supposed to keep Butler when Butler refused to negotiate a contract extension? His contract was up at the end of the season ...word was, he apparently already had been talking with the Chargers before the season even started. And AJ...no one got rid of him....he had his dick stuck so far up Butler's ass he refused to even interview for the open GM job
But hey...don't let facts get in the way of your asinine posts...apparently your interest is only in getting laughed at

IAG
12-18-2006, 06:34 PM
Hey Phil, how do YOU know about John Butler's relationship with A.J.? You must have been in on it.

I am not getting laughed at as much as the people laughing at the picture on your post...what is uglier the two Jills on your flanks or the muffin hat on your head.

By the way, when the Bills move will finally blame Ralph?

LtBillsFan66
12-18-2006, 06:37 PM
I am not getting laughed at as much as the people laughing at the picture on your post...what is uglier the two Jills on your flanks or the muffin hat on your head.

:rofl:

Mr. Cynical
12-18-2006, 06:44 PM
:monkeyp: TD

Nuff said.

IAG
12-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Creative...

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Phil, how do YOU know about John Butler's relationship with A.J.? You must have been in on it.

By the way, when the Bills move will finally blame Ralph?
personal attacks...how unexpected...NOT :rolleyes:...try debating facts for a change
As far as your posts not drawing laughter? Look at the responses to your posts and you dwindling rep....look at mine
Nuff Said, troll

IAG
12-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Troll? Is that the chick on your left in the picture? I will give you the last word.

Happy and safe holidays...But I will not be swayed on TD's impact. How fun will be when the team he is next associated with comes to Buffalo. I will post something then?

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Troll? Is that the chick on your left in the picture? I will give you the last word.

Happy and safe holidays...But I will not be swayed on TD's impact. How fun will be when the team he is next associated with comes to Buffalo. I will post something then?
more personal attacks...you'll never be taken seriously if you can't debate like an adult

Course...if you keep up with the attacks....you won't be debating at all cause you'll be :banned:

IAG
12-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Wait a second...I extend an olive branch and you say that? I am not worried about be banned from this steller sight. Besides, I never used profanity or said anything that was not obviously sarcastic. I think you are the one that used questionable language in reference to Butler maybe you should get suspended, but I have thick skin. On the other hand, I do not think that young people's parents that come to this site would approve of your analogies

By the way, if people do not like my posts and debate me, then why are there 4 pages of 68 hits and you were my biggest taker?

The_Philster
12-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Wait a second...I extend an olive branch and you say that? I am not worried about be banned from this steller sight. Besides, I never used profanity or said anything that was not obviously sarcastic. I think you are the one that used questionable language in reference to Butler maybe you should get suspended, but I have thick skin. On the other hand, I do not think that young people's parents that come to this site would approve of your analogies

By the way, if people do not like my posts and debate me, then why are there 4 pages of 68 hits and you were my biggest taker?
you attack my friends, I take it personally..another guy on the boards (someone I used to think of as a friend) hurt one of those friends and hell will freeze over before I forgive him
as far as the questionable language regarding Butler and Smith, I apologize for that...but maybe you would've been spared reading that had you not ignored the facts that were placed in front of you prior to that. Little thing you should know about me...I get testy when I have to repeat myself

Philagape
12-18-2006, 07:47 PM
Also, with picks as high as we've had the past decade or so, any drunk homeless dropout with a two-page draft guide shoplifted from a gas station could draft some good players. A GM is defined by his busts more than his hits.