PDA

View Full Version : Titans game this week.

vinceanity
12-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Well this week will mark the meeting of two great turnaround teams both lead by their young QB's. We really did not need VY yesterday because our D had a tremendous day with TO's. Should be fun to see Henry back in buffalo and I know the Bills run D is in for a long day at the office. This game may mark the first time all yr the Bills great ST units is matched by an opponent. We get it done on ST as well. Should be fun and I hope everyone stays healthy. Look foward to week of talking football with y'all. Nice win at Miami.

BAM
12-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Welcome to Billszone bro.

Pac-Man makes me nervous.

Should be a hell of a game!

Patrick76777
12-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Well this week will mark the meeting of two great turnaround teams both lead by their young QB's. We really did not need VY yesterday because our D had a tremendous day with TO's. Should be fun to see Henry back in buffalo and I know the Bills run D is in for a long day at the office. Thsi game may mark the first time all yr the Bills great ST units is matched by an opponent. We get it done on ST as well. Should be fun and I hope everyone stays healthy. Look foward to week of talking football with ya'll.

Naw, not ready for this yet. I need at least 2 more days of enjoying this win over Miami.

Mr. Miyagi
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Welcome to Billszone bro.

Pac-Man makes me nervous.

Should be a hell of a game!
Pacman got nothing on Evans!

Patrick76777
12-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Pacman got nothing on Evans!

We should send some beer up to his room the night before the game. Then we'll send up some *****es that he can smack around.

Then he can spend christmas eve in jail. His second home.

Mr. Miyagi
12-18-2006, 11:54 AM
We should send some beer up to his room the night before the game. Then we'll send up some *****es that he can smack around.

Then he can spend christmas eve in jail. His second home.
ROFL where's FBH at??

Elminster
12-18-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm not thinking Titans...still too busy savoring the triple whammy of shutting out the 'Phish, sweeping the 'Phish, AND crushing their slim playoff hopes. It's delicious:squish:

madness
12-18-2006, 01:37 PM
What's even more interesting is both teams are winning while being in the top 5 for current strength of schedule. These teams are for real.

Saratoga Slim
12-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Naw, not ready for this yet. I need at least 2 more days of enjoying this win over Miami.

Amen to that brother.

Mr Bill
12-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Too bad they couldn't move this game to Sunday night. Game of the week in the AFC.

vinceanity
12-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Titans strength of schedule is number one in the league right now. The last 9 we are 7-2 and 5-0 since our last loss. I expect Pacman to draw Evans all day I bet the Bills try to run all day on us. I think we will try to run 40-45 times. Our TE and WR spots are pretty banged up. We should be full strength on D. The ST battle should be real fun to watch considering how good both teams are on ST.

Scumbag College
12-18-2006, 03:18 PM
This should be a damn good game this week. Two of the hottest teams in the league (I think SD, Tenn, and Philly are the hottest in the NFL right now,) both with a majority of young players, both whom most of the brilliant "experts" didn't expect much from this year.

I think it's going to be a close game, fairly low scoring.

Bills 20, Titans 17

JoeMama
12-18-2006, 03:34 PM
The Titans do absolutely nothing to scare me.

Tennessee has zero offense. They racked up a "massive" total of 90 yards against Jax -- then won thanks to bonehead plays by the Jaguars.

Vince Young isn't a gifted passer. He's like 31st in the NFL.

Young is in WAY over his head against guys like Nate Clements, Terrence McGee, Donte Whitner, & Ko Simpson.

The Titans best chance lies in the hands of Travis Henry. Gov't Cheese is still the man. He'll probably enter this game w/ a chip on his shoulder, so our spotty run defense is going to have to bring it's A game.

Regardless, expect the Bills to win big vs Tennessee.

The Titans don't match up well against the Bills.

We're better.

mchurchfie
12-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Numer one key, contain Young in the pocket and don't give him anything over the top. Make him be patient and have to dump off short all day until, he makes a mistake. We also have to have good ball protection against a very opportunistic defense in the Titans. I think that this is the week that they fall off cloud nine.

BillsNick
12-18-2006, 03:59 PM

Tennessee has zero offense. They racked up a "massive" total of 90 yards against Jax -- then won thanks to bonehead plays by the Jaguars.

Young is in WAY over his head against guys like Nate Clements, Terrence McGee, Donte Whitner, & Ko Simpson.

The Titans best chance lies in the hands of Travis Henry. Gov't Cheese is still the man. He'll probably enter this game w/ a chip on his shoulder, so our spotty run defense is going to have to bring it's A game.

We're better.

I can't help but love this post :rockout:

ShadowHawk7
12-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Personally, I think it will be a good game, but in the end, it will be one of those just frustrating days where Vince Young will scramble his way to ending our playoff hopes. I do believe we will beat the Ravens, and end at a very respectable 8-8, but I just can't see us beating the Titans.

Billzz
12-18-2006, 04:45 PM
I don't know how to feel about this game quite honestly. One side I am so pleased we are at .500 and looking forward to next year. The other side wants the playoffs so bad I can't help but think about it and read every "here is what needs to happen" thread.

Ok so with that being said, we will throw all over the Titans using play action pass in what will probably be another bad weather game. Vince Young will have a terrible passer rating aka Harrington but, he can and probably will hurt us with his legs. Hopefully we can keep him contained so he dosen't keep drives alive.

Lets face it Young is one dimensional currently. If nothing is open he simply pulls the ball down and looks for an open lane to run in. If we play smart disguising some coverages and keep a spy on him we can take that weapon away. And honestly does Travis Henry scare anyone? I mean he is capable of 100 yard games but cmon no way in hell he carries this team to a victory. If it wasn't for 3 defensive touchdowns the titans would of scored 0, THAT'S RIGHT Z-E-R-O!!!!! Young threw for like 100 yards and not sure of the other stats but they never got in the endzone.

Speaking of weather the ball will be wet and Young carries it away from his body, look for 2-3 turnovers from the rookie.

Schobel 2 sacks
Fletcher 18 tackles 1 forced fumble on Young scrambling
ST touchdown baby!!!

Bills 28
Titans 10

BTW Jaws just gave JP props for sliding under the radar and showing some great improvement, even though everyone talks about Young. That ends Sunday.

DynaPaul
12-18-2006, 04:51 PM
The Titans are definitely a sleeper team that is NOT to be taken lightly. It should be a hard fight come Sunday.

BuffaloBlakely14
12-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Titans strength of schedule is number one in the league right now. The last 9 we are 7-2 and 5-0 since our last loss. I expect Pacman to draw Evans all day I bet the Bills try to run all day on us. I think we will try to run 40-45 times. Our TE and WR spots are pretty banged up. We should be full strength on D. The ST battle should be real fun to watch considering how good both teams are on ST.

Great example of a Titans fans spewing some skewed stat, that he may have heard somewhere but really knows nothing about...

Bill's Opponents Record: 126-97
Titan's Opponents Record: 127-95

Come on man do some research before you come talking on this board. You are going to get torn up over here if you keep bringing weak stats like that.

TigerJ
12-18-2006, 05:13 PM
If you go by stats, Tennessee and Vince young still aren't very good. The Titans are winning because: 1. they are forcing turnovers and getting points off of turnovers, and 2. Vince Young is able to improvise and make plays with his feet. It's doubly important that JP take care of the ball Sunday and Buffalo's D contain Young on the ground.

Oh yeah, and shut down Travis Henry too.

evol4276
12-18-2006, 05:59 PM
this should be an interesting game of course. if we somehow dont pull out the win my wishes go to your team in making the playoffs.. i always am a fan of the underdogs for some reason? plus i can respect what you guys are doing right now. VY is going to be a fantastic QB, as much as i *****ed about him during draft time

X-Era
12-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Well this week will mark the meeting of two great turnaround teams both lead by their young QB's. We really did not need VY yesterday because our D had a tremendous day with TO's. Should be fun to see Henry back in buffalo and I know the Bills run D is in for a long day at the office. This game may mark the first time all yr the Bills great ST units is matched by an opponent. We get it done on ST as well. Should be fun and I hope everyone stays healthy. Look foward to week of talking football with y'all. Nice win at Miami.

Its a good matchup.

However, we got it done last week by BOTH yardage AND turnovers. I saw a stat of 99 total yards (you guys) vs. 388 (Jax). Now, I thank you for trouncing a playoff wild card foe, but that aint nothin special. Our teams 2 losses after the break were by a TOTAL of 4 points! 4 lowsy points, thats SD and Indy!

I honestly believe we are no joke and our last 2 outings prove it.

I think your in for a LONG day, and Id love nothing more than to force Vince and his goofy side arm to throw against NATE, the guy is a walking INT.

Its gonna be fun, but I honestly believe your squads the under-dog.

Anyways, we can disagree with respect so welcome to the best fan site on the net!!!

X-Era
12-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Numer one key, contain Young in the pocket and don't give him anything over the top. Make him be patient and have to dump off short all day until, he makes a mistake. We also have to have good ball protection against a very opportunistic defense in the Titans. I think that this is the week that they fall off cloud nine.

Our D is SOOO fast, Ithink we contain Young without trouble. Even if they dont, our D is playing lockdown ball and they cant win with just Vinces legs. Go ahead and throw it on us, watch how that works out.

vinceanity
12-18-2006, 07:43 PM
titans have lost to Indy and the Ravens by one point. And we beat Indy too once. VY wont be stopped on the ground. By air it is quite possible but I know your D cant hang with our ground game. It wont matter how bad the weather is because that is advantage VY. He does not have to throw it to hurt you he can easily kill you with his legs. That is something no AFC East QB can do. We are 7-7 for a reason

vinceanity
12-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Our D is SOOO fast, Ithink we contain Young without trouble. Even if they dont, our D is playing lockdown ball and they cant win with just Vinces legs. Go ahead and throw it on us, watch how that works out.we are 5-0 and we just won a game where VY did not get a chance to get the ball because our D scored three times and had to KO back to the Jags. We think we can win any way now. We are pretty confident team right now that knows we can win many different ways.

Billzz
12-18-2006, 08:32 PM
titans have lost to Indy and the Ravens by one point. And we beat Indy too once. VY wont be stopped on the ground. By air it is quite possible but I know your D cant hang with our ground game. It wont matter how bad the weather is because that is advantage VY. He does not have to throw it to hurt you he can easily kill you with his legs. That is something no AFC East QB can do. We are 7-7 for a reason

Miami thought the same thing until they where forced to throw because of falling behind. Your running game won't mean squat if you fall behind early, which you most likely will. I would rather see VY run like forrest gump, because eventually somone will clean his clock. That isn't a if somone does it, it is a when. Not sure if you have heard of Aaron Schobel yet or not, might want to look up his stats, starting DE 13.5 sacks.

BTW our quarterback isn't actually wearing cement shoes. He spent his entire college career scrambling for his life. The difference is the coaching staff makes him stay in the pocket to LEARN the game, ask Michael Vick how long you can be succesful as a running QB.

I am glad your team is winning and has confidence, but your going on the road, into bad weather, against another with confidence. Sorry I just do not see Vince Young having this 150+ yard on the ground.

BuffaloBlakely14
12-18-2006, 08:57 PM
we are 5-0 and we just won a game where VY did not get a chance to get the ball because our D scored three times and had to KO back to the Jags. We think we can win any way now. We are pretty confident team right now that knows we can win many different ways.

Hey you do know that the other 9 games count right?

smittyjs
12-18-2006, 10:22 PM

We're better.Then again we only got the three series during the second half, during that time we were already him RUN out the clock style offense.So don't think this is going to be a walk in the park, it will be a good game, Henry and White should be ready to go.

Stewie
12-18-2006, 10:27 PM
This game will be won by the team with the ball last.

vinceanity
12-19-2006, 05:42 AM
Miami thought the same thing until they where forced to throw because of falling behind. Your running game won't mean squat if you fall behind early, which you most likely will. I would rather see VY run like forrest gump, because eventually somone will clean his clock. That isn't a if somone does it, it is a when. Not sure if you have heard of Aaron Schobel yet or not, might want to look up his stats, starting DE 13.5 sacks.

BTW our quarterback isn't actually wearing cement shoes. He spent his entire college career scrambling for his life. The difference is the coaching staff makes him stay in the pocket to LEARN the game, ask Michael Vick how long you can be succesful as a running QB.

I am glad your team is winning and has confidence, but your going on the road, into bad weather, against another with confidence. Sorry I just do not see Vince Young having this 150+ yard on the ground.we know schobel we had his TCU cousin and cut him. As for Aaron our young LT Roos goes up against the best DE in Freeney twice a yr and he has played lights out this yr. Again saying VY is like a any Mia QB is laughable. Harrington or C-pep have no run skills compared to VY but you find that out. And so will Schobel. He wont be able to rush VY because he will have to protect his edge just like anyone else who plays us. And if he does not he will get toasted like everyother DE who thought they could sniff VY.

We also know about JP from Tulane too. We have his favorite college WR in roydell Williams. We also have this little guy named Pac Man to put on Mr Evans.

The Bills hands are going to full trying to stop this run game. The Jags are built to stop the run and you guys are not. I dont see us throwing for more than 150 yds in the air but I do see over 200 on the ground. And when you can run like we can it does not matter if it rains snows or hails. Mr fletcher better get ready to make a ton of tackles cause it is going to be down hill all day fellas

vinceanity
12-19-2006, 05:45 AM

I am glad your team is winning and has confidence, but your going on the road, into bad weather, against another with confidence. Sorry I just do not see Vince Young having this 150+ yard on the ground.yes it will. we have been down in every one of our comeback wins and we kept running the ball until we won. We did it to the skins Giants Eagles and Colts and we will do it to you too. It wont matter if we are down 21 like we were to the Giants we still knock the snot out of them on the ground.

Tinboy
12-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Stopping the run have to be our No 1 priority. Titans are running 133 yds/game so it will be a challenge.

On the other side their defense are letting up 23 poínts per game and 366 yds.

vinceanity
12-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Stopping the run have to be our No 1 priority. Titans are running 133 yds/game so it will be a challenge.

On the other side their defense are letting up 23 poínts per game and 366 yds.i would point out that in our first 5 games with KCollins as the QB we avg only 65 yds on the ground. Since VY has started we have avg over 165 yds a game.................so that 133 is not accurate right now...............our D has also improved tremendously as the yr has gone on...........its not top 5 but we have some stud players in KBulluck and Pac Man and KVB.

mybills
12-19-2006, 09:25 AM
The Titans are definitely a sleeper team that is NOT to be taken lightly. It should be a hard fight come Sunday.
I agree. I'd also like to add that they won 5 in a row, and it would be so sweet to end that run. :D

mybills
12-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Why IS pacman's helmet so big? :scratch:

vinceanity
12-19-2006, 09:39 AM
as for the Jags gaem the stats do look horrendous but you guys have to remember we had three defensive TD's all over 60 yds. That means the Jags went down deep into our end three times got no points and we had to KO right back to them. So they got the ball again. That is the reason why the stats are so skewed. I would also point out for those astute folks that the Jags had the ball for 45 min and we had it for 15 minutes. The Jags ran 86 plays to 31 for us.

That shows you just how good our D had to play. They were dead tired all day and on the field all day and the Jags only got 17 points. I would also tell you that we have held the might Colts to 14 and 17 points this yr. Our offensive philosophy is to run you into the ground and shorten the game. Most of our yardage comes in the second half when we wear out a D. Henry is a meat head and we also are gettin Lendale White back this week. He has been shelved the last three games. This game is going to test your D's manhood. We aint the best but you'll remember us after you play us. Ask you Jet and Miami folks. We barely lost to both of them with a horrendous Kerry Collins. We play either one with VY and we got two more wins. Jet fans conceeded that on the JI board. We had Miami beat but Pac Man had a 80 punt return called back in the 4th Q on a lame call. we lost 13-10 in Fla heat and Collins threw 3 picks. Go ahead and discount us. We like it. You saw how many times we have come back from the dead this yr. We love being the dog. This dog bites.

vinceanity
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Why IS pacman's helmet so big? :scratch:dreads got to fit under the lid.............

mybills
12-19-2006, 09:43 AM
dreads got to fit under the lid.............
I don't buy that. I think his head is too small. :chuckle:

BillsNick
12-19-2006, 09:51 AM
He looks like those dudes from the movie "Spaceballs"

Major Ass Hole

mybills
12-19-2006, 10:01 AM
http://www.lolcats.com/images/u/06/44/www.lolcats.com_img_60546153783297589057.jpg

vinceanity
12-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Pac off the field is a turd. But on the field he is going to drive ya'll nuts because the boy can flat out play. He is already a top 5 CB and is a ST ace. We now use him on KO and Offense the last two weeks. Pac says this week his roll is being expanded on O and ST.