X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Do this team has a slant route?

On Evans TD play, Miami went for all out blitz with zero cover. Evans and Price were the only players we sent out. I was screaming slant as soon as the ball was snapped.

I know the play went for the best result it could've had. But a good cornerback could breakup the play, even intercept the ball. A slant in this case would be a much safer play and could very well produce the same result with the speed we have. Yet, on the replay I see both Evans and Price went for straight go-route.

Just a simple observation.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Do this team has a slant route?

We've run some quick slants at times
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

JP lacks touch on short passes. And earlier in the season, the pass protection was so bad that a lot of the underneath stuff was at risk of getting tipped. Now, the pass protection is getting good enough that we should probably try to add the slants back in.

Since we haven't been running them all year, it would certainly catch the other team off guard.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        JP lacks touch on short passes. And earlier in the season, the pass protection was so bad that a lot of the underneath stuff was at risk of getting tipped. Now, the pass protection is getting good enough that we should probably try to add the slants back in.

Since we haven't been running them all year, it would certainly catch the other team off guard.
        Offguard? More like fainting.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Checking off to 'go' routes on an all-out blitz is pretty common.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
            On Evans TD play, Miami went for all out blitz with zero cover. Evans and Price were the only players we sent out. I was screaming slant as soon as the ball was snapped.

I know the play went for the best result it could've had. But a good cornerback could breakup the play, even intercept the ball. A slant in this case would be a much safer play and could very well produce the same result with the speed we have. Yet, on the replay I see both Evans and Price went for straight go-route.

Just a simple observation.
            Actually both JP and Evans stated the play was intended for the corner of the endzone so at worst on a good throw, a good corner would only had a chance to break it up. JP adjusted and threw to the other side of Evans after seeing there was no safety help and knew the corner couldn't make the play. It's total hindsight to say the slant would have been a safer play.

Comment

• Kerr
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

It would have been ideal but it's obvious jp has a lot of confidence in lee evans that he threw it where only he could adjust and catch it. That shows a lot of confidence in your receiver.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

It do, it do.

Comment

• BillsNick
                  • Jul 2003

This thread is ******ed.

Comment

Working...