• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Jauron deserves some credit

Ok, I've been hard on Jauron and at times this season he's deserved it. But right now he deserves credit. Reshuffling the OL has been a huge success. He's got rookies contributing all over the D, and Pennington isn't dominating but he's not a liability either. His overall game plans have been strong, especially since the bye.

Or, to say it more simply- the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, and the coaches are the reason for that.

In addition, the penalties have gone way down. This team committed way too many penalties early in the season, and Jauron gets some blame for that. But he also gets the credit now that it seems to have been fixed.

I didn't like hiring Jauron in the first place, and I still have some concerns about Jauron's in-game decision-making, particularly his use of challenges. I'm not 100% sold on the guy. But I have to admit that he's getting it done at the moment, and there's a chance that he could turn out to be a good coach for us.

This crow could use some BBQ sauce.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Jauron deserves some credit

A work in progress, just like the players on the field.

I hope they take a long, honest look at the challenge process during the off-season and improve on that for next year.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

Comment

• scott51
        • Oct 2006

My thought when he was hired was this, "you don't become 'coach of the year' by accident!" I wasn't totally sold and thrilled with the hiring but wasn't completely distraught either. The plus side was we didn't bring in some brand new guy who had never been a Head Coach before! (ie- Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey) I am willing to see what he does next season.
        Go Bills!
        Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
        Buffalo Bills 7-9
        New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Where's Cynical?
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I like his half time adjustments, too.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

I'm pretty happy with jauron at the moment.

I like the "feel" of the organization much more than I have in a long time. Obviously I want to see the winning continue, but wins notwithstanding I like the aura of professionalism, integrity, and respect for both the players and the fans that Marv and Dick convey.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• John Doe
                Florida Man
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by scott51
                My thought when he was hired was this, "you don't become 'coach of the year' by accident!" I wasn't totally sold and thrilled with the hiring but wasn't completely distraught either. The plus side was we didn't bring in some brand new guy who had never been a Head Coach before! (ie- Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey) I am willing to see what he does next season.
                Any coach can have a bad season if their team suffers enough key injuries, but to uncork a 13-3 season like Jauron had for the Bears indicates something special.

I had no problem with the hire. Jauron and Levy are the smartest guys in the room.

Jauron deserves more than "some" credit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

They are doing a great job and it's a work in progress that's really heading the right way.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Wow, no diversity anymore! Where the hell is GFLuNEEDit, when you need him?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

The difference this year from years past? This year it's a TEAM effort. Everyone doing their job, not worrying about stats, etc.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

Yep, this team is moving in the right direction! ThanksMarv, Dick and co.

As far as the challenge thing goes... We'l see what happens in the future...

Overall coaching grade for this year so far B- ... I am still not over Detroit!

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

What he's been doing more is letting players do what they do best and putting them in position to succeed. Not forcing them to do stupid human tricks like Moolarkey did.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Ok, I've been hard on Jauron and at times this season he's deserved it. But right now he deserves credit. Reshuffling the OL has been a huge success. He's got rookies contributing all over the D, and Pennington isn't dominating but he's not a liability either. His overall game plans have been strong, especially since the bye.

Or, to say it more simply- the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts, and the coaches are the reason for that.

In addition, the penalties have gone way down. This team committed way too many penalties early in the season, and Jauron gets some blame for that. But he also gets the credit now that it seems to have been fixed.

I didn't like hiring Jauron in the first place, and I still have some concerns about Jauron's in-game decision-making, particularly his use of challenges. I'm not 100% sold on the guy. But I have to admit that he's getting it done at the moment, and there's a chance that he could turn out to be a good coach for us.

This crow could use some BBQ sauce.
                            :snicker2:

Oh ok, but I thought Jauron was a bonehead and had no idea how to coach in the NFL?

I'm glad people are finding out about how important patience is and that people can prove you wrong if you just give them a chance!

Anyways, good post but Jauron still does look like an embalmer. That will never change!

Comment

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                              I'm pretty happy with jauron at the moment.

I like the "feel" of the organization much more than I have in a long time. Obviously I want to see the winning continue, but wins notwithstanding I like the aura of professionalism, integrity, and respect for both the players and the fans that Marv and Dick convey.
                              Exactly. They inspire pride in being a Bills fan not shame through arrogant disrespectful comments and gestures.

Comment

Working...
                              X