PDA

View Full Version : Chris Mortenson talks Bills on ESPNEWS

xXSpIkes5IXx
12-18-2006, 07:21 PM
I dont know if this has already been posted but i was watching "pregame" on espn news, and Chris Mortenson did a segment on the bills.
Mortenson was very complimentary of the JP saying he "has a stronger arm than Rivers, Manning, or Roethlisberger, he also called Lee Evans "one of the most underrated recievers. Finally he also called Jason Peters "one of the top 5 tackles in the game right now." He also gave out props to Tom Donahoe, something i didnt really expect

just thought id let you all know

JoeMama
12-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Chris Mortenson is pretty buddy-buddy w/ Tom Donahoe.

He worked w/ Donahoe during his brief employment w/ ESPN.

During the Donahoe Era here in Buffalo, Mortenson was invited to training camp & a number of closed-door practices. He was also privy to some classified info straight from the OBD rumor mill.

And his assessment of Losman, Evans, & Peters is bang-on.

RedEyE
12-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Mort has had his head up Donahoe's ass since he first made his acception speech in Buffalo. He was down on the new regime pretty hard in the offseason dogging the Bills every chance he got. Now he wants an opportunity to use the bandwagon to give props to his personal asshat one last time. Personally, I have no respect for the guy, and honestly he's just another one of those ******s at ESPN feeding his ego and forgetting about the game itself. He's a bonified dillhole.

X-Era
12-18-2006, 08:35 PM
I dont know if this has already been posted but i was watching "pregame" on espn news, and Chris Mortenson did a segment on the bills.
Mortenson was very complimentary of the JP saying he "has a stronger arm than Rivers, Manning, or Roethlisberger, he also called Lee Evans "one of the most underrated recievers. Finally he also called Jason Peters "one of the top 5 tackles in the game right now." He also gave out props to Tom Donahoe, something i didnt really expect

just thought id let you all know

If you remember from the draft, when JP got picked, Mort mentioned that several GM's felt JP had a better workout than Manning, Rivers. That JP was the best of the bunch. I think Mort has always been a fan, but its nice to hear.

YardRat
12-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Mort has had his head up Donahoe's ass since he first made his acception speech in Buffalo. He was down on the new regime pretty hard in the offseason dogging the Bills every chance he got. Now he wants an opportunity to use the bandwagon to give props to his personal asshat one last time. Personally, I have no respect for the guy, and honestly he's just another one of those ******s at ESPN feeding his ego and forgetting about the game itself. He's a bonified dillhole.

:clap:

Mort's a TD 'licker' to an extreme.

BAM
12-18-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't mind Mortensen that much actually. There are about 678,984 worse commentators out there than him.

RedEyE
12-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I don't mind Mortensen that much actually. There are about 678,984 worse commentators out there than him.

I used the like the guy as well, Bammer. Until he made the situation here in Buffalo a personal one. It's none of his concern and his "biased" opinion left when Donahoe was fired. It's obvious to me the guy can't seperate himself from himself, and that makes him a bad journalist. Internalizing a situation that's not your own, and using the media to berate the franchise that canned your friend.