PDA

View Full Version : Hey Patrick

Devin
12-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Ok im trying to get my head around all this most of its clear except where Denver/Cincy come in. Assuming the Bills win out of course.

Week 16:
KC over Oakland
NE over Jacksonville
Denver over Cincy
Miami over Jets

Since ties are broken in the division first, if KC wins out they knock out Denver right? And we hold a tie breaker over KC.

Is the above correct?

NE over Jacksonville knocks them out.

Miami over Jets gives us a tie-breaker.

Now where im confused (and apparently Chris Brown as well) is here.

Cincy and Denver are both 8-6 and from what I gather we hold no tie breaker apparently in any form over the Broncos. If Denver beats Cincy

- Buffalo and Cincy have the same conference record
- They both have losses to SD, Indy, NE (cincy split with Baltimore)

The next tie breaker is strength of victory. Buffalo currently leads .449 to .446. If they are tied there as well it goes to strength of schedule which Buffalo also leads .556 to .531

So ultimatley if Denver beats Cincy, going into week 17 the strength of victory will be increased in our favor even more wouldnt it? Which unless im reading wrong also means nothing else needs to happen in week 17 other then a Bills win.

And to get even more granular if Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore this coming week even if Cincy wins its last game of the season it weould marginally lower thier strength of victory.

So if the above is correct, and what we need to happen in week 16 happens. Then week 17 its simply a win and in isnt it?

northernbillfan
12-19-2006, 01:49 AM
:dizzy:

Man I love this time of year

northernbillfan
12-19-2006, 01:51 AM
I love it even more now that we are not mathematically eliminated

LtFinFan66
12-19-2006, 01:54 AM
At least I don't have to worry about this crazy puzzle anymore

northernbillfan
12-19-2006, 02:02 AM
Can you say pwned???!!!

Devin
12-19-2006, 02:05 AM
:rofl:

I wont poke fun though, unfortunatley we need the girls in teal this week.

northernbillfan
12-19-2006, 02:08 AM
But we need not cheer for a Fishy win but a Jest's choke. It's easier to cheer that way.

Devin
12-19-2006, 02:11 AM
Good point.

LtFinFan66
12-19-2006, 02:16 AM
WE WILL LOSE!!!

Devin
12-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Well that would be par for the course i reckon.

LtFinFan66
12-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Can't be helping you guys now can we...then again, I sure don't want the Jets in there either:scratch:

mybills
12-19-2006, 07:06 AM
Pat, please hurry up and answer him.

Patrick76777
12-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Ok im trying to get my head around all this most of its clear except where Denver/Cincy come in. Assuming the Bills win out of course.

Week 16:
KC over Oakland
NE over Jacksonville
Denver over Cincy
Miami over Jets

Since ties are broken in the division first, if KC wins out they knock out Denver right? And we hold a tie breaker over KC.

Is the above correct?

NE over Jacksonville knocks them out.

Miami over Jets gives us a tie-breaker.

Now where im confused (and apparently Chris Brown as well) is here.

Cincy and Denver are both 8-6 and from what I gather we hold no tie breaker apparently in any form over the Broncos. If Denver beats Cincy

- Buffalo and Cincy have the same conference record
- They both have losses to SD, Indy, NE (cincy split with Baltimore)

The next tie breaker is strength of victory. Buffalo currently leads .449 to .446. If they are tied there as well it goes to strength of schedule which Buffalo also leads .556 to .531

So ultimatley if Denver beats Cincy, going into week 17 the strength of victory will be increased in our favor even more wouldnt it? Which unless im reading wrong also means nothing else needs to happen in week 17 other then a Bills win.

And to get even more granular if Pittsburgh lost to Baltimore this coming week even if Cincy wins its last game of the season it weould marginally lower thier strength of victory.

So if the above is correct, and what we need to happen in week 16 happens. Then week 17 its simply a win and in isnt it?

Correct!

Mitchy moo
12-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Can't be helping you guys now can we...then again, I sure don't want the Jets in there either:scratch:

Look at it this way, If you beat the Jets you'll keep them out of the playoffs.

OpIv37
12-19-2006, 08:29 AM
But we need not cheer for a Fishy win but a Jest's choke. It's easier to cheer that way.

tom-AY-to/to-MAH-to

It'll be a tough thing to watch because everytime something bad happens to the Jets, I'll cheer briefly then have to face the reality that bad for the Jets means good for the Fish.

BAM
12-19-2006, 11:40 AM
F that I'm rooting for Miami. GO FINS!