PDA

View Full Version : who should realy get coach of the year.

3rdn1
12-19-2006, 12:15 PM
some names that were not on the list and that should have been

Dj-bills

Jeff fisher-tenn.

scott linahane- rams

i truly think sean payton is going to win the hc of the year but his the sexy pic. i think one of the above mentioned are more desvering. i think you could make a very strong case for fisher or DJ.

justasportsfan
12-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Sean Payton hands down. Even Mangini is more deserving than DJ.

Devin
12-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Payton.

Saratoga Slim
12-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Payton. Don't know if Linehan should be up there, has he really been that good? I agree that Fischer and Mangini should be on the list, and I think DJ should get an honorable mention. Dick can win it next year when we go 13-3.

TigerJ
12-19-2006, 01:08 PM
I think Payton gets it, but I also think a great deal of his success stems from the fact that the Saints signed Drew Brees in free agency. My pick would be Jeff Fisher. DJ gets honorable mention.

BlackMetalNinja
12-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Sean Payton without a shadow of a doubt. That team won 2 games last year and was homeless!

Lexwhat
12-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Not that he doesn't deserve it, but Sean Payton will get it no matter what.

After the NFL made the Saints play their "home" games in opposing stadiums last year - Payton winning coach of the year will become one of those "feel-good" stories that the NFL loves.

Whatever though. He is a good coach, can't deny that.

And the RAMS?? They started out 4-1, and are now 6-8. Why the hell would that guy get coach of the year?

ICE74129
12-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Sean Payton easy.

madness
12-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Fisher as COY just doesn't make any sense to me.

njsue
12-19-2006, 01:56 PM
This year Sean Payton for putting hope back in the City of New Orleans.

Next year Dick Jauron.

Drive 4 Five
12-19-2006, 02:26 PM
If the Bills somehow manage to make the playoffs then I would say that Jauron sure as hell better be coach of the year. That would be nothing short of amazing. Think about it. Wouldn't that be crazy?

Sean Payton is certainly deserving, but how come nobody has mentioned Lovie Smith. His team certainly has had their share of ups and downs but are sitting pretty right at the top of the NFC despite everything. I am always amazed at how they find a way to win.

Maybe they have a guy taping the opposing QB's signals. J/K

madness
12-19-2006, 02:33 PM
how come nobody has mentioned Lovie Smith. His team certainly has had their share of ups and downs but are sitting pretty right at the top of the NFC despite everything. I am always amazed at how they find a way to win.

Maybe they have a guy taping the opposing QB's signals. J/K

He inherited a monster defense and has had one of the easiest schedules this year. Other then that, I can't see why he wouldn't be in the mix.

DynaPaul
12-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I think Rod Marinelli should get it.

Not for his coaching by any means but for having the balls to take the job in a crappy franchise with Matt Millen as his boss of all people.

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2006, 04:55 PM
If the Niners finish 8-8, Mike Nolan should win it, hands down.

The_Philster
12-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Payton without a doubt...no way do Fisher or Linehan deserve it
Jauronis ahead of Fisher and Linehan but still shouldn't get it, IMO.