• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Enough with the Playoffs

We still have to beat the titans.

Hope they can only throw for 85 yards against us. You know Young is gonna be scrambling . Henry is gonna run harder than he ever has.

Discuss.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Enough with the Playoffs

I'm just happy that BUF shows up on the playoff scenario graphics they show during the games.

The last two games are definitely not easy ones. One of the reasons we did so well against the Dolphins and the Jets is because we got leads and forced them to pass, which kept them from exploiting our run D. If our O gets off to a fast start, we should win hands down. But if it's close or they have a lead, they'll be running the ball with Henry and Young and we're in for a long afternoon.

The key is to get the O on track early, which won't be easy with the way their D has been playing.

We've beaten better teams than the Titans this year, but we've also lost to worse teams. It's a winnable game but it's no slam dunk.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
      My IQ Test results came back negative
      • Oct 2002

How can u say we scored early agasint the dolphins...it took 4 possesions and scored in the 2nd quarter.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
        How can u say we scored early agasint the dolphins...it took 4 possesions and scored in the 2nd quarter.
        we were up 14-0 early in the 3rd. That was good enough to make them abandon the run.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
          My IQ Test results came back negative
          • Oct 2002

um...it was 7-0 at halftime

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
            um...it was 7-0 at halftime
            the point is that they were having some success running the ball against us in the 1st quarter- once they stopped running, it gave us a huge advantage.

The Titans are a better running team than the Dolphins because a) their starting RB isn't injured and b) their quarterback is a serious running threat. Our run D still blows. Our best chance at winning this game is getting at least a 2-score lead so they have to play catch- up and can't run as much. If it's close enough for them to run for the whole game, we're going to lose.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              the point is that they were having some success running the ball against us in the 1st quarter- once they stopped running, it gave us a huge advantage.

The Titans are a better running team than the Dolphins because a) their starting RB isn't injured and b) their quarterback is a serious running threat. Our run D still blows. Our best chance at winning this game is getting at least a 2-score lead so they have to play catch- up and can't run as much. If it's close enough for them to run for the whole game, we're going to lose.
              Is someone really arguing with you on this? You're absolutely right. Our defense is good against the pass, and passing is not the Titans' forte. So if we get a lead and they're playing catch-up, we should be able to lock them down. However, if its close, they can stick to a running game plan--which they're pretty good at--and keep JP and Co. off the field. Bottom line, this game is winnable but no gimme. Tennessee's been on a roll.
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• northernbillfan
                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Score early, score often an score every dang time we have the ball and the Titans will be in for a heap of trouble.

Henry, as good as he has been playing of late, is no LT and won't get that many yards against the Bills.

Besides our Karma account is in the negative and we need to get some of the good luck and bounces our way and what better team to get them from then the Titans.
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                  Is someone really arguing with you on this? You're absolutely right. Our defense is good against the pass, and passing is not the Titans' forte. So if we get a lead and they're playing catch-up, we should be able to lock them down. However, if its close, they can stick to a running game plan--which they're pretty good at--and keep JP and Co. off the field. Bottom line, this game is winnable but no gimme. Tennessee's been on a roll.

Sammy was a slow North and SOuth type of back yet he had decent success until the first sign of trouble and Moolarkey went with his usual "abandon the run" logic kicked in. Henry is speedy and can slip. It could be a very long day for us if we're not careful.

I hope the bills will treat this game like they are playing against the fins .
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

I am thinking that we will keep 8 men in the box to try and stop the run.

I am guessing that Nate will be covering Drew Bennett, so I don't think we'll have to worry much about him.

If we can cover the receivers and tight ends 1-on-1, I think we should be able to stop the run.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

too bad the Jills weren't 5 years younger, Henry would be too distracted.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120
                        too bad the Jills weren't 5 years younger, Henry would be too distracted.
                        Maybe he and Willis can compare ribs.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Crazygoo
                          • Nov 2005

if you recall when Henry played in buffalo he had a hard time getting yards after he was hit. Lets just hope that we can hit him early and throw him off balance early and bring him down
                          :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

Henry is going to be jacked for this game and will probably run harder than ever.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Billzz
                              • Sep 2003

You have to remember Henry really loves Buffalo and I am sure isn't too happy about being booted. Having said that he will be shut down!

Comment

Working...
                              X