• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

The future of the Ralph is up in the air

The long term contract is about to expire, and the Buffalo Bills will go on a year to year contract.

Is a new stadium not too far off?

I for one will be sad to see the Ralph go away, or Rich, as I still refer to it.

A new game: The Buffalo Bills' stadium lease has become a year-to-year deal
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

IF they did build a new stadium, would you want it indoors or out?

Comment

• Wys Guy
      Drew and Sam stole all my hair
      • Jul 2002

It was stupid to renovate it if they're gonna build a new one.

I still say build one out near Batavia where it would draw a larger regional base and make game attendance for Syrcuse people much more likely.

You wouldn't have all that exit traffic after games around Buffalo then mixed in w/ the normal traffic. There also wouldn't be all that lake effect snow.
      Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

I too love "Rich Stadium" and would miss it. But for the long term well being of the team it would be in everyones best interest to move the stadium to Batavia NY. about 35 miles east of Buffalo. Why, during the early 90's when the Bills were at 50-52,000 season tickets 28,000 were from Rochester, there is a hell of a lot of money in Rochester, and it would draw more people from the Syracuse area. My 2 brothers live there he has the Bills booster club there. They all go to one game as a group, and all say they would go to more if the stadium was close.

DON'T get me wrong I'm not trying to move the team, stay at Rich, but if there was a move that's where I would move it.
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

Wys we must have been typing at the same time!
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

I'd move it to between Roch. and Buffalo in two seconds.

Still call the team the Buffalo Bills. That wouldn't change a thing. Heck, foxborough is further from Boston than Batavia is from Buffalo. Same as the Meadowlands is from NYC practically. Batavia is only 20 minutes from exit 50.

It would also help build up that area of NYS some too.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Open air stadium. Again during the early 90's the Bills sent out a survey and asked the season ticket holders that question. Can't remember the %, but we voted open air by a large margin.
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

Oh yeah, a closed stadium would suck. Might land a SB although that'd be highly unlikely IMO. Not in UNY.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I like the athmosphere at Rich/Ralph. You are very close to the action.

Open air is the only way to go in B-lo. The elements are 40% of the game in December.

I do not like the fact that the fans only show up for a partial game, or not at all, if they are out of the playoff picture. Would that be cured if they moved closer to Rochester?
                  When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

If it kept the Bills in western Ny. than I think it would be fine. Better than California
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Probably the best statement ever!

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

I just am not sure about fundin a new stadium. It could be very difficult especially after the Jets gets there piece of the pie for their stadium. As a result, I don't believe they will leave Rich anytime soon for a new stadium in Buffalo.
                        What scares me is when RW dies it does make it attractive to sell and move the team and get top dollar for the franchise for RW heirs.

Comment

• Ð
                          1-800-SAD-GOAT
                          • Jul 2002

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

If you move the Bills out of the Greater Buffalo Area you can forget attendance...people in this area wouldn't drive to Batavia for free money...they will not drive there for a game...you're better off moving Rochester.

I just love how people realize this now...I've been at the drum for 3 years...the state has set precedent with the Sabres...NO MONEY FOR SPORTS TEAMS!!! Nobody objected when they slammed the door in the face of he Sabres...People better started knitting their goodbye sweaters. Ralph is not going to build a new stadium nor do anything to improve this one...

Sorry, unless things change I will get the last laugh on this one...you were warned...the :angry:ers in this area cried when Hamister wanted bucks for the Sabres and the pols listened. You made them set precedent and pi$$ed off the guy who wants to own the Bills after Ralph is gone...

...live with it...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

If they don't renew a long term or build a new one would that be a sign that Wilsons kids may move the team?
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X