PDA

View Full Version : Keep Clements over Spikes...

Tatonka
12-19-2006, 06:13 PM
I love what TKO was before his injury, and I still think he could be that LB again at some point..

but if it was a choice.. i dont know how you could consider letting nate walk and justifying what we are playing spikes?

No one can tell me that it is easy to replace a top 5 all around corner in this league as opposed to a top linebacker.

Look at the play of Ellison? he was a 6th rounder.. Crowell was a 3rd rounder.. fletcher was undrafted.. LBs are a dime a dozen. you can get a good starter out of every draft.. especially for this defense..

Drop spikes.. pay clements..

Forward_Lateral
12-19-2006, 06:15 PM
No. Give Takeo one more season. Achilles injuries take 1.5-2 years to fully recover. I'd hate to see them cut Takeo, he's been the heart and soul since he got to B-lo.

!Papacrunk!
12-19-2006, 06:15 PM
We need a superstar in our secondary, y'know the type that wouldn't let a "blocking" TE trot easily into the endzone,lol

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2006, 06:20 PM
It's great that he's a top 5 CB (When he decides to play). Does that mean the Bills should pay him as the top player... Or even as the top CB?

He's gonna get an $18M signing bonus plus an average of $8.7M salary per year over 6 years. IMO, that's too much even if we could explain the year and a half he was no show.

Mr. Cynical
12-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Nate ain't that "grate". If he wants a fair contract keep him, otherwise send him packing. As for TKO, he's a shadow of his former self. I would keep him to see if he improves but not at a high cost.

IMO we can let both go if necessary if we shore up our DL with better talent. More run stuffing/qb pressure and you don't need superstars at LB or CB.

Crisis
12-19-2006, 07:04 PM
I want to keep Clements, but I'd rather it be at the expense of someone else. I think TKO bounces back strong next year. One more serious injury though and it's time to pull the cord on him.

casdhf
12-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Cap won't be an issue ... we won't need to sacrafice one player to keep any other

OpIv37
12-19-2006, 07:40 PM
ok people, one more time.

CLEMENTS IS GONE.

There are a lot of teams with a lot of cap space. The FA market is thin, and he's the only top CB who will be available. We will be outbid. It's not whether or not Buffalo should keep him- we don't even have a choice n the matter.

Enjoy our last two games with Nate, then it's time to move on and find his replacement.

ZacGriffi~82
12-19-2006, 07:47 PM
We should be a playoff team next year..who is going to replace Clements. We can't have that CB spot holding us back.

OpIv37
12-19-2006, 07:50 PM
We should be a playoff team next year..who is going to replace Clements. We can't have that CB spot holding us back.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying some other team is going to outbid us for Clements' services.

I had my doubts about him but he's really stepped it up since the bye and McGee has struggled- basically, there aren't any other options. I'd like to see him stay for the right price. But a lot of teams have a lot of money and are in similar situations with CB's. Someone is going to throw Champ Bailey money at him and it won't be us.

Billzz
12-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Clements not being here will not stop us from going to the playoffs. Not sure how 1 player dictates our future, unless it is the QB.