We have played or play 7 of the top 14 team (Bills now #14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

We have played or play 7 of the top 14 team (Bills now #14)

Looking at this list, if we make the playoffs we probably played them already. It also says alot about what we had to overcome and who we played to get there, beware.

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: We have played or play 7 of the top 14 team (Bills now #14)

you have to play the teams on your schedule- strength of schedule doesn't count in the NFL (except as like the 5th playoff tiebreaker, in the rare instances when it comes to that).

Like I said, luck is no friend to Buffalo sports. The schedules are pretty much predetermined- it's just a matter of how good or bad your opponent is in the year they come up on your schedule. If we could have played Houston and Cleveland instead of SD and Indy, maybe we'd be in the playoffs But those are the breaks, and they're very rarely in our favor.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Pretty sure everyone else in the AFC East plays, for the most part, the same schedule as us...
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I noticed that Buffalo has or will have played 9 games out of its 16 game schedule against teams that are in the top 8 in defense in the league. That includes 2 games each versus Miami and New England of course. That's not a complaint. I understand the NFL scheduling format. That's just the way it can work out some years.

That tells me two things however. First, while I know Buffalo's low ranking in league offense is due in part to the team learning a new offense and JP Losman's early season learning curve in particular, part of it just might be due to the fact that Buffalo has played so many great defensive teams. Besides Miami and New England, We've played Chicago, Minnesota, Jacksonville and San Diego. And of course, we'll be playing the current top rated defense in Baltimore on New Years Eve.

Second, if there is any carryover into next season Buffalo's offense ought to be really prepared to pile on the points. The offensive line will have played the best pass rushers in the league: Dwight Freeney, Jason Taylor, Aaron Kampmann, some of the best linebackers in Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Zack Thomas, Roosevelt Colvin, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Shawn Merriman, Donnie Edwards, and many of the best DTs: Marcus Stroud and John Henderson, Jamal Williams, Tommy Harris, Pat Williams, and Shawn Rogers. There's no one that Buffalo's offensive line need fear next year. And what better education could JP Losman have had than to learn how to play QB against so many great defenses. What is there left to rattle him after this season? JP and the offensive line will get better, but just the prospect of playing against defenses that aren't quite so elite should help offensive production go way up next season. I will guarantee Buffalo's offense will not be ranked #31 next year at this time.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
          I noticed that Buffalo has or will have played 9 games out of its 16 game schedule against teams that are in the top 8 in defense in the league. That includes 2 games each versus Miami and New England of course. That's not a complaint. I understand the NFL scheduling format. That's just the way it can work out some years.

That tells me two things however. First, while I know Buffalo's low ranking in league offense is due in part to the team learning a new offense and JP Losman's early season learning curve in particular, part of it just might be due to the fact that Buffalo has played so many great defensive teams. Besides Miami and New England, We've played Chicago, Minnesota, Jacksonville and San Diego. And of course, we'll be playing the current top rated defense in Baltimore on New Years Eve.

Second, if there is any carryover into next season Buffalo's offense ought to be really prepared to pile on the points. The offensive line will have played the best pass rushers in the league: Dwight Freeney, Jason Taylor, Aaron Kampmann, some of the best linebackers in Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Zack Thomas, Roosevelt Colvin, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Shawn Merriman, Donnie Edwards, and many of the best DTs: Marcus Stroud and John Henderson, Jamal Williams, Tommy Harris, Pat Williams, and Shawn Rogers. There's no one that Buffalo's offensive line need fear next year. And what better education could JP Losman have had than to learn how to play QB against so many great defenses. What is there left to rattle him after this season? JP and the offensive line will get better, but just the prospect of playing against defenses that aren't quite so elite should help offensive production go way up next season. I will guarantee Buffalo's offense will not be ranked #31 next year at this time.
          I was still thinking that way about this season, who do we really fear in the playoffs if we make it ? NE is about the only team besides Chicago that had our number and we should of beat NE the first game.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
            Pretty sure everyone else in the AFC East plays, for the most part, the same schedule as us...
            There's a lot of overlap. Miami didn't play San Diego or Baltimore. Those two teams are ranked 7th and 1st in total defense and have a combined record of 23-5. The teams which replace them on Miami's schedule: KC and Pittsburgh are ranked 9th and 15th and have a combined record of 14-14. Instead of San Diego and Baltimore, New England had Denver and Cincinnati, ranked 13th and 29th in total defense with a combined record of 16-12. The Jets have Oakland and Cleveland on their schedule in place of San Diego and Baltimore. They are 4th and 29th in total defense respectively, and have a stellar combined record of 6 and 22. The NFL uses a set formula. It's just Buffalo's luck that the two slots that are variable in their schedule were filled by teams that suddenly became elite in 2006. Baltimore and San Diego were a very ordinary combined 15-17 in 2005.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

There's a lot of overlap. Miami didn't play San Diego or Baltimore. Those two teams are ranked 7th and 1st in total defense and have a combined record of 23-5. The teams which replace them on Miami's schedule: KC and Pittsburgh are ranked 9th and 15th and have a combined record of 14-14. Instead of San Diego and Baltimore, New England had Denver and Cincinnati, ranked 13th and 29th in total defense with a combined record of 16-12. The Jets have Oakland and Cleveland on their schedule in place of San Diego and Baltimore. They are 4th and 29th in total defense respectively, and have a stellar combined record of 6 and 22. The NFL uses a set formula. It's just Buffalo's luck that the two slots that are variable in their schedule were filled by teams that suddenly became elite in 2006. Baltimore and San Diego were a very ordinary combined 15-17 in 2005.
              The Bills also had to get their Sheet together against the best teams, not Oakland and cleveland. I think we might of been able to beat one of those 2 teams if not both, safely. We'd be 9-5 then and looking at NE for potentially the division. So you see how a slight twinge in who you play can make a difference.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                The Bills also had to get their Sheet together against the best teams, not Oakland and cleveland. I think we might of been able to beat one of those 2 teams if not both, safely. We'd be 9-5 then and looking at NE for potentially the division. So you see how a slight twinge in who you play can make a difference.
                Absolutely! That two team difference in the schedule could end up being the difference between the Jets going to the playoffs rather than the Bills. That's how the cookie crumbles.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Absolutely! That two team difference in the schedule could end up being the difference between the Jets going to the playoffs rather than the Bills. That's how the cookie crumbles.
                  Jests are going nowhere.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                    I was still thinking that way about this season, who do we really fear in the playoffs if we make it ? NE is about the only team besides Chicago that had our number and we should of beat NE the first game.
                    You're kinda right. If we were to make the playoffs, winning a round or two would not at all be out of the question. I'd have to think that San Diego would take us down, but then they didn't embarass us at all when we played them in the regular season. New England always seems to have our number, but we hung in there at least one of the times we played this season. And we'll soon see about Baltimore.

Bottom line is any of the above three teams would probably send us packing, but there's at least a chance of an upset. And any other AFC team we could play straight up if we play like we have been.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      luck is no friend to Buffalo sports. The schedules are pretty much predetermined
                      just like it was predetermined that NE would play us coming off their bye, three freaking years in a row.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                        just like it was predetermined that NE would play us coming off their bye, three freaking years in a row.
                        ha- like I said, luck is not our friend (although I highly suspect there's something a lot less random than luck at work in this particular instance....)
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tinboy
                          • Aug 2004

2007 opponents:
                          Home: Bengals (15 th ranked def), Cowboys (16), Dolphins (5), Giants (20), Jets (13), Patriots (2), Ravens (1), TBD AFC West opponent
                          Away: Browns (24), Dolphins (5), Eagles (19), Jets (13), Patriots (2), Redskins (21), Steelers (9), TBD AFC South opponent

Looking quite good if you ask me.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

We'll probably play the Titans and Chiefs next season.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                            X