PDA

View Full Version : How are there over 18000 tickets left?

THATHURMANATOR
12-19-2006, 10:51 PM
That just doesn't seem right. Just last week it was 10k(which is still bad) but 18k??? I can't believe that is the correct #. That is just insane and embarrassing!

Typ0
12-19-2006, 10:53 PM
it's christmas eve.

Devin
12-19-2006, 10:54 PM
So?

SABuffalo786
12-19-2006, 10:59 PM
If it sells out and gets on TV you KNOW we're going to lose, right?

THATHURMANATOR
12-19-2006, 11:07 PM
So how does an extra 8 thousand tickets magically appear though? I dont' get it. They were saying forever that it had 10k then boom 18 k...

Typ0
12-19-2006, 11:08 PM
So?

oh yeah I forgot...a real fan would just blow off their family to go to an NFL game.

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 12:27 AM
damn right TypO

ddaryl
12-20-2006, 01:25 AM
That just doesn't seem right. Just last week it was 10k(which is still bad) but 18k??? I can't believe that is the correct #. That is just insane and embarrassing!

Actually I think its embarassing that so many people put a higher emphasis on spending money to see a football game then understanding that its Christmas and people would rather spend time and money with their families.

It's a warped mindset that we must sacrafice everything to ensure a Bills game sellls out.

Devin
12-20-2006, 01:42 AM
oh yeah I forgot...a real fan would just blow off their family to go to an NFL game.

Correct.

ublinkwescore
12-20-2006, 02:32 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=122105

ublinkwescore
12-20-2006, 02:38 AM
that link pisses me off - how in the hell are they gonna give the edge to the titans in the following categories?:

Quarterback
Special Teams
and even Coaching?

The_Philster
12-20-2006, 04:33 AM
No...a real fan would bring the family along ;)

BAM
12-20-2006, 05:50 AM
Sorry but if I lived up there, I'd definitely not be attending. Too much stuff to do on Xmas Eve. Too many traditions.

Now if I could convince all 125,234 relatives (dad has 9 brothers and sisters) to go to the game then maybe....

jamze132
12-20-2006, 06:05 AM
Well I am a firm believer in attending all home game no matter what is going on. It's a shame I don;t live anywhere near Buffalo or there would be 17,999 left.

GO TO THE GAME!!!!

I guarantee you if the team is moved, you people that live remotely close to Buffalo are going to regret it. It would kill me.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2006, 06:09 AM

Whats embarrassing is the NFL playing games on X-mas eve. Why didn't they change all the games to Saturday?

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Actually I think its embarassing that so many people put a higher emphasis on spending money to see a football game then understanding that its Christmas and people would rather spend time and money with their families.

It's a warped mindset that we must sacrafice everything to ensure a Bills game sellls out.
Christmas is has been Basterdized to a commercial spending spree anyways. It sickens me. I understand the spending time with family thing though.

Don't be embarrassed by me going to a 4 hour football game on Sunday man. There is no reason.

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Whats embarrassing is the NFL playing games on X-mas eve. Why didn't they change all the games to Saturday?
They probably should do that honestly.

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 08:23 AM

Its the NFL's fault for scheduling these on christmas eve. dude start getting priorities in order. the Bills game is just that....a game. Christmas eve with family is more important. The NFL should have had these on Saturday across the board

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 08:24 AM
No one is answering my question about how it went from 10k to 18k.

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 08:25 AM

What do you care?

You refuse to go to any games (because the NFL is a business) so what difference does it make?

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 08:25 AM

I have to agree 100%. I responded to Thurms post before reading all the others. Seems we are on the same page.

The NFL has really screwed this one up.

and for those *****ing and screaming 'the Bills will move....this non sellout doesn't help'. Go check next tuesday or wednesday what the official attendance totals were for sundays games. I bet the bills are still in the top 7, so I wouldn't sweat it. Attendance is going to be down across the board sunday

Michael82
12-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Wow....if you figure out that they have about 45,000 season ticket holders, and the stadium fills about 73,900 people. They have about 18,000 left...so basically they only sold about 10,000 individual game tickets. That is pathetic. :ill:

Michael82
12-20-2006, 08:36 AM
I have to agree 100%. I responded to Thurms post before reading all the others. Seems we are on the same page.

and for those *****ing and screaming 'the Bills will move....this non sellout doesn't help'. Go check next tuesday or wednesday what the official attendance totals were for sundays games. I bet the bills are still in the top 7, so I wouldn't sweat it. Attendance is going to be down across the board sunday
Let's say that there is 60,000 people with tickets to the game on Sunday, my guess is that only about 45,000 people will be in attendance and it will be like that all across the league. The league was completely moronic for not scheduling the majority of the games on Saturday 12/23. :shakeno:

Saratoga Slim
12-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Let's say that there is 60,000 people with tickets to the game on Sunday, my guess is that only about 45,000 people will be in attendance and it will be like that all across the league. The league was completely moronic for not scheduling the majority of the games on Saturday 12/23. :shakeno:

I concur. Christmas eve is a very busy day for most people.

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Can someone answer this?

Bufftp
12-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Correct.
Is your flight in for the game arriving friday or saturday?
Maybe we can do lunch depending on when you arrive?

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
So?
A lot of out of towners aren't going to travel on Xmas eve.

Statman
12-20-2006, 09:44 AM

Put yourself in the shoes of someone whose first move every morning is to slide into a pair of London Fletcher BVDs before rushing into the bathroom to use their McGahee toothbrush, Flutie tooth paste, prior to heading down for breakfast with their Bills secondary spoon and bowl set.

:D

Typ0
12-20-2006, 09:45 AM
What do you care?

You refuse to go to any games (because the NFL is a business) so what difference does it make?

because I am a good example of WHY there are attendance problems. I am a previous season ticket holder. I had season tickets and was going through the upgrade process. I told them what I wanted in my upgrade. I had tickets in row 27 on the 50 yard line uppers. They offered me an upgrade on the 40 about ten rows down not on the aisle like my seats were. I took the upgrade and figured I'd just tough it out for the year because I didn't think the seats were as good but I was looking to keep upgrading.

I go to the first preseason game (yeah, the games the season ticket holders get gouged on) and I'm sitting there with only a few people around. I get to talking to the folks who are sitting ON the 50 aisle seats in my row. Turns out they bought their season tickets the week before the game. I go back and fourth with the bills about this and they skate the issue. They send me a couple of defective hats to try and make due. They basically said "screw you, we already
have your money".

So I was having some cash flow problems and I just said screw it and didn't renew my tickets. Then it's clear to me the league is also a joke with the crappy officiating out there deciding the games. I'd gladly buy season tickets and not go on christmas eve and then I would be doing my part. But I am not going to blow that money to support those jerks just gouging and misusing the fans.

The NFL is a business but they are not a good business. They are monopolizing, money hungry, gouging jerks. If they had any respect for the people who consume their product they would start to correct a lot of these issues...but they have no impetus to because they are a monopoly. there is zero competition for them to worry about people just aren't going to watch the CFL.

They are not a natural monopoly but they absolutely do leverage unfair power in the marketplace. Screw the NFL.

Statman
12-20-2006, 09:45 AM

Hey, games are and always have been on Sundays.

I promise that if the Bills were 10-4 or 11-3 the game would have been sold out by now.

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
because I am a good example of WHY there are attendance problems. I am a previous season ticket holder. I had season tickets and was going through the upgrade process. I told them what I wanted in my upgrade. I had tickets in row 27 on the 50 yard line uppers. They offered me an upgrade on the 40 about ten rows down not on the aisle like my seats were. I took the upgrade and figured I'd just tough it out for the year because I didn't think the seats were as good but I was looking to keep upgrading.

I go to the first preseason game (yeah, the games the season ticket holders get gouged on) and I'm sitting there with only a few people around. I get to talking to the folks who are sitting ON the 50 aisle seats in my row. Turns out they bought their season tickets the week before the game. I go back and fourth with the bills about this and they skate the issue. They send me a couple of defective hats to try and make due. They basically said "screw you, we already
have your money".

So I was having some cash flow problems and I just said screw it and didn't renew my tickets. Then it's clear to me the league is also a joke with the crappy officiating out there deciding the games. I'd gladly buy season tickets and not go on christmas eve and then I would be doing my part. But I am not going to blow that money to support those jerks just gouging and misusing the fans.

The NFL is a business but they are not a good business. They are monopolizing, money hungry, gouging jerks. If they had any respect for the people who consume their product they would start to correct a lot of these issues...but they have no impetus to because they are a monopoly. there is zero competition for them to worry about people just aren't going to watch the CFL.

They are not a natural monopoly but they absolutely do leverage unfair power in the marketplace. Screw the NFL.

So you had some problems, that you don't know the entire story behind and you hate the entire NFL and the entire Bills organization?

No there is no competition. Obviously that is true.

And fine don't spend your money. But if you refuse to spend your money to support the team or league, then don't ***** about when they schedule games. That is liek the person who refuses to vote and then *****es about the outcome.

As for the pre-season games, it is the best way to sell tickets to those games. We are not getting 'gouged' on them.

Typ0
12-20-2006, 10:16 AM
So you had some problems, that you don't know the entire story behind and you hate the entire NFL and the entire Bills organization?

No there is no competition. Obviously that is true.

And fine don't spend your money. But if you refuse to spend your money to support the team or league, then don't ***** about when they schedule games. That is liek the person who refuses to vote and then *****es about the outcome.

As for the pre-season games, it is the best way to sell tickets to those games. We are not getting 'gouged' on them.

I do know the entire story on the seats. Those better seats the people who had them didn't pay...so they just gave them to the box office to be sold instead of offering them to current season ticket holders who want to upgrade. They do this because there is a cost associated with the upgrade process. Any way you look at it...it's wrong that people who have had seasons for several years and want an upgrade don't get the seats but someone who goes in there a week or two before the first preseason game can get really decent season tickets. they should have to go through the same process as all of us...the ones that pony up the cash february. I don't harbor hatred for them...but I'm not going to support the business practice of that box office either.

And how are you not getting gouged for the preseason games? Is it right they are charging you full price for those games where the product isn't the full NFL product and you are being forced to pay that price as a penalty for having season tickets? I mean come on man. They make people pay a premium price for having the privledge of owning season tickets instead of rightly giving people a quantity discount. They do this because the culture is such that they think much too highly of themselves and they get away with a lot of crap because of it.

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 10:21 AM
There is a discount with season tickets.

As for the ticket thing, fine they screwed up. But is it enough to have this much bitterness over? To not even go to one game?

And on the pre-season thing, the team has to try and sell tickets somehow. And without a minor league and only 10 home games a year, they (and all teams) sell the games at full price, except for the kids game. In essence, as I recall the prices, the pre-season games are essentially free.

HAMMER
12-20-2006, 10:26 AM

have your money".

Bitter Buffalo Face

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Can someone answer this?

The last buffalo fan
12-20-2006, 10:39 AM
Can someone answer this?

Yes.

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Well do it then.

raphael120
12-20-2006, 10:52 AM
A lot of out of towners aren't going to travel on Xmas eve.

i am! :jam:

Typ0
12-20-2006, 11:03 AM
There is a discount with season tickets.

As for the ticket thing, fine they screwed up. But is it enough to have this much bitterness over? To not even go to one game?

And on the pre-season thing, the team has to try and sell tickets somehow. And without a minor league and only 10 home games a year, they (and all teams) sell the games at full price, except for the kids game. In essence, as I recall the prices, the pre-season games are essentially free.

people make mistakes...big deal. This isn't about a mistake it's about a policy.

yeah...they call it a little discount to buy seasons then they charge full value for preseason games people don't even want. It's price gouging. It's no different than the gas stations changing the price of gas on a holiday weekend because they can and everyone needs their car.

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Don't be a baby Typo.. Tickets are so much cheaper here than anywhere else keep in mind.

raphael120
12-20-2006, 11:14 AM
i think everyone just needs to calm the frig down...its christmas, the bills are winning, so what if we dont sell out this game, its friggin christmas eve. im going, but i know a lot of football fans around the league that would like to stay cozy with family watching it on tv. and if you want to see the bills that much, go to the game, but if you want to be with family on christmas eve, then dammit, dont get your panties in a bunch about it.

the bills will sell out all games next year, just wait...there's no "oh well they sucked last year and suck now, no hope, no confidence in the new coaching staff, etc."

but can we please just give this ticket **** a REST!!!!!!!!!

just because you go to all the games doesn't mean everyone else who is a bills fan and doesnt is an *******...look in the mirror if you think that way.

but as for the fans who buy tickets last minute like last week and didnt get in til halftime...

EFF YOU

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I am not sure the 10,000 number was ever official Thurm.

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 11:19 AM

I agree, the timing of these games sunday is moronic at best. I bet that had this been on say Thursday or Saturday we sell out or damn near it. But you can't run games on christmas eve and expect a decent turnout.

I really think you will see when next weeks numbers come out, Buffalo is still near the top as for as attendance for that weekend.

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 12:00 PM
I am not sure the 10,000 number was ever official Thurm.
Thanks for at least addressing my question! You may be right but I heard 10 k from several sources.

RockStar36
12-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for at least addressing my question! You may be right but I heard 10 k from several sources.

Don't extra tickets always get released game week? I know that for the home opener I wasn't able to buy 3 tickets together until that Thursday or Friday. It was the same way for the 31-0 Patriot game.

The_Philster
12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Don't extra tickets always get released game week? I know that for the home opener I wasn't able to buy 3 tickets together until that Thursday or Friday. It was the same way for the 31-0 Patriot game.
back then it's a case where they hold onto some in case of late season ticket sales

Typ0
12-20-2006, 03:59 PM
back then it's a case where they hold onto some in case of late season ticket sales

I think those are tickets slated for the teams that they don't purchase so they go on sale to the general public.

Typ0
12-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Don't be a baby Typo.. Tickets are so much cheaper here than anywhere else keep in mind.

I'm not being a baby here thurm. The problem goes a lot deeper than football. This kind of stuff is why the middle class is disappearing. Rich people can just take a pile of money and exploit the poor with it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-20-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm not being a baby here thurm. The problem goes a lot deeper than football. This kind of stuff is why the middle class is disappearing. Rich people can just take a pile of money and exploit the poor with it.
I agree with you in that regard but the Bills and Sabres are the only instances where I am willing to take it from the man just because I love the teams so much I would never want to lose them. I am like a weak minded boyfriend who keeps taking back his girlfriend after she continues cheating on him and walking all over him....

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-20-2006, 04:18 PM
the ten thousand was just an estimate. WGRZ Ch2 Sports reporter Adam Bengini was out at the stadium yesterday and he said that there were 18,000 tix left.

Typ0
12-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I agree with you in that regard but the Bills and Sabres are the only instances where I am willing to take it from the man just because I love the teams so much I would never want to lose them. I am like a weak minded boyfriend who keeps taking back his girlfriend after she continues cheating on him and walking all over him....

that's a great way to put it thurm! I have often felt around here that I was being lambasted despite having rational and sound opinions based on observation because so many of us are blinded by love.

SyraBillsLican
12-20-2006, 06:53 PM
hahaha! i bought me and my friend tickets monday after our great victory over the dolphins (that i had to listen to on the radio cause you idiots care more about the sabres while everyone else knows that the New Jersey Devils are the greatest hockey team ever). now that im back from Syracuse University for Christmas break, i can actually go to the games and not count on sabres fans.

you know im messin with ya buf. hockey's great, stadiums too big and such. im just psyched i dont have to listen to the radio for once.

by the way: jets lose, jags lose, denver beats cinci, were in

ONLY THREE GAMES OUT OF OUR HANDS AND WERE IN!

TTFN

jamze132
12-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Jusr pay for some freaking Bills tickets!