PDA

View Full Version : Jauron 2nd-Best Coach we ever had??

Lexwhat
12-20-2006, 02:27 AM
Ralph thinks so....

"The 87-year-old team owner, who has employed 14 head coaches — two of them twice — in his franchise’s 47-year history, offered a telling observation.

“After Marv Levy, (Dick Jauron) is the best coach this team has ever had,” Wilson said.

Levy’s position, given his presence in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the fact he guided the Bills to five AFC Championship Games and four Super Bowls, is understandable.

But that’s hefty praise from an owner who once wrote checks to Lou Saban and Chuck Knox."

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17608427&BRD=2725&PAG=461&dept_id=562745&rfi=6

Historian
12-20-2006, 02:52 AM
But that’s hefty praise from an owner who once wrote checks to Lou Saban and Chuck Knox."

Ummm...I like Jauron.....always have.

But Lou Saban is the only Coach to ever win a league title here.

They say the memory is the first thing to go....after the old joystick.

YardRat
12-20-2006, 05:54 AM
Way too early for those kind of accolades in reality. Nice to see the confidence in the staff extend all the way to the top, though :D

BAM
12-20-2006, 05:56 AM
:bf1:

jamze132
12-20-2006, 06:00 AM
So Ralph like Dick too? Kewl.

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Don't Ralph and Lou have a long standing grudge with each other?

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Don't Ralph and Lou have a long standing grudge with each other?
Yes. Wish I knew the true story. As I've said before, Ralph and Lou should write books.

Typ0
12-20-2006, 06:36 AM
Sounds like a bad attempt to pull a TD pump up the crap...RW is a senile old man.

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 07:14 AM
Sounds like a bad attempt to pull a TD pump up the crap...RW is a senile old man.

:rolleyes:

Ralph is not senile.

Historian
12-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Yes. Wish I knew the true story. As I've said before, Ralph and Lou should write books.

It's not really that hard to figure out is it?

Ralph's a meddler, and can be a hothead.

Meddled with Collier, meddled with Rauch, meddled with Knox, probably even meddled with Levy.

Ran Polian and Butler out of town.

Now you can say, Hey, it's his team, he can do what he wants with it.

Okay, that may be true.

Just don't expect to win a lot of Super Bowls that way.

don137
12-20-2006, 07:23 AM
Well when you have the likes of Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough, etc. it's not hard to move up the ranks...

mybills
12-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Ralph thinks so....

“After Marv Levy, (Dick Jauron) is the best coach this team has ever had,” Wilson said.

I said the same thing the other day! :up:
mybills :hi5: Ralph

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2006, 08:00 AM
With all the talent he had, I never thought Marv was all that hot. :couch:

bloch1ef7
12-20-2006, 08:22 AM
1. Marv
2. Lou
3. Dick

OpIv37
12-20-2006, 08:27 AM
I have to admit that Jauron has been a pleasant surprise- while he's done some stupid things, he's also been a lot better than I thought he'd be and he's done a lot without much talent or experience.

That being said, he's had 14 games and he has a .500 record over that span- I think calling him the second best coach in team history is premature at this point. Hopefully Ralph is right, but time will tell.

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 08:28 AM
Wade Phillips had a winning record as Bills head coach too.

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 08:28 AM

Ralph is not senile.You know this how?

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Note to ralph....if he is your 2nd best coach ever...THEN SPEND THE DAMN MONEY TO HELP HIM WIN A SUPERBOWL!!!

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 08:30 AM
You know this how?

Since he is making the assertion, the burden of proof is upon him.

If not, then prove to me you are not senile. ;)

HHURRICANE
12-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Ummm...I like Jauron.....always have.

But Lou Saban is the only Coach to ever win a league title here.

They say the memory is the first thing to go....after the old joystick.

Don't forget Wilson hated Saban!!

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2006, 08:38 AM
You know this how?
He wears a cool Bills jacket and has henchmen.

He still knows what is going on.

bloch1ef7
12-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Ralph is Raw!

ParanoidAndroid
12-20-2006, 09:24 AM

Meddled with Collier, meddled with Rauch, meddled with Knox, probably even meddled with Levy.

Okay, that may be true.

Don't forget what he did to Wade Phillips before the infamous Tennessee wildcard game. His insistance that Rob Johnson play instead of a red hot Doug Flutie was the bonehead move of the decade.

HHURRICANE
12-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Don't forget what he did to Wade Phillips before the infamous Tennessee wildcard game. His insistance that Rob Johnson play instead of a red hot Doug Flutie was the bonehead move of the decade.

I have to say that I was totally behind starting Rob Johnson. Don't forget that we had won the game. We had a special teams meltdown and that's what cost us the game.

Typ0
12-20-2006, 09:29 AM

Ralph is not senile.

umm....he doesn't know what day it is. He has trouble connecting thoughts and ideas together. There is as good a chance the guy is incompetent as there is he is still able to run this team.

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 09:33 AM
To think he wanted Sherman. Glad you listened to Marv Ralphy.

kernowboy
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Dick Jauron has been a pleasant surprise along with Marv. With a team many considered one of the lesser talented sides I still struggle to believe we are 7-7 and still in the playoff hunt. Whilst it is easier to compare him with Williams and Mularky I wonder how many coaches could have taken a 2-5 team and then make then 5-2. He had some tough calls to make and didn't shirk them.

I am totally unconvinced by the needs to spend gazillions in Free Agency. For every one good signing there seems to be a shocker.

I want Marv/Dick/Ralph to start off with retaining our core youngsters in JP, Lee, Angelo and if possible Nate. Sign the two kickers pronto. Upgrade the contracts of Terrance Pennington, Kevin Ellison, Ko Simpson, and Duke Preston. They've done well in trying circumstances.

In free agency sign young players that fit our team, have good character and have upside - the likes of David Diehl, Matt Wilhelm, TJ Duckett, Ernest Wilford, the types of players who regard winning as more important than what the signing bonus is.

Rely on the guys to weave their magic in the draft again - I want two starters and 4 strong depth players as a minimum.

and Dick may then get a chance to prove he's the best coach we ever have had ......................

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 09:43 AM
In Marv and Dick we trust.

Can't wait to see what they do in FA'cy to fix our problems. I just know MArv this time will address "run and stop the run".

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 09:44 AM

Okay, that may be true.

PERFECT! His franchise has been crap outside if a few years and we all know why.

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 09:46 AM
In Marv and Dick we trust.

Can't wait to see what they do in FA'cy to fix our problems. I just know MArv this time will address "run and stop the run".

Really? I see him being stuborn and sticking with the DL we have which = the offense needing 30 points a game to win....IF they can get back on the field.

Marv needs to quit with his obcession of Chicago's defense unless he is going to sign the next tommie harris and B Urlacher

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Really? I see him being stuborn and sticking with the DL we have which = the offense needing 30 points a game to win....IF they can get back on the field.

Marv needs to quit with his obcession of Chicago's defense unless he is going to sign the next tommie harris and B UrlacherIt's his first year and he's already doing well. You need to chill about Marv even though he's making you look bad .

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 10:03 AM

"red hot"???????

ublinkwescore
12-20-2006, 02:28 PM
He wears a cool Bills jacket and has henchmen.

He still knows what is going on.

I heard his henchmen preferred to be called Minions instead though - it gets them more fired up before they go do bad stuff.

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 02:56 PM
It's his first year and he's already doing well. You need to chill about Marv even though he's making you look bad .

He hasn't made me look bad at all. I said DT in the draft so we could stop the run, he said SS...how did that work out? We are one of the worst in the NFL at stopping the run and it has cost us at least two games.

Marv hasn't made me look bad at all. What is bad is his passing on common football sense, run, stop the run. He didn't help us this offseason do either.

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 03:03 PM
Marv should listen to you.

As I recall you wanted Bunkely who has done crap this year. AS matter of fact he is now a game day inactive.

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 03:43 PM
He hasn't made me look bad at all. I said DT in the draft so we could stop the run, he said SS...how did that work out? We are one of the worst in the NFL at stopping the run and it has cost us at least two games.

Marv hasn't made me look bad at all. What is bad is his passing on common football sense, run, stop the run. He didn't help us this offseason do either.

Haha! We believe you. :crazy:

Saratoga Slim
12-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Marv should listen to you.

As I recall you wanted Bunkely who has done crap this year. AS matter of fact he is now a game day inactive.

Is that true? Bunkley isn't even dressing for games? That's great, in a self-serving sort of way. I was kind of rooting for us to draft him if one of the marquee guys didn't fall.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2006, 06:05 PM

I would tend to agree with this because quite frankly it is ABSURD to declare Dick the 2nd best coach without even have ONE season under his belt. Talk about pouring the Kool Aid - given the lack of tcket sales, I'd say he's trying to use some of TD's old tricks.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Ralph is just showing support, I doubt he means these things. We all have a little politician in us.

SABURZFAN
12-20-2006, 07:38 PM
You know this how?

a little bird in Maple Grove told him.

SABURZFAN
12-20-2006, 07:42 PM
He hasn't made me look bad at all.

Marv hasn't made me look bad at all.

you make yourself look bad after you press Submit Reply. :rolleyes:

ParanoidAndroid
12-20-2006, 07:55 PM
I have to say that I was totally behind starting Rob Johnson. Don't forget that we had won the game. We had a special teams meltdown and that's what cost us the game.

The point is well taken. However, Johnson was not very good for 3 quarters of that game and the offense had been clicking with Flutie. I have a hard time believing that the Bills wouldn't have put a couple more scores on the board with Flutie chucking it to Moulds the way he was. Would Flutie have taken the safety like Johnson did? I bet not.

YardRat
12-20-2006, 07:59 PM
1. Marv
2. Lou
3. Chuck
4. Wade
5. Dick

gr8slayer
12-21-2006, 12:36 AM
If Jauron can some how get us into the playoffs I don't think there is any doubt that he deserves A TON of credit. We have been losers for too long.