PDA

View Full Version : Saban leaving Miami?

billsburgh
12-20-2006, 02:43 AM
TIDE KEEPS ON ROLLING
No matter how often Dolphins coach Nick Saban says he is not interested in the vacant Alabama coaching job, the school will not listen.

A source close to the situation said that Alabama keeps on making runs at Saban and that it will not, under any circumstances, take no for an answer.

One NFL head coach even said he had been told that Saban was getting closer to accepting a job at Alabama, even though he has repeatedly and adamantly denied any interest in the job.

But each time he has turned down the school, Alabama has come back again and again with more lucrative offers. The school has some serious cash to throw around and it keeps offering to throw it Saban's way.

The question now is, does it have enough to lure away the big fish.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9880915
jumping ship already?

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 02:44 AM
If he does, He will never coach in th NFL again IMO

Historian
12-20-2006, 02:49 AM
I have a great Coach in mind for you fish:

Rich Kotite!

He's ready for a comeback.

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 02:50 AM
:eek:

Might as well bring Wanny back

billsburgh
12-20-2006, 02:51 AM
I have a great Coach in mind for you fish:

Rich Kotite!

He's ready for a comeback.
:roflmao: excellent choice

Historian
12-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Wanny would be an excellent choice.

As would Kevin Gilbride!

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 05:44 AM
If he does, He will never coach in th NFL again IMO

Why would he want to? Screw the NFL a college coach is the gig you want

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 05:48 AM
He gave up a great college gig to go after his dream job...an NFL head coach :duh:

jamze132
12-20-2006, 06:07 AM
He gave up a great college gig to go after his dream job...an NFL head coach :duh:
But the book is still out on whether or not he can handle it or rather does he want to handle it. He needs to pull a Spurrier.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2006, 06:16 AM
Saban always seemed like a Aqua / Coral kind of guy as well.

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2006, 06:19 AM
I heard the Fish are looking to replace Saban with Moobs.

Bufftp
12-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Promote from within, Mularkey with a creative offense for the 19th century!

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 06:21 AM
uhhhh....no!! Dom Capers maybe :idunno:

Historian
12-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Rick Ventiuri!

He's seasoned!

Keep Murakey as OC...and add Ronnie Jones as your ST Coach.

The only spot missing is Defensive coordinator, where Greg Williams will be your man.

He'll find a position for Jason Taylor...like...defensive backfield.

And Zack Thomas can play fullback.

Sammie Morris at nose taclke.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Promote from within, Mularkey with a creative offense for the 19th century!

Oh yeah, please do this.:drive:

casdhf
12-20-2006, 07:34 AM
Ditka wants back ... he would have the rights to RIckey!!

ICE74129
12-20-2006, 07:45 AM
He gave up a great college gig to go after his dream job...

then why did he go to miami?

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 07:48 AM
:blah:

jamze132
12-20-2006, 08:01 AM
But seriously, Mularkey would be a great fit as the HC of Miami. And need I say more when I mention Ricky? The guy can be a beast on trick punt plays!

I have been racking my brain coming up with the ultimate gadget play which will be e-mailed to one of Mularkey's kids who were picked on in Buffalo. It should help their dad get back some of his credibility as an NFL coach.

The ultimate play requires, in addition to the O-line; 3 Qbs, a punter, a place kicker, and an additional long snapper... but it's not ready yet, I am still trying to figure out how the LDE on defense is most likely to react. It's crucial that he attempts an outside rush against the additional long snapper who has taken a 5 step drop.

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 08:03 AM
you guys have jokes....weak ones but jokes none the less

RedEyE
12-20-2006, 08:03 AM

We rollin' doooooggg.

Night Train
12-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Miami will just bump Mularkey up to HC. :bf1:

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 08:05 AM
Miami will just bump Mularkey up to HC. :bf1:Head Caterer:idunno:

Gunzlingr
12-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Shirley Temple asked Saban point blank if he was going to take the Alabama job and Saban wouldn't answer yes or no. He pulled a Willis and danced around the question. I think it is a good possibility he leaves.

bloch1ef7
12-20-2006, 08:20 AM
Keep MM! He won't **** UP!

HHURRICANE
12-20-2006, 08:38 AM

I actually like you but i have to say that Maimi is going to be sucking for a while. If Saban quits Mike Mularkey will probably get promoted!!:drive:

Mudflap1
12-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Guys,

In addition to buying Bills tickets, I think it's worth our while to pitch in to the Miami organization to help pay for Mularkey's salary, just so we can ensure he remains as a coach for the Carp for years to come. That's two wins a year we can count on! If we chip in enough, who knows, maybe head coach isn't out of the question!

Jon

clumping platelets
12-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Wanny would be an excellent choice.

As would Kevin Gilbride!

Moo-lark-key :snicker:

njsue
12-20-2006, 10:07 AM
He may just do that after the crushing loss 21-0.

gr8slayer
12-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Would be the smartest thing he has ever done for himself. Although I hope he stays because he is too easy to own.

HAMMER
12-20-2006, 10:18 AM
I hope Saban stays, he hasn't accomplished anything in Miami.

HHURRICANE
12-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Please, please, let MM stay in Miami. That was the biggest gift we ever got. Our rebuilding started a year early and our rival got the biggest peice of crap OC in the game.

Sidenote: If Fairchild and Schonert and not been managing JP's progress this year I think MM would have ruined him for life. JP should be thanking God that MM quit!!

Bufftp
12-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Actually you guys have Jokes. Mularkey.

Jeff1220
12-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Seriously, if Saban leaves, who do you see Miami hiring? Gruden might be available...he likes Florida. Jim Mora Jr? former 'Bama coach Mike Shula? Hmmm.

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 07:22 PM
I actually like you but i have to say that Maimi is going to be sucking for a while. If Saban quits Mike Mularkey will probably get promoted!!:drive:Dom Capers is the special assistant to Saban...if anyone got the job it would be him

LtFinFan66
12-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Mularkey.another weak joke from Buffalo :wtf:

dolphan117
12-20-2006, 09:33 PM
He isn't leaving guys. Why the media continues to peddle this story is beyond me.

(On if he’s been contacted by the University of Alabama) – “No, I haven’t. I don’t care to be. I don’t want to be. I have a job to do here. My focus is on our players, this team, us getting better, and us playing good, winning football here. I’m not interested in any other circumstances or situations anyplace else. Mike Shula is a good guy. He’s a friend. I hate to see anybody not being able to maintain. I think he’s done a good job there and should have been given an opportunity to stay there.”

(On if he’s annoyed or flattered when his name comes up for open coaching positions) – “It’s always flattering to be considered for anything. I have a lot of respect for a lot of these things, but this has been the case for years. When I was in college, it was always about coming to the pros. This is the challenge that I wanted. I had a good college job, so why would I have left that if I would be interested in another college job? I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven’t seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finish the job here, so why I would I be interested in something else?”

(On if any school has contacted him about a coaching position) – “Nobody’s contacted me. I haven’t talked to anybody about anything. I wouldn’t talk to anybody about anything regardless of that. I thought I said that.”
Link (http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=4898&lid=4898)

(On if Alabama offered him the head coaching job) – “I never talked to Alabama, so when you talk about getting offered a job or I hear numbers, I hear all kinds of stuff – I really learn more about it from the media. When I walked in the door last night after 10 o’clock my mom says, ‘well your picture is on the news. You’re interviewing for a job.’ I said, ‘I don’t think so. Where did you get that from?’ I was here working all night. It’s amazing that some things get out there that really aren’t so. They’re really not so. I’m flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really ever progressed because we just never let it progress. That’s the way it is. I have nothing to hide relative to all this or anything else. There is a lot of speculation, a lot of rumor and a lot of innuendo. It’s unsubstantiated in many, many ways. It’s unfortunate that my family has to hear that or even our team has to hear things like that when it really just isn’t true. You have to always consider the source. That’s what I’m told.”

(On if Alabama spoke with Jimmy Sexton) – “I’m sure they talked to Jimmy. They called Jimmy and said, ‘is Nick interested?’ and Jimmy said, ‘no.’ Jimmy asked me on several occasions and I said, ‘no. I’m interested in staying here. We’re in a middle of a season. I’m committed to our team and our players trying to do what we have to do.’ It’s not a very good time to think about things like that to be honest with you. You’re focused on what you’re doing right now. That’s the most important thing that you’re doing.”

(On if he is upset that various news sources keep reporting that he has an interest in the Alabama job) – “It’s nothing I can control. It’s really nothing I can control. I have to focus and worry about the things that I can control. I can’t control that, what some Alabama newspaper puts in the paper that’s probably unsubstantiated from anybody that knows what’s really happening. It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous. I haven’t even talked to anybody and all of a sudden someone’s coming here to interview me. It’s ridiculous. It’s like a lot of things, people read it in the paper they think it’s true. You guys do that too. Sometimes you put stuff in the paper that really is not substantiated either. Not to point any fingers at anybody.”

(On if he has spoken to his players about the rumors) – “I think that kind of stuff is family business that shouldn’t be talked about publicly. I’m always going to tell the players whatever I think I need to tell them to make sure their mind’s at ease and they can focus on what they need to focus on. I don’t think that’s something that needs to be talked about publicly.”
Link (http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=4933&lid=4933)

MikeInRoch
12-20-2006, 10:19 PM
http://www.inwaltwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/forrest-gump.jpg

I think Saban should go back to GREENBOW, ALABAMA!

LtFinFan66
12-21-2006, 07:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705288

Saban: 'I'm not going to be the Alabama coach'

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->Associated Press

<!-- begin presby2 -->
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div -->
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->DAVIE, Fla. -- Nick Saban says he doesn't browse the Internet, never sends e-mails or surfs from site to site.
He might have to start soon, if only to follow the persistent rumors about him and his future.
A story posted on NFL.com this week said Alabama "keeps on making runs at Saban" in an effort to persuade the Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) coach to return to college and take over in Tuscaloosa for fired Mike Shula. The same story even said an unnamed NFL head coach said Saban is getting closer to joining the Crimson Tide.
I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Goobylal
12-21-2006, 07:52 PM
I want Saban to stay. The Bills are 3-1 against him, and would be 4-0 if not for that idiot Mularkey, who Saban picked-up.

billsburgh
12-23-2006, 11:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2705288

I guess I have to say it," Saban said. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach
At least not until the NFL season is over.