PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Won't rest their starters...

Lexwhat
12-20-2006, 03:21 AM
Does Chris Brown know what he's talking about??

2. Baltimore to beat Pittsburgh this weekend
If the Ravens beat the Steelers they will have clinched a first-round playoff bye. As long as San Diego wins at Seattle this weekend, there would be nothing for the Ravens to play for concerning playoff positioning in their season finale with the Bills. ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What the hell happened to the Colts?? Both the Ravens and Colts have an 11-3 record. The Chargers are 12-2. There are a lot of possiblities:

1. Chargers lose, Ravens win - WEEK 16...the Ravens and Chargers would be tied at 12-3. However, the Ravens hold the tie-breaker over the Chargers due to head-to-head meeting. The Ravens would then control their own destiny. If they beat the Bills the final week, they will clinch the #1 seed in the AFC.

2. Chargers win, Ravens win - WEEK 16...The Ravens would STILL have a shot at the #1 seed in the AFC if they beat the Bills in the final week and the Chargers lose in the final week to Arizona.

3. Ravens win, Colts win - WEEK 16...The Ravens and Colts would be tied at 12-3. It seems as if the Colts will hold the tie-breaker over the Ravens, but I am not sure. However, this still means that the Ravens would have something to play for against the Bills. If the #1 seed goes to San Diego, and the Colts end up losing to Miami, then Ravens will take the #2 seed and a 1st-round bye.

4. Ravens win, Colts lose - WEEK 16...The Ravens would STILL need to beat Buffalo to clinch the #2 seed. The Ravens, if they beat Buffalo, would finish 13-3 while the Colts would finish 12-4.

...I could be wrong, but I have thought about this. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but if the Ravens beat the Steelers this weekend, they WILL have something to play for in week 17.

I think the BEST thing that can happen is for the Ravens to LOSE to the Steelers and have the Colts and Chargers win...

But thats not all...The Patriots would also have to LOSE this weekend to Jacksonville so that the Ravens would be ensured the #3 seed with nothing to play for. That's the ONLY possible way that the Ravens would rest their starters...

Of course, if the Jaguars beat the Patriots, it makes things even more complicated...The Chiefs would have to lose to Oakland this weekend, AND then beat Jacksonville in week 17 to ensure our wild-card possibility.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line, if I am correct in my thinking -- there is a 99% chance that the Ravens will NOT rest their starters. We will need to beat their 1st team.

Lexwhat
12-20-2006, 03:28 AM
Check that...if the Jaguars win, they would have to lose to the Chiefs in the final week to best ensure our wild-card. The Chiefs DO NOT have to lose to Oakland this weekend if we can win out.

jamze132
12-20-2006, 06:16 AM
I would rather beat the Ravens with Ray Lewis' ass on the field.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2006, 06:18 AM
I would rather beat the Ravens with Ray Lewis' ass on the field.

I want Ray to watch his team lose 2 weeks in a row to the Bills as well.

Saratoga Slim
12-20-2006, 08:50 AM
I can't handle all these scenarios anymore. I'm rooting for the Bills to win out, and letting the chips fall where they may.

HHURRICANE
12-20-2006, 09:29 AM
I can't handle all these scenarios anymore. I'm rooting for the Bills to win out, and letting the chips fall where they may.

No wiser words have been spoken!!

Lexwhat
12-20-2006, 10:51 AM

Then don't read it. I thought maybe someone might wonder if the Ravens would sit their starters, which they probally won't.

OpIv37
12-20-2006, 10:53 AM
so we'll have to beat their starters. We've had to play everyone else's starters to get where we are now- oh well, those are the breaks.

The last buffalo fan
12-20-2006, 11:27 AM
It will be better. Because if we get in, we have to play great teams in playoffs and no second or third stringers. Also, what a nice way to start a postseason game, after beating one of the best teams in the league, motivated teams are the worst to face...........................watch out if we get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gobills: :jam:

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2006, 11:31 AM
I love scenarios!

Tatonka
12-20-2006, 11:37 AM
i really dont want the bills to play a back up ravens team.. i want us to beat the best.. we hung with indy, new england, and san diego.. the ravens game is winable.

Iehoshua
12-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Not to mention the last time we were playing for playoff lives against backups, it didn't go too well...
:ill:

Oh wait, that was when Drew Benchedsoe was still here! :dance:

Meathead
12-20-2006, 12:13 PM
hell id rather the ravens play their cheerleaders if that would get us in the playoffs

Statman
12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Maybe the Titans plane will crash and half the Ravens will come down with the flu and we can make the playoffs.

Then in the wild card round maybe the team we play will all get food poisoning the night before to advance to the divisional round where if things go well our opponent's hotel will burn down forcing most of them to the hospital for smoke inhalation and rendering them unable to play to advance to the AFC championship game. With any luck then the players on the other team will have their milk spiked so that they all get drunk and show up to the game hungover and at 50% to advance to the Super Bowl where we'll play the worst team that made the playoffs in the NFC by pure happenstance. Then maybe we can be champions.

Wouldn't that feel great! I know I'd be really excited if that happened.

Statman
12-20-2006, 01:03 PM
LMAO

WTH ever happened to just kicking the sh** out of the opponent?

jamze132
12-21-2006, 02:42 AM
If we do win out and not get in, then we should can blame the schedulers for giving us quite possibly the toughest schedule this year.

Look at ESPN's Power ranking. We play every top 5 team; 6 games since the Pats are #5.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

ps - Tell Ralph to not piss off the schedulers next year.