PDA

View Full Version : Players That Are Virtually Useless

bloch1ef7
12-20-2006, 08:31 AM
1. Chris Villarial- old / injury prone.

2. Daimen Shelton- good run blocker / can't catch.

3. Kevin Everett- Cieslak came off ps and is playing in front of you, wtf?

4. Sam Aiken- Andre Davis is superb on st and sa is now useless.

5. Shaud Williams- Have you even played a down on offense?

6. Tim Anderson- With KW and McCargo coming back next year, see ya!

7. Takeo Spikes- Ellison is outplaying you and he's making 1/8 of what you do!

These players could be replaced with free agency and the draft, what do you think?

BillsNick
12-20-2006, 08:33 AM

These players could be replaced with free agency and the draft, what do you think?

I disagree with everyone of these except Shaud Williams, and maybe Villarial

Jeff1220
I agree w most of it, but I wouldn't dump TKO just yet. He's still a vocal leader and should be given this season as a recouperating year. Next year really determines if he can become what he's been.

OpIv37
agree with everyone with the possible exception of Spikes- he may just need more time, but I'm starting to have my doubts that he'll ever be more than just a shell of his former self.

HHURRICANE
12-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Agree!!! However, Spikes will probably come back!!

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Shelton can't even block.

mayotm
12-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Spikes has been more active the past few weeks despite some injuries. It's too early to give up on him.

bloch1ef7
12-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Shelton can't even block.
ha!

bloch1ef7
12-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Spikes has been more active the past few weeks despite some injuries. It's too early to give up on him.
The fact is Ellison is outplaying him and i'm willing to dump spikes for fletcher to re-sign!

OpIv37
12-20-2006, 08:38 AM
I disagree with everyone of these except Shaud Williams, and maybe Villarial

You're nuts.

Villarial is washed up and has his last big contract- he dogs it on the field. He's a backup and nothing more at this point in his career.

Tim Anderson BLOWS. Watch him during games. He'll stuff one run then spend the rest of the game 4+ yards into the defensive backfield. They might as well just play him at linebacker cuz he's never within 5 yards of the LOS anyway.

Shelton has good days and bad days, even when it comes to blocking. He's not consistent and has had some miserable performances this year.

Is Sam Aiken even still on our roster? He hasn't made a ST play or a catch in weeks.

Everett has done nothing except commit penalties.

Spikes doesn't look anything like Takeo Spikes anymore and he's constantly injured. I have some hope that he can come back, but it's dwindling every week.

Earthquake Enyart
12-20-2006, 08:39 AM
I agree with the whole list except for Spikes.

BillsNick
12-20-2006, 08:45 AM
You're nuts.

Villarial is washed up and has his last big contract- he dogs it on the field. He's a backup and nothing more at this point in his career.

Tim Anderson BLOWS. Watch him during games. He'll stuff one run then spend the rest of the game 4+ yards into the defensive backfield. They might as well just play him at linebacker cuz he's never within 5 yards of the LOS anyway.

Shelton has good days and bad days, even when it comes to blocking. He's not consistent and has had some miserable performances this year.

Is Sam Aiken even still on our roster? He hasn't made a ST play or a catch in weeks.

Everett has done nothing except commit penalties.

Spikes doesn't look anything like Takeo Spikes anymore and he's constantly injured. I have some hope that he can come back, but it's dwindling every week.

I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about "Virtually useless players"

Shelton is hardly usless, and has laid down some good blocks for 21 this year

Tim Anderson is debatable, but has contributed some as well.

Everett can't be considered useless until we get a chance to see what he's got.

Spikes is far from "Useless".

Villariall and Williams are the two glaring turds.

Mr. Miyagi
12-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Replace Spikes on that list with Matt Bowen and I'm all in.

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Spikes stays.

BillsNick
12-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Now, if this was a list of "Replacable" players, I'd say Spikes is the one that stays.

OpIv37
12-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Players who show up for some games and disappear for others are useless. I've seen Shelton standing there blocking air while McGahee gets tackled in the backfield on numerous occasions.

Everett has had chances- all he's managed is penalty yards. Hell, Cieslak came of the friggin Practice Squad when Nuefeld got injured and jumped ahead of Everett in a week. Everett has been in on offensive plays and has done nothing.

And you're just wrong on Tim Anderson. The guy does nothing. He is the very definition of useless. He's on the roster cuz we couldn't find anyone else. The guy is terrible.

Spikes isn't useless yet but he could go either way- if he improves and starts getting back to form, obviously he's not useless. If he continues to be injured and plays mediocre when he's not injured, "useless" would be a fitting description. The jury's still out on that one.

Villarial and Williams are definitely useless. I wish we had kept Gates.

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 09:14 AM
Who would've thought that Wire would not be in anyones list?

ParanoidAndroid
12-20-2006, 09:16 AM

We did see Everett. So did the coaches, which is why he is last on the depth chart. Our scouts were sold a lemon.

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Players who show up for some games and disappear for others are useless. I've seen Shelton standing there blocking air while McGahee gets tackled in the backfield on numerous occasions.

You have to wonder sometimes who's fault that is. I was very frustrated watching Willis dance in the backfield last Sunday. A lot of those plays were right in front of us.

BillsNick
12-20-2006, 09:21 AM
We did see Everett. So did the coaches, which is why he is last on the depth chart. Our scouts were sold a lemon.

He was injured all of last year, wasn't he? We know he's a lemon after one year? He hasn't had that many chances this year, so I think we can afford to give him some more time.

OpIv37
12-20-2006, 09:23 AM
You have to wonder sometimes who's fault that is. I was very frustrated watching Willis dance in the backfield last Sunday. A lot of those plays were right in front of us.

he was hit or miss last week. There were a few plays- one 3rd and long in particular- where he really fought hard for the extra yards. And a few plays when he did his backfield dance waiting for holes that never came instead of just running downhill.

Good point on Wire. The guy still makes me nervous at S, but he's proven to be versatile and hasn't been a liability (unlike, for example, benchwarmers making starting money like Villarial).

kernowboy
12-20-2006, 09:25 AM

Villarial, and Shelton are both past their sell buy date and need to be replaced. I would be happy signing David Diehl and even play Cieslak at FB

Everett is poor. He has been injured but scored low on his wonderlic, highlighted by the dumb penalties he's conceded. A draft pick could figure here or a FA signing - Dan Graham, Matt Herian (R4?)

I'm not sure on Aitken. He's always been a ST but never been given a chance as a possession reciever. I'd be happy to retain him as a 6ft+ reciever ahead of Davis.

Shaud Williams is just roster fodder. If we need a 3rd down back lets draft Wolfe, Dawson or Booker.

Anderson lacks the tools. I see his place going to the DT we'll probably draft hopefully Okoye.

TKOs better days are in the past. He's been servicable which makes him expendable at his cap price. I see a R1 pick here.

I would also add McGahee to this list. He has all the talent in the world but rarely delivers. He will want to play in the big markets at the end of the 2007 season and is a likely hold out because of this. I would like to dump him not for maximum draft value in the 2008 draft, sign a free agent for 2007 to platoon with A-Train, like TJ Duckett, and unless the latter proves an awesome pick up, manoevre for someone like McFadden in R1'08

Saratoga Slim
12-20-2006, 09:29 AM
If Everett had much potential, he wouldn't be 3rd behind Brad Cieslak.

I'm OK with any of the above being replaced in the offseason except Spikes (who I want to see after another offseason of healing). But I could be persuaded that Aiken is worth keeping depending on how other personnel moves shake out, and Shelton depending upon who's available to replace him. He can't catch too well, but not many true blocking FBs can.

ParanoidAndroid
12-20-2006, 09:52 AM
He was injured all of last year, wasn't he? We know he's a lemon after one year? He hasn't had that many chances this year, so I think we can afford to give him some more time.

Perhaps he is still feeling the effects of his injury, but he has had as much time as the rookie free agent ahead of him on the depth chart and also had more practice reps from preseason all the way to week 7 when he was benched.
Everett has 4 starts, has been active for all 14 games and has one reception for 1 yard to show for it.
Ceislak has been active for only 5 games, has no starts and has been more productive (4 catches for 29 yards including 2 for first downs).
Neufeld was more productive before he left with the injury and Royal has definately been showing his worth as of late.
If he didn't make so many dumb mistakes, I would think otherwise, but I seriously doubt he's going to do anything in Buffalo.
I have been wrong before, though. That's for sure.

njsue
12-20-2006, 10:26 AM

Tim Anderson Stinks.

Takeo Spikes is core. He stays.

raphael120
12-20-2006, 10:34 AM
yeah all those players arent even good for depth.

keep spikes, he'll help our drafted LB's that i hope we'll draft, by tutoring them...hopefully he'll be that kind of giving player that vincent was.

really like the idea of getting rid of mcgahee and drafting a stud HB in the draft...look at all the diamond in the rough RB's in the last draft, it's crazy. then again, if we have a better line, we'll be good

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 10:41 AM
he was hit or miss last week. There were a few plays- one 3rd and long in particular- where he really fought hard for the extra yards. And a few plays when he did his backfield dance waiting for holes that never came instead of just running downhill.
that's my main problem with him. Consistency. You'd thnk that after 3 years he'd at least be consistent . I'm not asking for domination, just consistency.

Lexwhat
12-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Some of you guys are pathetic when it comes to Kevin Everett. He is a good athlete and this is basically his rookie year. You want to cut him just because he hasen't delivered immediately?? I'm glad you're not the GM...

Not to say he's gonna turn into anything, but give the guy another year.

Takeo Spikes? Am I the only one that is seeing some improvement? The guy isn't leaving after this year - if anything, he will leave after next year. The ONLY thing that well tell is more playing time.

Josh Stamer, Tim Anderson, Sam Aiken, Shaud Williams, Chris Villarial, Ryan Neufeld all flat-out suck.

Coy Wire and Andre Davis? Eh whatever. They do well on special teams - but I feel like we are wasting roster spots on them. I don't feel as if they can contribute anything to defense/offense if called upon. Use roster spots on guys that could actually step into the starting lineup if called upon.

Damien Shelton? I would love for us to grab a FB in round 3 who can
block AND run/catch. Shelton is one-dimensional...It would definetly make our offense more dynamic. A powerful goal-line runner is something we could really use.

John Doe
12-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Some of you guys are pathetic when it comes to Kevin Everett. He is a good athlete and this is basically his rookie year. You want to cut him just because he hasen't delivered immediately?? I'm glad you're not the GM...
Takeo Spikes? Am I the only one that is seeing some improvement? The guy isn't leaving after this year - if anything, he will leave after next year. The ONLY thing that well tell is more playing time.

Good points, particularly about Spikes. He is still hobbled by injuries from this year and last but he made some plays last week. Our run defense is definately better with him in the game. With another off-season to recover he could come back strong next year.

Coy Wire and Andre Davis? Eh whatever. They do well on special teams - but I feel like we are wasting roster spots on them. I don't feel as if they can contribute anything to defense/offense if called upon. Use roster spots on guys that could actually step into the starting lineup if called upon.

The core strength of the Bills is special teams. In order to keep that level of play the Bills need dedicated special teams players. As another poster has correctly stated, Wire also showed a lot of versatility this year. He is a good run support safety and was depth at linebacker as well.

Andre Davis has to be the fastest punt coverage gunner that I have ever seen.