PDA

View Full Version : Where do YOU think The Bills turned the corner?

joekurtz
12-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Die Hard Bills fan here, who has no prob making the admition that I just don't know a ton about the game. Boxing's my sport of "expertise" I guess you'd say.
Oh, I'd say that I have a decent eye for talent & more than enough knowledge to casually enjoy the games, but I want to hear what the rabid NFL fans opinion is.

BAM
12-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Texans game final drive no question.

shelby
12-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Reshuffling the o-line.

DynaPaul
12-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Adjustments made during the bye week. We came out shootin' after that.

Mitchy moo
12-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Bi-week adjustments put us in a position to be competitive.

Devin
12-20-2006, 04:53 PM
Bi-week

Does it go both ways?

justasportsfan
12-20-2006, 05:01 PM
Die Hard Bills fan here, who has no prob making the admition that I just don't know a ton about the game. Boxing's my sport of "expertise" I guess you'd say.
Oh, I'd say that I have a decent eye for talent & more than enough knowledge to casually enjoy the games, but I want to hear what the rabid NFL fans opinion is.
Pacquiao, Pacquiao!!!!! :jam:

jimmifli
12-20-2006, 05:13 PM
Reshuffling the o-line.
It was more than just that.

They gave JP a lot more quick throws, 3 steps and 5 steps, (no more 7s).

It also seems like he is scrambling more since then. I don't know if it's because they let him loose or he just started doing it himself but it has definitely helped.

MTBillsFan
12-20-2006, 05:15 PM
The last drive against Houston.
Our team grew up instead of backing down.

Meathead
12-20-2006, 05:15 PM
definitely the o-line shuffling, everything changed after that

if you want a specific game then its definitely the houson game. jp has been improving all year but he has had a noticeable spike in field presence since that game

Meathead
12-20-2006, 05:16 PM
hey jimmi isnt that pattern on the buffalo the same one that was on gorbechevs head?

BAM
12-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Texans game final drive no question.

I take this back... as far as the TEAM, you guys are right it was the bye week.

As far as JP, it was that drive.

jimmifli
12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
hey jimmi isnt that pattern on the buffalo the same one that was on gorbechevs head?

No, I just thought a blue and red Buffalo would look cool, so I coloured the"mane" red. I think it's actually a wood bison but if anybody crapped on me for that I'd make fun of them for being a nature nerd.

Gorby's buffalo mark is on my computer, I'll bring it back someday.

Meathead
12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
oh hey he is kinda blue i didnt notice that but the red looks orange to me. i have an old crappy monitor it could be that. and i dont know what a wood bison is but i think we should genetically engineer one that has a red mane down its sides. arent mv and eb biologists they could do it right

SABURZFAN
12-20-2006, 05:53 PM
when i started ranting after the Lions game.somebody had to put a foot in losman's ass.

The_Philster
12-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Adjustments made during the bye week. We came out shootin' after that.
that was key right there...O-line adjustments being a big part of it...it also coincided with Nate really becoming comfortable with the Cover 2 scheme...and of course starting over with JP

Dr. Lecter
12-20-2006, 05:58 PM
The Houston game was huge, and it goes to more than just play on the field.

Watching JP control the offense and players has been a treat since that game. They now follow him like he is their unquestioned leader. It was happening slowly before that, but increased dramitically after that game.

Him telling the players "****ing get open because I can't dump the ball off" might be the most beneficial thing he ever said.

And Jimmi, I disagree about the 7 step drops. They still use them (See Lee's long TD's). But now they can. The line blocks and the backs pick up the rushers that break through.

Mr. Cynical
12-20-2006, 06:02 PM
They are still "turning" the corner IMO.

joekurtz
12-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Funny how most of the sportswriters & 'casters predicted that going into the bye off of three straight losses was going to put the nail in the coffin for this year, but it did the opposite.

How important do you think that coming SO close to beating the then-unbeaten Colts that second game back was?

Still a loss though, propably growing up on the feild in those final seconds in Houston was more of a catalyst.

joekurtz
12-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Pacquiao, Pacquiao!!!!! :jam:

Yeah, he's definitely THE most exciting fighter in the game right now, that's for sure.

Can't deny Mayweather's skills, but damn, I think I'd rather watch Pacman hit the heavybag rather than watch most of Floyd's fights.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2006, 06:30 PM
They are still "turning" the corner IMO.

I agree. Once the Bills make the playoffs, then and only then have we turned the corner. It looks like our team is headed in the right direction, but I'm not fully convinced yet.. Mularkey had a 9-7 year in Buffalo as well. The true test is whether or not Jauron can keep this team on the right track through the grains of time.