PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry

ghz in pittsburgh
12-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Even though the ones who's responsible for getting Henry to where he is today are long gone, Henry struck me as one who will hold grudge to the Bills and will do all he can to show why he's better guy - particularly with McGahee on the other side line. With his performance recently and the status of Bills run defense, he could/should have a big day.

I also suspect that McGahee might have a little more fire than usual as well, knowing full well that Henry will try to show him up. If Mcgahee can match henry's performance, the Bills should win.

Meathead
12-20-2006, 07:02 PM
i loved henry as a player and im not surprised he is running well. im looking forward to watching him.

hes no willis though

Tatonka
12-20-2006, 07:05 PM
i wish we still had henry.

Devin
12-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Henry has played better then Willis this season so far.

HAMMER
12-20-2006, 07:15 PM
I was pissed he got dissed, I loved Travis Henry, "a bowling ball with spikes"

Cntrygal
12-20-2006, 07:29 PM
I hope playing against Henry fires WM up.

Drive 4 Five
12-20-2006, 07:33 PM
I liked Henry too. Why can't we all just get along?

Stewie
12-20-2006, 07:34 PM
15 carries, 38 yards.

Crisis
12-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Who did we draft with the pick we got from Henry?

mchurchfie
12-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I respectfully disagree. The runners that have hurt us the most are the cutback rbs with speed. Henry is more of a straight ahead runner with average speed. I think as long as the defense stays disciplined and in their lanes we keep him in check. The Tennesee QB could have more yards rushing than Henry, he is the one we need to worry about the most.

Philagape
12-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Who did we draft with the pick we got from Henry?

Youboty

Philagape
12-20-2006, 08:07 PM
The Bills need to build a lead and make Young beat us. If that happens, we'll eat him alive. We should be able to do it. Unleash JP like we did to the Texans.

vinceanity
12-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Lots of luck with that.

mchurchfie
12-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Lots of luck with that.
You're in our backyard...you'll need more luck than we'll need, believe that.;)
:monkeyp:Titans

jamze132
12-21-2006, 03:03 AM
I think Henry tries so hard to show us up, that he fumbles ata crucial point.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-21-2006, 05:23 AM
I respectfully disagree. The runners that have hurt us the most are the cutback rbs with speed. Henry is more of a straight ahead runner with average speed. I think as long as the defense stays disciplined and in their lanes we keep him in check. The Tennesee QB could have more yards rushing than Henry, he is the one we need to worry about the most.
If Henry is merely a straight runner with average speed, he would not have succeeded in NFL.

The guy has good instinct, and tackle breaking ability. I'm worried about Bills tackling the most.

In this case, I want the Bills to run into proper positions and wrap him and Vince Young up, not just getting into their vicinity and hoping for an arm tackle half tackle to bring them down.

njsue
12-21-2006, 05:53 AM
Travis Henry meet London Fletcher! :snicker:

Typ0
12-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Travis Henry meet London Fletcher! :snicker:

so you think he's going to get six yards a carry?

Typ0
12-21-2006, 06:44 AM
this game is going to come down to our offense. If we get a lead and don't turn the ball over we are going to kill them. The biggest thing that concerns me is the turnovers. We really need to protect the ball in this game or we are going to give them a chance to beat us.

vinceanity
12-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Fletcher will have 15 tackles this game but most will be 7 yds down field. We're going to run it 45-50 times so by chance alone his stats will look good. I bet he does not sniff VY once. He is a 6'5 Barry Sanders

casdhf
12-21-2006, 07:18 AM
http://www.maddenblitz.com/kelly/young3ce.jpg

vinceanity
12-21-2006, 07:21 AM
yeah.................if you think he is dumb after Sunday it will be because your Wonderlic is lower trust me...................kid has incredible football IQ

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2703350

ICE74129
12-21-2006, 07:23 AM
i loved henry as a player and im not surprised he is running well. im looking forward to watching him.

hes no willis though No he just out performs him. And how is it henry had better seasons in buffalo overall than Willis has? Hummmm....

vinceanity
12-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Well, he got some more motivation for this week. Titans just began talking money with him and all week long the papers said this game is huge to him. VY is on record as saying two weeks ago it was my day in the sun in Houston well this week its Cheese's week. It's going to be fun watching pound the rock.

SUMMARY: The Titans had preliminary conversations this week with agent Hadley Engelhard about a long-term contract for RB Travis Henry. "All things being equal, Travis has really enjoyed playing for Tennessee, likes the team, likes his teammates, likes the directions things are going in, and he enjoys being in the backfield with Vince Young," Engelhard said. "If things work out, it would be a great place for him to sign a long-term deal and possibly finish his career there." Henry is under contract through 2009, but the Titans need to rework his contract because of an $8.3 million roster bonus he is scheduled to collect next spring.

Philagape
12-21-2006, 08:47 AM
There are two ways to limit Henry's chances:

1. Build a big lead
2. Pound Willis and A-Train to keep Henry off the field.

Both won't be hard to do against Tennessee's dead-last defense. They're last in yards and in TOP.

Both teams have a good young QB and a good running back, but we have a better defense.