• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Fun game!!!

Jeff1220 and I drove up from D.C. for the game. Ran out of gas on the way back home and arrived back in D.C. at around 6 am just to get up a couple of hours later and meet our respective responsibilities for the day.

Fun trip nonetheless. Of course no trip to Buffalo is complete w/o wings which were had at the Big Tree. Not nearly as good as I remember them there, but halfway decent nonetheless. Typo met us there. We had just gotten in.

After that, over to Sean's place, Stadium Sportswear to scout out our TG set-up. Looks pretty good! I'll have some details out as soon as my DSL is back. As it is, I'm scrambling to get this up along w/ a few other posts. I'm having probs w/ my dial-up as well...

We met Sabre Ally, and BigDoug, who is BIG, and his son Eric. Bogus Trumper also showed up briefly w/ her son as well. Typ0 and Mikey also sat w/ us. Don't know if casdhf every made it. I never got a call from him to get his tix that he had won.

I think TT and Philster thought we were nuts as we got their attention from a full section away and snapped their pic. Both of them were picking their noses...

JK fellas!!!

1220 and I went over and introduced ourselves just prior to leaving.

Anyway, it was great meeting y'all and talking w/ Ally and Doug & Eric. Eric didn't hold up any nasty signs. Great little guy! My only issue w/ the parents up in Canada is that they indoctrinate their kids to love hockey more than the Bills!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

You're right, Wys...we DID think you were nuts. Had I not recognized Mikey with ya I wouldn't have known it was someone from the Zone.
    Anyway, looking forward to seeing you Labor day weekend...and trying out that wing sauce. BTW, as far as wings right close to he Ralph, try Danny's on the opposite corner from the Big Tree.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Rude American
      EE is my American Idol
      • Jul 2002

WYS, BigDoug can't be bigger than you!

If he is your size we have our O-line. How come nobody thought of this sooner?
      You want that hamburger on bun?

Comment

• Wys Guy
        • Jul 2002

IDK Rude, he didn't stand up. We were about to brawl before we realized it was each other, but Ally stepped in to break it up. He was up to my chin in the row in front of me...

Seriously, I think he may be.

Doug?

Philster,

LOL. I told Doug you guys probably thought we were loony and Doug retorted, "what do you mean think." LOL

Thanks for the heads-up on the wings. I'll have to go over there next time. Maybe after the Jets game...??

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Cntrygal
          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
          • Jul 2002

ummm Wys..... when the needle reaches "E" it means EMPTY, not EXTRA.
          Originally posted by notacon
          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
            IDK Rude, he didn't stand up. We were about to brawl before we realized it was each other, but Ally stepped in to break it up. He was up to my chin in the row in front of me...

Seriously, I think he may be.

Doug?

Philster,

LOL. I told Doug you guys probably thought we were loony and Doug retorted, "what do you mean think." LOL

Thanks for the heads-up on the wings. I'll have to go over there next time. Maybe after the Jets game...??
            Good idea. Helmet Guy and I usually head over there after games ourselves. We used to hit Big Tree but it got too crowded. Danny's is crowded as well but isn't a fire hazard in the same way as Big Tree can be. If you luck out, you may be able to hang out with Denny Lynch as well there. We've run into him and bought each other rounds before...heck of a guy!
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Sabre Ally
              • Jul 2002

Hey Wys, did you try using wing sauce in the tank when you ran out of gas? I bet it would work.

Comment

• Halbert
                I'm Not Normal
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
                Hey Wys, did you try using wing sauce in the tank when you ran out of gas? I bet it would work.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

Hey guys, it was nice putting some faces to the names here on the board.
                  As far as the ride home, I think Wy figured that all the wings we ate at the Big Tree would produce enough gas to keep us going until Maryland. Thanks to some PA Troopers and a couple of college kids, the whole gas situation only killed about an hour and a half. Considering the lack of gas, and the monsoon-like conditions we drove through, we made pretty good time getting back. Unlike Wingman though, I didn't get home until about 7:30, thanks to a nice nap off the side of I-70.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    • Jul 2002

Smart move....!!

After that 5th UFO spotting on the way home I was a bit worried about ya...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I just wanna say...you guys are nuts (*_*).

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

Philster and TT beat you to it...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BigDoug
                          1-800-SAD-GOAT
                          • Jul 2002

Pics: TypO & Mike 32282

Last edited by Ð; 08-18-2002, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• BigDoug
                            1-800-SAD-GOAT
                            • Jul 2002