• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Why not sign Samuel from NE?

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

He is a FA as well. Now NE might franchise him but if not we can get him for less than Clements.

Either way I'm not worried about losing clements. NO CB in the NFL with the way the rules are today, is worth taking up as much cap as clements will take up. If you make your DL and LB's better, you can WIN with 'average' CB's. Esp. with the cover 2 we are running.

I want to see a couple big DT's this offseason to start on the DL and possibly two LB's, one of which to replace spikes. Upgrade the OL and #2 WR and this team is a contender for the AFCE next year.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Why not sign Samuel from NE?

He is a ball hawk but he sucks in coverage. He gets flagged for PI constantly.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
      He is a ball hawk but he sucks in coverage. He gets flagged for PI constantly.
      Ah well, it was just a thought.

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

If Clements keeps playing like he has been, he'll be worth every penny.

Keep Clements. F**K Samuel.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

He is more suited for a team that has a great D-Line and applies the pressure up front, like NE. We are better off with the solid cover guys, like Winfield, McGee and Newman.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

If they are going to pay a guy like Samuel then pay a little more and keep NC.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Can we finish this season first before we scream out to get every FA that there is?

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsNick
                If Clements keeps playing like he has been, he'll be worth every penny.

Keep Clements. F**K Samuel.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• eyedog
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  Can we finish this season first before we scream out to get every FA that there is?
                  Who wants every fa ? Not me. I want the one that really mattters. Actually I don't want Briggs or Steinbach for the money, I'd rather keep NC. We can draft lb's and guards this draft.

Comment

Working...
                  X