PDA

View Full Version : Shameless, unwarranted hype

JoeMama
12-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Constant trash from the media.

Here are the so-called "expert" picks from CBSsportsline.

(link) (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/writers/expert/picks)

Props to Pete Prisco, who always gives the Bills a fair shake.

As for the rest...

It's amazing how even moderately intelligent "experts" can fall victom to such shameless, unwarranted hype over the Titans like a bunch of smitten children.

The Bills are a better team than the Titans from top to bottom.

Buffalo holds the edge at virtually every position. Except runningback, where Travis Henry is clearly having a better season than Willis McGahee.

Then factor in the cold, swirling, Decembers winds of RWS & you're gonna see the Titans fall to pieces against our Bills. Especially since Vince Young isn't half the quarterback JP Losman is. There's no way he masters the weathe

All of these chumps who are picking the Titans must exclusively watch ESPN highlights, b/c there's no logical justification for the Titans to be so heavily favored.

"Experts" be damned.

OpIv37
12-21-2006, 08:13 AM
I see too much overconfidence on this board- I sincerely hope the team is taking the Titans a lot more seriously than some of the posters here are.

Scary thought: you said Travis Henry is the one position where the Titans have an advantage. Well guess what? We happen to have a ****ty run D- this is not a good matchup for us.

SquishDaFish
12-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Who gives a CRAP if the media is giving us due. It will come when we shock the NFL with a SB victory. Until then we are never going to get any media hype. The titans are a good team also if you havent noticed. They are doing exactly what the Bills are doing. This is going to be a hard fought good game. Screw the media and GET OVER IT.

vinceanity
12-21-2006, 08:28 AM
and the poster trashing VY in this post is seriously clueless if he does not know VY can kill you with his legs and weather has no input there either. This game is the perfect storm for the Bills. They have a bad run D and we plan on running it down your throat all day long.

JoeMama
12-21-2006, 08:34 AM
I see too much overconfidence on this board- I sincerely hope the team is taking the Titans a lot more seriously than some of the posters here are.

Please.

This isn't about falling prey to over-confidence.

This is about the shameless hype lavished upon the darling Titans by the national media.

I follow the Titans on Direct TV when I'm not watching the Bills b/c I'm still interested in Travis Henry's career. One thing that hits me like a punch in the face everytime I watch Tennessee is how they fail to justify the hype bestowed upon them but the pundits.

The Titans are a decent team. Don't get me wrong. But they're not better than the Bills.

So understand, I'm not taking the Titans lightly - not that it matters - I'm not the one playing them on Sunday. And I doubt Dick Jauron is going to have the Bills unprepared to play on Sunday.

And look, here's a perfect microcosm of the Titans hype machine...

Vince Young is a pro-bowl alternative. Which is patently stupid. He's a terrible passer. He's going to be exposed for the fraud he is on Sunday. No way he has a good game at the Ralph in December.

alohabillsfan
12-21-2006, 08:35 AM
and the poster trashing VY in this post is seriously clueless if he does not know VY can kill you with his legs and weather has no input there either. This game is the perfect storm for the Bills. They have a bad run D and we plan on running it down your throat all day long.

I don't think you will be running when you are down by 17 points at half, and don't bring in the we can make comebacks crap because you are not playing the giants or the texans, you had a good year shoot for 8-8 next week against the pats!

JoeMama
12-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Scary thought: you said Travis Henry is the one position where the Titans have an advantage. Well guess what? We happen to have a ****ty run D- this is not a good matchup for us.

So?

The Titans have a even worse run defense than the Bills.

Willis McGahee is only 100 total yards behind Travis Henry for the season.

This could just as easily wind up being a big day for McGahee as Henry.

JoeMama
12-21-2006, 08:37 AM

Vince Young is overrated, plain & simple.

He's one of the absolute worst passers in the NFL.

Pro-bowl alternate?

Ridiculous.

Young can move a little. Big deal. We have linebackers that can contain him.

The bottom line is, 90 total yards ain't gonna cut it on Sunday.

JoeMama
12-21-2006, 08:41 AM
Who gives a CRAP if the media is giving us due. It will come when we shock the NFL with a SB victory. Until then we are never going to get any media hype. The titans are a good team also if you havent noticed. They are doing exactly what the Bills are doing. This is going to be a hard fought good game. Screw the media and GET OVER IT.

It's way more fun to make fun of the pundits than ignore them.

That's what power rankings, predictions, & all that junk is for. Entertainment value.

Dr. Lecter
12-21-2006, 08:42 AM

The Titans run defense is worse than the Bills.

Expect Willis to be runnign hard all day.

SquishDaFish
12-21-2006, 09:05 AM
DR that troll is blinded by his man love for VY to realize whos run D is worse.

madness
12-21-2006, 09:22 AM
CBS.SportsLine.com's NFL staff picks against the spread on every game every Wednesday for the upcoming week's games. Picks are based not on which team actually wins the game, but covers the spread. Spreads are subject to adjustment based on unforeseen factors. As such, picks are subject to change prior to games.

Harmon picked the Bills in his forecast but picked the Titans with the spread so I wouldn't put anymore thought into it, someone might hurt themselves.

JoeMama
12-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Harmon picked the Bills in his forecast but picked the Titans with the spread so I wouldn't put anymore thought into it, someone might hurt themselves.

That's good to see.

Although, I doubt anyone is actually sitting at their computers, literally angry about the picks.

It's all for entertainment purposes.

RedEyE
12-21-2006, 10:12 AM
I actually like Buffalo playing as underdogs.

Gunzlingr
12-21-2006, 10:12 AM

:rofl:

The Titans run D is worse than ours, Vince can't pass when the weather is good, what is he going to do in the Hawk, and Henry has a few more yards, but has been feast and famine.

SquishDaFish
12-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Not to mention Willis has missed some games

DynaPaul
12-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Please keeping hyping up the Titans. That way their overinflated egos will lead to overconfidence and we smack them in the face in the cold Buffalo winter. Yeah, Vince Young is another Vick, Cunningham, etc just making plays with his athleticism but the guy is dumb as a brick.

We'll see come Sunday...

justasportsfan
12-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Not to mention Willis has missed some gamesso did Henry.

That Guy
12-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Two things to note:

a) These are against the spread.

b) Prisco is one of two "experts" at Sportsline to have a winning record picking this year.

gr8slayer
12-21-2006, 05:59 PM
So?

The Titans have a even worse run defense than the Bills.

Willis McGahee is only 100 total yards behind Travis Henry for the season.

This could just as easily wind up being a big day for McGahee as Henry.
And McGahee has missed more games than Henry.

Scumbag College
12-21-2006, 06:05 PM
CBS is the same pregame show with idiots like Sharpe, Marino, and Esiason as their "experts" during the pregame shows. Without JB there, it would be like riding in the little yellow bus to summer school.

Take whatever they say with a grain of salt.

shelby
12-21-2006, 06:56 PM
i have nothing but respect for Travis Henry.
i really enjoyed watching him play for the Bills.

That being said, i believe this game is winnable IF we play mistake-free ball {read: no :curse:ing turnovers}.

:gobills:

YardRat
12-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Young and the Titans are the darling-of-the-month for the media because it's a good story...plain and simple.

G. Host
12-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Not to mention Willis has missed some games

Meaning Henry has been more durable.

Titans have a defense which can grab balls from QBs who are not careful with us, a QB and a RB who can run and good special teams. They are going to be a challenge.

mybills
12-22-2006, 06:23 AM
This will be a shoot-out.

As for the QB's....both are mobile.

But who throws better from the pocket?

madness
12-22-2006, 08:20 AM

Vince Young can throw from the pocket now? Well, good for him! :sigh: They grow up so fast.

mybills
12-22-2006, 08:26 AM
:snicker:

SABURZFAN
12-22-2006, 08:29 AM
DR that troll is blinded by his man love for VY to realize whos run D is worse.

there's a lot of homers in here blinded by the man love of losman too.

Dr. Lecter
12-22-2006, 11:39 AM
there's a lot of homers in here blinded by the man love of losman too.

And some blinded by their hatred.

ublinkwescore
12-22-2006, 02:44 PM

That would be Losman hands down.

mybills
12-22-2006, 02:47 PM
sorry, no smilie for sarcasm.
At least madness caught on. :snicker:

madness