PDA

View Full Version : Henry

BillsNick
12-21-2006, 08:42 AM
Is it wrong of me to wish that we never got rid of Travis? The more I think about it, he was really awesome for us, and he had that passion the we seem to be lacking in the running game. That dude played with a broken leg for half a season with the Bills. :cynic:

Man, TD and MooLarkey really screwed him over. The guy does nothing but produce for the Bills only to get treated like a ***** by those two.

We sure could use his 4.3 yards a carry this season.

I wish we still had Henry, and not Willis.

Sorry for the way everything went down, Travis. :sorry: We still love you.

JoeMama
12-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Is it wrong of me to wish that we never got rid of Travis? The more I think about it, he was really awesome for us, and he had that passion the we seem to be lacking in the running game. That dude played with a broken leg for half a season with the Bills. :cynic:

Man, TD and MooLarkey really screwed him over. The guy does nothing but produce for the Bills only to get treated like a ***** by those two.

We sure could use his 4.3 yards a carry this season.

I wish we still had Henry, and not Willis.

Sorry for the way everything went down, Travis. :sorry: We still love you.

One edge that Henry definitely has over McGahee is that he put forth 110% effort every play, every game w/ the Buffalo Bills. You never had to question whether or not he was going to bring his A game on any given Sunday.

I don't doubt that McGahee has heart, but it's not worn on his sleeves like it was w/ Henry. And one thing that strikes me as odd is that McGahee seems to play w/ more authority against Jonathan Vilma than any other run-of-the-mill game. I'd like to see that intensity every week.

Pride
12-21-2006, 08:51 AM
While on the surface I agree with you... there are WAAAY too many variables to concede that it was a bad decision.

Truth is, Henry used to be a fumbler. We drafted what was sure to be the #1 overall pick (prior to his injury) in McGahee. McGahee was to be faster than Henry, stronger than Henry, and gave us something that Henry didn't have... the big play ability.

With Henry you were going to get your 3.5-4 yards a carry... but he was never going to give you that 50 yard run after hitting the 2nd defensive level.

Also, if you remember back... Henry and McGahee split carries in the first 8 games of 04 (I think it was 04), and McGahee was a MUCH better back at the time... we all (probably including yourself) were calling for the "new blood" in McGahee.

Also, who is to say that Henry would be putting up his current numbers in this offense?

There are just too many variables to say that it was a bad decision... because truth is... we just can't and will never know.

Romes
12-21-2006, 08:52 AM
The Bills would have been better off keeping Henry and using the pick where we got McGahee for one of the lines...but hindsight is 20/20

BillsNick
12-21-2006, 08:57 AM
T-Hen was a warrior and he LOVED playing for the Bills and he LOVED the fans. He's the guy that would do anything it took to get the job done.

I'm not saying Willis sucks or anything, but can anyone here honestly say that they are confident in Willis at all?

Saratoga Slim
12-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Henry had some substance abuse problems for a while too. That four game break he took last year wasn't exactly a Carribean vacation.

But I agree, the guy has heart and wanted to be a Bill.

Philagape
12-21-2006, 08:59 AM
It did turn out to be a questionable decision. But the final verdict can't be known for a few more years.

Henry's success this year is comparable to McGahee's run in 04, and both were highly motivated. It was Willis' first extensive action in the NFL, and this year is Henry's first chance to be the starter since his Bills days. Both had something to prove.

Mitchy moo
12-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Travis also has some character issues, like dating younger than legal age and what have you. I'll pass thank you very much.

BillsNick
12-21-2006, 09:11 AM
Travis also has some character issues, like dating younger than legal age and what have you. I'll pass thank you very much.

Yes he did have some issues. But people grow up. Look at guys like Clements and JP.

JoeMama
12-21-2006, 09:13 AM

Henry was basically exonerated in that case.

It was one of those sitations where the girl lied about her age in a one night stand & Henry fell for it.

Poor judgement on Henry's part. But in legal terms, the judge didn't find Henry guilty of any sort of criminal intent.

Which was a good call. I think the token penalty was 100 hours community service & a suggestion to be more vigilant in the future.

jimmifli
12-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Henry has lots of 20+ runs for his career. He got labelled as a back that didn't make big plays, the label stuck. I just don't think its fair.

I think splitting carries also helped extend his career. If he had another season where he was 25+ carries per game he wouldv'e worn down even more than he did. A little "rest" does a body good.

BillsNick
12-21-2006, 09:15 AM
I agree. He has a 70 yard TD this year. I'd say that qualifies as a "big play".

TheGhostofJimKelly
12-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Travis had everything Bills fans loved, passion, guts, toughness, etc. He had made some major life errors which will haunt him forever, but no it isn't wrong.

Jimbuktu
12-21-2006, 09:48 AM
Let's all not forget that Henry probably would have been a Bill for life at a cheaper cost, whereas McGahee is probably going to bounce out of town the first chance he gets.

I think in hindsight, it ends up being a mistake. But who knew at the time? It was such a sexy pick, and like someone else said, McGahee would have been the No. 1 pick if not for the injury.

It's best not to think about it. It is what it is

justasportsfan
12-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Truth is, Henry used to be a fumbler. .

Guess who fixed his fumblitis? Fairchild .

G. Host
12-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Willis has never proved he was worth the amount of money Bills shelled out for him including the lost year and extra piicks. Henry got better coaching and became a better player; funny how so many Losman fans blame previous coaches on Losman's decelopment but blame Henry's on Henry only.

BillsNick
12-22-2006, 02:57 PM
WTF, G. Host??

Looks like you negged the wrong person
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p1778151 width="50%">Henry (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1778151#post1778151)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>12-22-2006 03:48 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 noWrap>G. Host (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=182)</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">Henry was not at fault SkoobyDumb! He is just dumb like you! http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5346/skoobyxm1.jpg</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

G. Host
12-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Sorry BillsNick. You are correct it was intended for somebody else.

quote=BillsNick]WTF, G. Host??

Looks like you negged the wrong person
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody id="collapseobj_usercp_reputation"><tr><td class="alt2">http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</td><td class="alt1Active" id="p1778151" width="50%">Henry (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1778151#post1778151)</td><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">12-22-2006 03:48 PM</td><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap">G. Host (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=182)</td><td class="alt2" width="50%">Henry was not at fault SkoobyDumb! He is just dumb like you! http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5346/skoobyxm1.jpg</td></tr></tbody></table>[/quote]

BillsNick
12-22-2006, 03:08 PM
It's all good! :hi5: