PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings

gr8slayer
12-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Somehow NYJ is still wayyyyyyyy ahead of us. :idunno:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/12/20/power.ranks2/index.html

justasportsfan
12-21-2006, 10:53 AM
you think that's bad? Some rankings have the titans very high (i saw somewhere 11th) inspite of having the worst D in the league. :crazy:

gr8slayer
12-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Worst D in the league? I like the sound of that going into Sunday.

Patrick76777
12-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Somehow NYJ is still wayyyyyyyy ahead of us. :idunno:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/dr_z/12/20/power.ranks2/index.html

NFC East teams and the Jets and Phins.

If they win just a couple of games, everyone falls in love with them. But in fact, each and every one of them are average at best.

gr8slayer
12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
NFC East teams and the Jets and Phins.

If they win just a couple of games, everyone falls in love with them. But in fact, each and every one of them are average at best.
The Cowboys are very average. They might be the most overrated team in the entire league right now.

Meathead
12-21-2006, 11:30 AM
i like the hawk bit deeply line

Jeff1220
12-21-2006, 11:36 AM
lol.

I'm sure that Joey Harrington is feeling mighty low about his 5-for-17 day in Buffalo, and the only consolation I can offer is that he joins a long list of QBs who perished when the Hawk was flying. I once kept a list of statistical disasters on high wind days in Buffalo. Such notables as Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Marino and many more suffered days as bad or worse than what Harrington went through.

I didn't think it was possible to be worse than 0.0. Can a QB have a negative rating?

ublinkwescore
12-21-2006, 01:54 PM
I'd like to hear what Jim Kelly has to say about JP now.

(I know he's always supported him, but I would still like to hear Kelly's thoughts on him even now).

TigerJ
12-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I just looked up Fox's power rankings and noticed a couple things. Pittsburgh jumped 8 spots, from #20 to #12 in one week, leapfrogging the Bills who went from #16 to #14. OK, the Steelers blew out Carolina 37-3. Impressive, right? Well 37-3 is always going to be impressive, but Chris Weinke was QBing the Panthers in place of Jake DelHomme, and Weinke has never been accused of doing a terrific impression of an NFL QB. Meanwhile, Buffalo shuts out a Miami team that just shut out the mighty Patriots the previous week. They leap ahead by two spots. Or consider the Jets. They jump 4 spots by "blowing out" the Vikings 26-13, a team that the Bills beat by a more modest 5 points back before they turned around their season. Did someone forget the fact that Buffalo beat the Jets in their (the Jets') back yard 31-13 just a week and a half ago? The Bills only "beat" the Dolphins in their 21-0 shutout. The respect for the Bills is growing, but it is VERY grudging. They don't want to give Buffalo any more credit than they absolutely have to.