PDA

View Full Version : Wow.. Titans game blacked out

Tatonka
12-21-2006, 12:12 PM
it seems like with all the excited surrounded this game.. the way the team is playing.. possible playoffs..

how does this game not sell out.

glad i dont live in buffalo.. i would be pissed.

Mitchy moo
12-21-2006, 12:14 PM
That's a shame, it really is.

Michael82
12-21-2006, 12:17 PM
:shocked:

Actually, no I'm not. The NFL scheduled the majority of the games on Christmas Eve. That's ****ing moronic. All the games should have been on Saturday. I'll say it right now, the amount of people in attendance is probably only going to be 50,000. :::

TacklingDummy
12-21-2006, 12:18 PM
how does this game not sell out.

Im no Brain Surgeon or Rocket Scientist but im thinking christmas eve might have something to with it.

If a Bagger from Wegmans can figure it out, so can I. :evil:

Jan Reimers
12-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Im no Brain Surgeon or Rocket Scientist but im thinking christmas eve might have something to with it.

Your ill conceived posts concerning JP, and your poorly thought out signature, certainly prove your point.

OpIv37
12-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Tickets are easy to get in Buffalo, hence, Christmas Eve games aren't going to sell out- people are just going to go to the previous game, or the next game.

Places like Dallas, Green Bay and DC will sell out because it's a tough ticket- people will gladly sacrifice Christmas Eve for such a rare opportunity. But that's not the case in Buffalo.

If the NFL is going to schedule games on holidays, they should do a better job of selecting who the home teams will be.

Michael82
12-21-2006, 12:27 PM

If a Bagger from Wegmans can figure it out, so can I. :evil:
:mad:

Earthquake Enyart
12-21-2006, 12:34 PM
:mad:
He obviously hasn't heard about your promotion to stock boy. :::

Jeff1220
12-21-2006, 12:46 PM
This sucks for me as well. I have the luxury of blackouts normally not affecting me, since I live in MD with DirecTV. But, being Christmas, I will be in Utica to visit family and not be able to see it, since the blacked out region stretches into the western side of the Syr. CBS stations' signal. I'd love to go, but there is no way I can just ditch the family that I came to spend Christmas with to go to a football game 3 and a half hours away. :(
I'm trying to convince my bro, who lives in State College, PA to buy a slingbox, so we can watch his DTV on my laptop in while in NY. :idunno:

ICE74129
12-21-2006, 12:48 PM
:shocked:

Actually, no I'm not. The NFL scheduled the majority of the games on Christmas Eve. That's ****ing moronic. All the games should have been on Saturday. I'll say it right now, the amount of people in attendance is probably only going to be 50,000. :::

Exactly, you can't expect family to put everything on hold for a game, sorry not MATURE adults with adult responsibilites and priorities.

I will add one thing though, the BILLS themselfs caused a bunch of this. Back when families were planning their christmas break, we still were sucking. Had we started off the season say 5-2 or 6-1.....

ICE74129
12-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Im no Brain Surgeon or Rocket Scientist No joke

Devin
12-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Christmas eve begins at night/evening.

No excuses.

Wraith
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
Christmas eve begins at night/evening.

No excuses.

To you it does, maybe.

But their are many, many families where the day of Christmas Eve is one big party, sometimes more important than Christmas Day. Respect other's traditions.

BillsNick
12-21-2006, 01:12 PM
F**K Christmas! Go to the game! :snicker:

Patrick76777
12-21-2006, 01:48 PM
glad i dont live in buffalo.. i would be pissed.

I live in Buffalo, and I'll be seeing the game. From my seat in the front row.

Earthquake Enyart
12-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Do the owner's box thing Pat....

C"MON MAN.

justasportsfan
12-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Your ill conceived posts concerning JP, and your poorly thought out signature, certainly prove your point.

:10:

Patrick76777
12-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Do the owner's box thing Pat....

C"MON MAN.

I looked for those masks and couldn't find them. I would have loved to do it.

Dozerdog
12-21-2006, 02:30 PM
I'll be watching the game! :lolpoint: :comedy:

Romes
12-21-2006, 02:32 PM
I live in Buffalo, and I'll be seeing the game. From my seat in the front row.

:bf1:

HHURRICANE
12-21-2006, 03:51 PM
The Bills, in my opinion, are sabotaging themselves. All Ralph has to do is call me in Atlanta and I will become a season ticket holder just to keep the team in Buffalo! I believe they aren't marketing that hard. Where is his demand for a new stadium?!! Not once have I heard it. God judges what's in your heart not what it looks like to others. If he cares about the community than the money doesn't matter because he has more than he ever dreamed of!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-21-2006, 04:17 PM
What really sucks for me is that Mikey will be sitting next to me at the game.

Dr. Lecter
12-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Phil - Thurm - Mikey

It is a Thurm Sandwich!

PECKERWOOD
12-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Looks like I'm going to a sportsbar with the Binghampton stations.. Jeez, wtf is wrong with you people.

Michael82
12-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Phil - Thurm - Mikey

It is a Thurm Sandwich!
Actually, it's Phil - Mikey- Thurm....a Mikey sandwich. :ill:

justasportsfan
12-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Actually, it's Phil - Mikey- Thurm....a Mikey sandwich.
that's a supersized sammich.

Drive 4 Five
12-21-2006, 05:17 PM
The Bills, in my opinion, are sabotaging themselves. All Ralph has to do is call me in Atlanta and I will become a season ticket holder just to keep the team in Buffalo! I believe they aren't marketing that hard. Where is his demand for a new stadium?!! Not once have I heard it. God judges what's in your heart not what it looks like to others. If he cares about the community than the money doesn't matter because he has more than he ever dreamed of!!

New stadiums mean higher prices for tickets and parking and all that other stuff. The Bill's have a hard enough time selling out now, what do you think will happen if the cost goes up?

Drive 4 Five
12-21-2006, 05:19 PM
I say move Christmas forward one day. If I was in Buffalo, I would be there. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

:peace:

Yasgur's Farm
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
This sucks for me as well. I have the luxury of blackouts normally not affecting me, since I live in MD with DirecTV. But, being Christmas, I will be in Utica to visit family and not be able to see it, since the blacked out region stretches into the western side of the Syr. CBS stations' signal. I'd love to go, but there is no way I can just ditch the family that I came to spend Christmas with to go to a football game 3 and a half hours away. :(
I'm trying to convince my bro, who lives in State College, PA to buy a slingbox, so we can watch his DTV on my laptop in while in NY. :idunno:Slap the rabbit ears on and pick up Albany or Watertown or Binghampton for chrisake... Or visit sopcast.com.

Drive 4 Five
12-21-2006, 05:28 PM
I'll have to TIVO the game and then hit anyone square in the jaw who is foolish enough to turn on a television or speak of any scores. I'll see the game on Tuesday.

:madcloud:

Nighthawk
12-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Exactly, you can't expect family to put everything on hold for a game, sorry not MATURE adults with adult responsibilites and priorities.

I will add one thing though, the BILLS themselfs caused a bunch of this. Back when families were planning their christmas break, we still were sucking. Had we started off the season say 5-2 or 6-1.....

This is true. Plus, one thing that can be attributed to the decline in ticket sales might just be the fact that Ralph Wilson Stadium is just not that family friendly. I know that when my daughter is old enough and wants to go to the game, that I would hesitate to take her. Sorry to offend anybody, but the place has turned into a Zoo and the Bills have done nothing to address it. All you hear from people who come in from out of town is how bad it is to watch a game there. If it were a family friendly environment, then I bet you would have more people going to these games. However, it isn't and there are only so many people who want to go hang out with a bunch of fans who pre-gamed a bit too much and probably should be sleeping it off instead of in a stadium watching a game. Just my opinion.

kinigirly
12-21-2006, 07:07 PM
i'm insanely depressed. i always look forward to going home and watching the game with my parents. i only get to see them on tv when they play the pats. and i was super excited since i'm home for the last 2 games this vacation. god is playing a cruel cruel joke on me

The_Philster
12-21-2006, 07:11 PM
i'm insanely depressed. i always look forward to going home and watching the game with my parents. i only get to see them on tv when they play the pats. and i was super excited since i'm home for the last 2 games this vacation. god is playing a cruel cruel joke on me
so come to the game...since Mikey's making a big deal about sitting with me and Thurm...I'll give you his ticket :snicker:

kinigirly
12-21-2006, 07:13 PM
yeah i'm sure i won't get *****slapped by my dad. gee sorry the game is blacked out, i'm gonna go to the game and tell you how it is when i get back. no-thank-you

Dr. Lecter
12-21-2006, 10:00 PM
It looks like I have two extra tickets sweetheart. Bring your dad with you!

vinceanity
12-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Early advantage Titans. And personally, if youre in an NFL city and cant sell out no matter the date that is a big problem. We had two Xmas home games on in 2000 and another in 2004. Tix were gone in July in sixteen minutes. If this game were in Nashville we'd have sold it out easy. I love the blackout rule. People need to value what they are missing. We'll see how the walk up is.

The_Philster
12-22-2006, 04:32 AM
We had two Xmas home games on in 2000 :bs: One team can't play 2 games on one day in the NFL

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2006, 05:08 AM
Early advantage Titans. And personally, if youre in an NFL city and cant sell out no matter the date that is a big problem. We had two Xmas home games on in 2000 and another in 2004. Tix were gone in July in sixteen minutes. If this game were in Nashville we'd have sold it out easy. I love the blackout rule. People need to value what they are missing. We'll see how the walk up is.

phil, meaning one in 2000, the other in 2004..... :-P

LtFinFan66
12-22-2006, 05:10 AM
NFL Sunday Ticket baby!!

kernowboy
12-22-2006, 05:27 AM
With a bigger stadium, surely it is more difficult for the Bills to sell out. What would be fairer was if they took the capacity of the smallest stadium which is about 62-63,000 and for all stadia, say above this level its a technical sellout. Ultimately the Bills need to have a configurable new stadium which would normally hold a crowd in the mid60's but can be expanded at short notice into the low70's like the Glendale Stadium or Alamodome

CuseJetsFan83
12-22-2006, 05:39 AM
either way, its just a bad day..... honestly i think the ralph will be lucky to hit even 60k

TacklingDummy
12-22-2006, 08:06 AM

And my signature is FACT. :evil:

SABURZFAN
12-22-2006, 08:52 AM

losman only has ONE more career victory than vince young.that's a FACT too.

Jimbuktu
12-22-2006, 09:14 AM

No it's not, his name was Billy JOE Hobert

Troll.

:bravo: