PDA

View Full Version : Feel Sorry For The Locals That Can't Go To The Game ?

Night Train
12-21-2006, 12:29 PM
Me neither. :bf1:

I'll enjoy myself Sunday afternoon, watching football in Orchard Park. Christmas Eve doesn't start until the EVENING.

Devin
12-21-2006, 12:38 PM
:up:

Michael82
12-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I agree with you, but I also feel the NFL dropped the ball by scheduling the majority of the games on Christmas Eve, when they could have put them on Saturday instead.

Romes
12-21-2006, 12:43 PM
I think religion should have moved christmas to Tuesday, just for this year. it clearly conflicts with football.

:ontome:

Earthquake Enyart
12-21-2006, 12:44 PM
I feel sorry for myself because it's not in HD. :(

Jeff1220
12-21-2006, 12:52 PM
It just sucks that according to the NFL blackout rules, Utica is considered local at 3 and a half hours away. That would be live blacking out the Ravens in Scranton, PA or blacking out the Eagles in Connecticut. It makes no sense at all. If I lived within an hour of the stadium, I'd be there 8 (+) times a year.

DarbyTheDinosaur
12-21-2006, 12:56 PM

I feel sorry for you too...and for me. CBS Sucks.

Night Train
12-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I agree with you, but I also feel the NFL dropped the ball by scheduling the majority of the games on Christmas Eve, when they could have put them on Saturday instead.

They respect Festivus Day far too much to anger that crowd.

Carlton Bailey
12-21-2006, 01:01 PM
I feel very sorry for myself, actually. I have family obligations I can not get out of, but am dying to go. Those are the breaks, I guess.

Jan Reimers
12-21-2006, 01:15 PM
I feel sorry for the sick, incapacitated, elderly and other shut-ins, and those too strapped to afford it.

The rest should stop *****ing and buy a ticket.

eyedog
12-21-2006, 01:22 PM
I feel bad for all of you unable to attend the game. TV is nice but it's not like being there. A Bills win, along with a Fins and Pats win will make the holidays more the merrier. If the Bills can win, Christmas night will take on a whole new meaning.

SquishDaFish
12-21-2006, 01:46 PM
3 1/2 hours thats it?? I wish I lived that close. I would have seasons. Im 6 1/2 hours away and try to make it to 2 games a year. Someday ill live close enough to get seasons.

The_Philster
12-21-2006, 03:10 PM
I feel sorry for the sick, incapacitated, elderly and other shut-ins, and those too strapped to afford it.

Yeah...the people who can't...I feel sorry for....the people that won't...not in the least

If the Bills can win, What's this "if" word I keep seeing? :huh:

;)

PECKERWOOD
12-21-2006, 05:23 PM
The people that can't go, oughta buy a ticket anyways so we can watch it on tv. :D

Michael82
12-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Don't get Op started. :scared:

G. Host
12-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Don't get Op started. :scared:

When is BillsZone going to be in HD so we can see whining in HD?
Don't give me excuses about cost - CBS has same issue and so do people who do not need HD (or eyes are too bad to appreciate it) and are having it shoved down their throats.

mikemac2001
12-22-2006, 12:14 AM
sucks i would go but have to work...retail blows i would have gone to last three

clumping platelets
12-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Nope..........people have known about this game (time and date) since April..........there will be another Xmas Eve next year :mad:

Demon
12-22-2006, 01:29 AM
I'll be there!!

Night Train
12-22-2006, 06:55 AM

:bf1:

TigerJ
12-22-2006, 07:30 AM
Even if the game were on TV, I couldn't see it. My swedish wife's family has their traditional Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve. If I were to stay home and watch TV, to say nothing of going to Orchard Park, even a real Lexus with a big red bow wouldn't save me.

Jeff1220
12-22-2006, 07:32 AM
3 1/2 hours thats it?? I wish I lived that close. I would have seasons. Im 6 1/2 hours away and try to make it to 2 games a year. Someday ill live close enough to get seasons.

I don't live 3 hours away. I live about 8 hours away. I'll be visiting my family in Utica, which is 3 1/2 hours from Buffalo. And I did have seasons when I lived there.

eyedog
12-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Even if the game were on TV, I couldn't see it. My swedish wife's family has their traditional Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve. If I were to stay home and watch TV, to say nothing of going to Orchard Park, even a real Lexus with a big red bow wouldn't save me.

Sounds like your wife needs a little attitude adjustment.

Cntrygal
12-22-2006, 12:55 PM
I feel bad for everyone who CAN'T go.

I don't feel bad for anyone who CHOOSES to not go.

TigerJ
12-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Sounds like your wife needs a little attitude adjustment.

Not really. I agree with her. Christmas (and I'll include the days around the holiday) are an opportunity for families to function like families. While I would love to see the Bills, family is more important. The rest of the season, she puts up with me and the TV, and if the league were to schedule a game when my church activities did not interfere, she would not object top me going to the stadium. So I'm not going to object to our heading to her uncle's house after church tommorrow.

Night Train
12-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Not really. I agree with her. Christmas (and I'll include the days around the holiday) are an opportunity for families to function like families. While I would love to see the Bills, family is more important. The rest of the season, she puts up with me and the TV, and if the league were to schedule a game when my church activities did not interfere, she would not object top me going to the stadium. So I'm not going to object to our heading to her uncle's house after church tommorrow.

TigerJ runs a Church and need not explain himself. A class act all the way and one of my favorite posters.

granpylou2
12-23-2006, 07:46 PM
all i can say is that jerry jones and snyder are laughing up their sleeves because
buffalo couldnt even sell out for miami and this week is a disgrace with a young
team fighting for a playoff with a top qb chalenging them.im afraid the hand-
writing is on the wall.

SABuffalo786
12-23-2006, 11:41 PM
If I wasn't working 8-4:30, you bet your sweet pierogi I'd be in the Rockpile.

G. Host
12-23-2006, 11:57 PM
BTW something many non-Buffalo locals may not understand is that a lot of people who would have spent money on games used up their money on repairs and cleanup after that October storm. Insurance did not cover all of the damage. I know people who only have the presents they bought before the storm for Christmas. This was the wrong year to have 4 games post Thanksgiving including one Christmas eve but NFL is becoming as bad as baseball in arogance.