PDA

View Full Version : Assuming Price gets traded for a first rounder...

WG
03-04-2003, 10:30 AM
...perhaps we could grab a safety.

McKnight perhaps?

Who's out there that the Bills might be able to add to our D if we are efficient in our defensive spending.

Ie., assume we sign Spikes or Peterson, then Thornton, and a lower tier DE, we'd have some bucks left over given a Price trade.

What Ss would be good for us cost and talent wise?

losman2evans
03-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Grab a cornerback- If we can't sign Winfield to a long term contract extension- then we tag him next year and force him to sign a long term extension or "peerless" him ( tag him and trade him for a first ). Winfield may want who knows what with Bly getting 25 mill.

This would be comparable to getting Josh Reed last year. If this turns out to be a contact year for Winfield- look for him to get 7 interceptions with a pass rush -

I am hoping it doesn't come down to this because I think Winfield is awesome but TD won't be forced into putting all his money in any one play thus sacrificing the rest of the team.

Need a solid DT ala Adams- another linebacker ala Spikes or Peterson= Would luv another pass rusher. If we can obtain these in free agency along with a wide receiver we would be able to go after a cornerback in the first round.

BillsMan80
03-04-2003, 05:09 PM
With that pick there are 2 players I am focusing on if they are there...

1. Boss Bailey, OLB, Georgia
2. Jerome McDougal, DE, Miami

Both have amazing athletic ability and speed, and can get to the QB.

RedEyE
03-04-2003, 05:09 PM
I think that signing a safety is the least of our problems......but if your really want a solid safety, look at Kwamie Lassiter. Big time hitter, big time ball sniffer, and he is excellent on those safety blitzes.

ublinkwescore
03-04-2003, 05:17 PM
What's that white guy from the Hawkeyes?

He'll make a good Safety in the NFL too and shouldn't take too much time to develop.