PDA

View Full Version : Good thing the Vikings...

YardRat
12-22-2006, 06:18 AM
...opened up the vault for Hutchinson. What a difference-maker!!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/nflnews.asp?articleID=184905

Tarvaris Jackson made his first NFL start and completed 10-of-20 passes for 50 yards with an interception, while Chester Taylor ran the ball 15 times for 49 yards and made three catches for 18 yards for the Vikings (6-9), who were eliminated from playoff contention.

The Vikings were just 2-of-14 on third downs, gained 104 yards of total offense and were penalized 10 times for 68 yards.

LtFinFan66
12-22-2006, 06:52 AM
What does that have to do with Hutch:idunno:

Crazygoo
12-22-2006, 01:18 PM
i don't see how Hutch is to blame for this

YardRat
12-22-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not saying Hutch is directly to blame...but how many more players at different positions could the Vikings have signed to upgrade their offense instead of blowing their wad on a guard?

I've seen some posters express the sentiment that Buffalo should open up the vault doors for Steinbach to improve the offensive line, and Minnesota's situation is a good case study to try to interpret how wise such a move may be.

This past year the Vikings signed the big name guard for big dollars, but what good did it do them? Hell, an NFL team can get 108 yards of offense and miss the play-offs with a bunch of nobody's on the o-line, let alone over-hyped 'studs'.

Devin
12-22-2006, 07:41 PM
49 mil for a OG lol. ******s.

and with the line they have they should be able to run all day. Mount McKinnie, Hutch, and Birk......christ.