PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Factor

bloch1ef7
12-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Hard to believe that an NFL starting quarterback in playoff contention can toil in obscurity, but with most of the national media focused on rookie quarterbacks and the shocking ascension of Tony Romo, J.P. Losman is getting the short end of things.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6293638

BillsNick
12-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Nice :up:

SABURZFAN
12-22-2006, 08:42 AM
isn't romo going to the Pro Bowl?how is that getting the short end of things?

SquishDaFish
12-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Nice story

SquishDaFish
12-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Sabs let me explain for you. They are saying JP is getting the short end not Romo. Because everyone is talking about the rookies and romo so they dont realize what JP is doing. It will all come to light when we make the playoffs. Is that simple enough for you?

Jimbuktu
12-22-2006, 08:47 AM
I think this was posted yesterday.

Great story though. It's funny how all the media types are finnnnnnnally starting the give Losman some due. I think before the season they all decided that he was going to be their punchline, so now they have a bit of crow to eat.

They are still waiting for that HUGE game though, before they really start bobbing his knob. I wonder what these nimrods are going to say if we get into the postseason. I imagine they'll be hemming and hawwing all day long.

hummana hummana hummana hummana hummana

Gonna look like Bald Bull in Punch Out when he gets dazed and his eyes are rolling back in his head.

SABURZFAN
12-22-2006, 08:47 AM
romo deserves the Pro Bowl and losman doesn't.it's THAT simple.

Jimbuktu
12-22-2006, 08:52 AM
romo deserves the Pro Bowl and losman doesn't.it's THAT simple.

I don't think anyone is arguing with you there, Ahab

SABURZFAN
12-22-2006, 08:54 AM

it's good to see that people know that i'm right. :up:

justasportsfan
12-22-2006, 08:56 AM
sab's running out of bad things to say about jp so he has to find some other way to get attention. :snicker:

justasportsfan
12-22-2006, 08:58 AM
we'll see how clutch JP is these last 2 games. He doesn't have to win them by himself. I'll be happy if he does his part.

JoeMama
12-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Tony Romo is badass.

I'm personally happy to see him emerge b/c I've been telling Dallas fans for the past two years that Drew Bledsoe -- & Drew Bledsoe alone -- is the only guy holding them back.

Dwu Blumbo is a team-killer.

And lo & behold, Blumbo gets benched & the Cowgirls start winning games.

Go figure.

Tony Romo is a smart, cerebral quarterback & a winner.

SABURZFAN
12-22-2006, 09:01 AM
sab's running out of bad things to say about jp so he has to find some other way to get attention. :snicker:

in case you didn't know,i've decided to wait until the end of the season to give my thoughts on losman.not to mention that the man love-fest ruined the boards for a while too.

justasportsfan
12-22-2006, 09:04 AM
in case you didn't know,i've decided to wait until the end of the season to give my thoughts on losman.not to mention that the man love-fest ruined the boards for a while too.
I've read that several times already. In other words you're a little slow to see talent. I didn't need an entire season. I saw the talent and I saw his ability to learn and apply already. Don't worry , we won't take it against you. :D.

Saratoga Slim
12-22-2006, 11:49 AM
the name Romo reminds me of Romanowski. I admit to a little guilt by association. but Bill Romanowski was insane. Did you guys see that 60 minutes interview a while back?

Pinkerton Security
12-22-2006, 12:08 PM
it's good to see that people know that i'm right. :up:

The reason no one's arguing with you is because thats not what the article was saying, not because you are right. The reason no one is arguing with you is becasue EVERYONE knows that Romo deserves it and JP doesnt.

ICE74129
12-22-2006, 12:24 PM
romo deserves the Pro Bowl and losman doesn't.it's THAT simple.How do you figure? Only a moronic JP hater that doesn't have the sac to admit he was wrong (proving he isn't a bills fan) would say that.

ICE74129
12-22-2006, 12:25 PM

You are the king of man love. Your jilted lover hate of JP has proven that. and Again we know your position, you are wrong...not that anyone really cares.

SABURZFAN
12-22-2006, 04:10 PM
How do you figure? Only a moronic JP hater that doesn't have the sac to admit he was wrong (proving he isn't a bills fan) would say that.

:blah:

SABURZFAN
12-22-2006, 04:11 PM
You are the king of man love. Your jilted lover hate of JP has proven that. and Again we know your position, you are wrong...not that anyone really cares.

:blah:

Risin
12-22-2006, 06:19 PM

Everybody knows this, you've said it 1,000 times.

Thing is, nobody cares what you think.

YardRat
12-22-2006, 07:16 PM
If JP plays decent against the Titans, the Bills win the game, and find themselves still in the playoff hunt going into the last week of the season JP will get more national attention.

If he plays so-so or poorly and the Bills lose...he'll remain in obscurity.

Pinkerton Security
12-23-2006, 11:41 AM
If JP plays decent against the Titans, the Bills win the game, and find themselves still in the playoff hunt going into the last week of the season JP will get more national attention.

If he plays so-so or poorly and the Bills lose...he'll remain in obscurity.

Who knows, I kind of hope JP never becomes a HUGE star. I dont mind if people actually know him outside of our state, but if he became a superstar, maybe he would stop working as hard as he has. He has really made strides this year, and whether its Marv, Dick or whoever helping him, ultimately its also due to JP's work and dedication. Not many people were raving about him after the first few weeks this year, and he persevered and has turned the whole team around. I just hope he continues to work as hard as he has been and continues to show progress, because he is still no Kelly.

ublinkwescore
12-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Why would you compare him to a Kelly???

they're two different kinds of QBs - Kelly was a pure pocket passer who wouldn't do anything behind this line besides a Drew Bledsoe impersonation. A stronger armed Flutie, or a Brett Favre, or a Steve Young is a far better comparison - and the kid has shown more than just flashes as of late. I truely believe he has arrived.

I'm not saying that I don't expect to see him have a bad game here and there, but I do expect those bad games to become fewer and farther in between.

mybills
12-23-2006, 03:04 PM
:negrep: for the "Drew Bledsoe impersonation" comment.

Kelly was smarter, and got rid of the ball faster. He may not have been that mobile, but he had more brains than Blewso.

ublinkwescore
12-23-2006, 04:00 PM
:negrep: for the "Drew Bledsoe impersonation" comment.

Kelly was smarter, and got rid of the ball faster. He may not have been that mobile, but he had more brains than Blewso.

I threw that in there because early in this season, he (Kelly, like Losman) wouldn't have been able to do anything behind this line - now, it's probably a different story - though JP does still have to move around a lot more in the pocket than Kelly ever did.

cocamide
12-23-2006, 04:12 PM
I really like what I've been seeing from JP throughout this whole season. He's definitally had some bad games, but you can see that he's tried to learn from them and actually cares about winning and losing. I think he's becoming a leader of the team, and this is something that we haven't had in a long, long time at the QB position. He's going to have more bad games in the future, but who won't? I like what I see from the team and can't wait till next year.