PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 2007

JPFBillsFan
12-22-2006, 01:56 PM
JP is the QB Period!
Willis is 1B RB - Don't like Willis rather get younger here and RBs are dime a dozen
Royal is 2B TE - We need a 1A TE TGonzalez would be PERFECT
Evans is 1A WR - No needs
Price/Reed are 2C WRs - We need a 2A WR - Drew Bennett would be nice
Clements/Fletcher - Gone - We realistically need 2 LBs, unless SPikes of old shows up to camp - Briggs/AThomas/CJune 1 would be nice
Lindell - Franchise him or Long term deal
Tim Anderson is got to go - Replace with a bigger nose Tackle..

Offseason focus OL - DL - LBs and WR

BuffaloBillsStampede
12-22-2006, 02:02 PM
I agree with everything except the Drew Bennet, and I think TKO has been much more active in the past 4 games or so so I wouldn't worry too much about him. We need to resign Fletch without question.

BillsNick
12-22-2006, 02:15 PM
I think our WR corps is fine.

Gunzlingr
12-22-2006, 02:19 PM
I think we need to keep as many players as we can.

Jan Reimers
12-22-2006, 02:27 PM
We need a monster DT, a stud LB, a big number 2 WR, at least one bigtime interior O lineman, and a pass catching TE. And if Fletch and Nate leave, add another LB and a CB.

Philagape
12-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Tony Gonzalez would be a perfect complement to our WRs. He can block, too.

madness
12-22-2006, 02:39 PM
JP is the QB Period!

Wills is the RB period!
Royal is the TE period!

Marv and the coaching staff love these guys and what they bring to the team. They aren't going anywhere and deserve to stay. We are not wasting money on signing a FA TE to replace Royal and we are not definitely going in a different direction at RB.

Philagape
12-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Royal would be a great #2 tight end

kernowboy
12-22-2006, 03:13 PM
JP is the QB Period!
Willis is 1B RB - Don't like Willis rather get younger here and RBs are dime a dozen
Royal is 2B TE - We need a 1A TE TGonzalez would be PERFECT
Evans is 1A WR - No needs
Price/Reed are 2C WRs - We need a 2A WR - Drew Bennett would be nice
Clements/Fletcher - Gone - We realistically need 2 LBs, unless SPikes of old shows up to camp - Briggs/AThomas/CJune 1 would be nice
Lindell - Franchise him or Long term deal
Tim Anderson is got to go - Replace with a bigger nose Tackle..

Offseason focus OL - DL - LBs and WR

QB - I agree, JP is the man. A better backup than Holcomb needed
RB - I do feel they may look to get value here by trading mcGahee. I'd be happy with an extra pick in 2008, a FA signing of TJ Duckett and the drafting of Steve Slaton in R1'08. Bring A-Train back.
WR - agree about Evans.
WR - not really a need but we may look to sign someone like Ernest Wilford who would certainly give us height.
TE - Royal is underrated as is Neufeld and Cieslak. I think the last vestiges of Donahoe will go so Everett will be out. I am not sure Gonzalez will come to Buffalo. Maybe Dan Graham?
OL - the only signings will be the resigning of Gandy and the FA signing of a RG hopefully David Diehl.
K - resign Liandell

DL - Anderson out, hopefully Okoye in. Maybe splash some cash if one of the top LEs (Charles Grant/Justin Smith/Pat Kerney) is up for grabs. Bring back Kelsay otherwise.
LB - I see London going and maybe TKO as well. A FA MLB like Matt Wilhelm would be good but I see this being an early focus in the draft.
CB - Nate will also walk. Youboty will move on. We may pick up a youngish cornerback with upside who might have been a bust elsewhere.

My preferred offseason

Patrick Ramsay QB
Ernest Wilford WR (and maybe also Dan Graham)
TJ Duckett RB
David Diehl RG
Patrick Kerney LE
Matt Wilhelm LB
Mike Rumph CB

and a draft of
1. Paul Posluzny LB
2. Amobe Okoye NT
3. Doug Free LT
4. one from Eric Weddle DB, Jason Hill WR, Matt Herian TE
6. Clifton Dawson RB
7. Dorian DeRosia DT

Lexwhat
12-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Why would anyone with ANY basic knowledge of football wanna let Fletcher go?????

JPFBillsFan
12-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Fletcher is on the wrong side of 30, he's slow and isn't hitting the gaps...notice he makes all his running back tackles 5-6-7 yards deep. He's a good/nice player but he has a Crap Agent and will ask for more than he is worth....Cut your losses and improve the position...

We need a Taller #2 and a better Front on the DL to make up for Clements Loss...

BillsNick
12-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Fletcher is on the wrong side of 30, he's slow and isn't hitting the gaps...notice he makes all his running back tackles 5-6-7 yards deep. He's a good/nice player but he has a Crap Agent and will ask for more than he is worth....Cut your losses and improve the position...

We need a Taller #2 and a better Front on the DL to make up for Clements Loss...

I couldn't disagree more. Fletcher IS the heart and soul of this defense. Besides the fact that he put up Pro Bowl numbers yet again this year.

raphael120
12-22-2006, 03:56 PM
I couldn't disagree more. Fletcher IS the heart and soul of this defense. Besides the fact that he put up Pro Bowl numbers yet again this year.

you never see fletcher in the backfield breaking up plays

sure he had his INT, but all of his tackles at 5-7 yards downfield. we need fresh blood in the LB area, and we can't waste money on an old player like that. we pay for talent, not motivation.

Pinkerton Security
12-22-2006, 04:06 PM
you never see fletcher in the backfield breaking up plays

sure he had his INT, but all of his tackles at 5-7 yards downfield. we need fresh blood in the LB area, and we can't waste money on an old player like that. we pay for talent, not motivation.

Its not ALL about seeing someone breaking up plays in the backfield. Some may say he isnt filling his gaps, but with DT's like Triplett and Anderson in there, he isnt getting much help from them. I would personally love to see a Paul Posluzny type guy in there, but you can't discount what Fletch has been to this team, not even close.

Saratoga Slim
12-22-2006, 04:14 PM
QB - I agree, JP is the man. A better backup than Holcomb needed
RB - I do feel they may look to get value here by trading mcGahee. I'd be happy with an extra pick in 2008, a FA signing of TJ Duckett and the drafting of Steve Slaton in R1'08. Bring A-Train back.
WR - agree about Evans.
WR - not really a need but we may look to sign someone like Ernest Wilford who would certainly give us height.
TE - Royal is underrated as is Neufeld and Cieslak. I think the last vestiges of Donahoe will go so Everett will be out. I am not sure Gonzalez will come to Buffalo. Maybe Dan Graham?
OL - the only signings will be the resigning of Gandy and the FA signing of a RG hopefully David Diehl.
K - resign Liandell

DL - Anderson out, hopefully Okoye in. Maybe splash some cash if one of the top LEs (Charles Grant/Justin Smith/Pat Kerney) is up for grabs. Bring back Kelsay otherwise.
LB - I see London going and maybe TKO as well. A FA MLB like Matt Wilhelm would be good but I see this being an early focus in the draft.
CB - Nate will also walk. Youboty will move on. We may pick up a youngish cornerback with upside who might have been a bust elsewhere.

My preferred offseason

Patrick Ramsay QB
Ernest Wilford WR (and maybe also Dan Graham)
TJ Duckett RB
David Diehl RG
Patrick Kerney LE
Matt Wilhelm LB
Mike Rumph CB

and a draft of
1. Paul Posluzny LB
2. Amobe Okoye NT
3. Doug Free LT
4. one from Eric Weddle DB, Jason Hill WR, Matt Herian TE
6. Clifton Dawson RB
7. Dorian DeRosia DT

I'm not really that excited about Ernest Wilford. Maybe its cause I keep picking him up in fantasy football, and he keeps rewarding me with like 2 points a game, but I just don't see him as a receiver that's going to draw much attention away from Lee.

madness
12-22-2006, 06:27 PM
awww... how cute, look at the mini Ops. He even cloned them to say "all of Fletcher's tackles are downfield... all of Fletcher's tackles are downfield."

Justa has his work cut out for him now. :evil:

JPFBillsFan
12-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Believe me I have enjoyed having Fletcher on our team....With the fact that RW has already said he isn't bringing back Clements in not so many words, and the fact that the Tampa Cover 2 doesn't really need a shut down corner we will need to get even stronger on the fron 7. That being said Spikes is improving coming off the terrible ankle injury is under contract. Fletcher has a money hungry Agent (then again which isn't) and will command more money than he is worth. I think our money is better spent going after Ad. Thomas or L. Briggs and a Nose Tackle the likes of Pat Williams to replace smallish Tim Anderson. Now if we can't do it in free agency and Fletcher wants to stay for a fair deal then fine.

Our primary needs are on the OLine DLine and LBs....